So bummed

disneylove16

DIS Veteran
We had a trip booked Aug 25-Sep 2, 2018 at the Poly. We ended up having to cancel, and I just can't shake my disappointment. I keep telling myself we'll go in 2019, but that just seems so far away. No one seems to get it. Everyone says it's just a trip, who cares, and it's just 1 week out of the year. But for me, it was something to look forward to every day. I just know most DISers would understand. :sad1:

AW, I totally understand that. I had a dream last week that my upcoming trip was cancelled and tbh, I was in a bummed mood all morning just from the DREAM! Disney trips are something special to look forward to, I'm sure another one will come along for you soon.

We had a trip booked Aug 25-Sep 2, 2018 at the Poly. We ended up having to cancel, and I just can't shake my disappointment. I keep telling myself we'll go in 2019, but that just seems so far away. No one seems to get it. Everyone says it's just a trip, who cares, and it's just 1 week out of the year. But for me, it was something to look forward to every day. I just know most DISers would understand. :sad1:
Sorry. I know how you feel. Best thing to do is start planning your 2019 trip right now!

AW, I totally understand that. I had a dream last week that my upcoming trip was cancelled and tbh, I was in a bummed mood all morning just from the DREAM! Disney trips are something special to look forward to, I'm sure another one will come along for you soon.
I get that! I've been known to have dreams where DH does something to irk me, and will wake up being annoyed with him even though it was a dream. I hope you have an amazing time on your upcoming trip!

Thank you! :hug: I knew y'all would.

Sorry. I know how you feel. Best thing to do is start planning your 2019 trip right now!
Thank you! We actually decided this morning that we will do the same week before Labor Day in 2019. It just feels hard for me to look forward to it before we actually book it. And I've got a loooong time before those packages are released! I'm still making my tickers and countdowns and whatnot. I need to have a trip to look forward to!

I really do know your pain. We were supposed to go last June but drama from my daughters relatives forced me to cancel, I was bummed for about 3 days and then I started planning the trip for this June, The advantage with the extra year so save I upgraded from our favorite resort of FQ and upgraded to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I really do know your pain. We were supposed to go last June but drama from my daughters relatives forced me to cancel, I was bummed for about 3 days and then I started planning the trip for this June, The advantage with the extra year so save I upgraded from our favorite resort of FQ and upgraded to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Ugh.. I'm so sorry you had to postpone! I agree though, the only brightside seems to be that I have a longer time to save money. 2019 will be our 10 year anniversary, so I was thinking maybe we'll do some more add ons or a special tour or something. Thank you! :) Enoy AKL, it's such a beautiful resort!!

I am so sorry! That just truly sucks. It also sucks when no one gets why you are disappointed but you really have every right to be. Big hugs! :hug:

Definitely understand where you are coming from. Some people don't get the build up and the excitement of disney. Any vacation that has to be cancelled is a disappointment, but i think WDW is a bigger deal because so much goes into it. But take this time to further your planning, maybe as a treat for waiting longer plan something special - fireworks dessert party, maybe? Many people keep up their connection with WDW by watching youtube videos - i personally like tim tracker, TMP vid and resort tv1.

Get some books to read on hidden tips and get into more of the detail of WDW aside from just what is on the surface. I am actually reading the Hidden Magic of Walt disney world. It is great to read and take notes of little details to find in the parks -- most things that you might glance at but not think anything about it -- there is a lot of thought and details that the imagineers put into the design of everything at WDW.

Does it have to be the same time frame next year? can it be earlier in the year? April? When you are watching the weather and the hurricanes that might come though this year it might just be a blessing that you didn't go in august.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter