*So* Sick on Mission Space!

Originally posted by Mickiethepooh
I am really sorry that happened to you. I am wanting to know if anyone who normally does get sick on rides. Has taken motion sickness medication and or wore relief bands and then gone on the space ride and not gotten sick.

I want to know if that would likely work or not. Has anyone tried it? thanks

Yes, I too, suffer from motion sickness which is why I avoid all roller coasters like the Plague, and boats in general, but.......
I am a scuba diver too and it's very difficult to go scuba diving in the ocean without getting on/in a boat.

I like TOT and Splash Mountain but usually abhor Space Mountain and R&R and Big Thunder because I don't think people would appreciate "wearing parts of me home....." :eel:

I have taken Dramamine, waited 20 minutes, and gone on roller coasters. NOT a good thing to try. It made me VERY tired and messed up my equilibrium, so I felt more sick than normal. The motion sickness bands worked for some small boats in rather calm seas but not for roller coasters or for choppy seas. Then there's Bonine - it didn't make me drowsy nor did it make me off-balanced. I could ride Space Mountain without feeling like I was going to lose it during or after, but I also made sure I hadn't eaten 2 hours prior or 1 hour after (that includes any sodas or even water).

I can recommend a natural substance that if your stomach is upset will calm it down pleasantly and quickly. Sugared ginger. You can get it any any major food store or halth food place. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

there is also a non drowsy form of dramamine...never used it myself but my motion-sickness prone hubby said it works (on planes,hasn't tested it on ms) and does not make him sleepy

The non-drowsy form of Dramamine is exactly the same as Bonine...both brand names for meclizine.

I most definitely plan on trying MS in October; I do have inner ear problems but will take my usual antihistimines and a Bonine and go for it. I can't imagine not trying this ride at least once. :)

Dramamine and Bonine are not the same.

dimenhydrinate (Dramamine)
meclizine (Bonine)

On WebMD it says that Dramamine causes dry mouth and drowsiness. However it does not make the same points about Bonine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter