So what did your flight cost?-

mommymanda

Mouseketeer
We will most likely fly out of Detroit, unless by some miracle Toronto (or better yet London) offers an amazing deal.

I am in the serious planning stage. I will be booking October for our trip August 2014.

Right now I can't even get estimate prices for flights as they are not open to book that far ahead (nor do I have set dates until DH gets his holiday approval for next year).

I know when scanning around earlier this year tickets ran around $260 round before all the fees.

Was that the average this year? Tips to finding the best price (I've seen the erase cookies tip)? Best website to use and find deals?

We are flying out of Buffalo August 22-29 on Delta.

Booked our tickets in April...$245.60 US each round trip including taxes (or $257.20 CAD) for a total of $771.60CAD for three of us.

These are not direct flights, but that's okay, there is one layover each way and both are less than an hour.

I use Kayak and set a price alert for the flights I'm searching for. I always do a BUF-MCO and YYZ-MCO option to keep comparing the differences between Toronto and Buffalo.

I like searching on Kayak.com for flights. We fly from Seattle, and booked January 2014 flight already. $325 RT incl tax. That's a decent fare from west coast. And our flight home is direct.

We paid $320 each for our upcoming trip. Non-stop both directions via JetBlue (so seat selection fees and one checked bag per person are included in that price, as well as all taxes). We fly from Syracuse, NY.

We fly from Minneapolis because Winnipeg is absurd prices. We paid $280 each on Southwest in September. No luggage fees!

We are flying from Buffalo non-stop to MCO on Southwest (2 free bags each) There are 4 of us, and we paid $1003 for all of us. This is a little more than we usually spend (flying out of Detroit - twice on Delta, once on Spirit) but Buffalo is much closer (we're in the GTA) and we don't have to pay for bags.

Christmas time flights $374.30 each total with taxes- Buffalo to Orlando- flying Jet Blue down and southwest back (included EBCI) The year before was $335 each with Southwest down and Air Trans back(so had to pay for luggage with them on flight home). We are going in the fall from Buffalo to Tampa and it is $281.80 total per person with Southwest. All flights are non stops. I can't seem to find the $100 flights anymore! We always book as soon as flights are released and I watch them to see if they go down........but so far that only happened once over 5 or 6 trips.

We got flights from Buffalo to Fort Myers on a seat sale that had similar prices for Tampa and MCO. $547 CAD return for two people including taxes on Delta (inbound) and USAirways (outbound), February 24-March 3, 2013. On top of that we paid $25 each way for one large suitcase that we shared. Each flight had one connection, but I like having an early flight that is broken up into two short hops and getting to stop for breakfast.

I used the SkySkanner app on my iPhone to find the flights, wrote down all the flight numbers, then called http://itravel2000.com to book them for me. I probably could have saved the agent fee by booking directly through one of the American sites that SkySkanner linked to though.

We're out of Detroit, too. We just paid $480.00 for Christmas (Delta). That was about $60 more and we bought 2-3 weeks later than we did last year. I see the cost has actually gone down $20 :(.

It used to be Delta would have their lowest prices when the prices were first published, but this year it seems different...

Sept mid week to mid week $575 for 3 people round trip.

Dec Sat-Sat $975 for 4 (my YDS will need a seat).

Anything $250 or less I am happy.

We just managed to find flights dec 20-29 for under $325pp taxes in from Niagara Falls NY to Sanford.

We are going in October, Rochester to MCO direct flights on Southwest - $216 RT/pp, so it's 864 total for the 4 of us. On Southwest bags are still free too, so no extra fees.

We were planning on driving but with costs like that we couldn't pass it up!

We flew TO-MCO last October and April. We paid $1200 both times for direct flights, 3 people. DH refuses to drive to Buffalo to fly to FL, and refuses any flight with a layover. We are driving to Detroit though to fly to CA two weeks from now. Couldn't justify paying the same for TO flights as DET flights/hotel/car!

still waiting for good price on flights out of winnipeg for oct. they are out of this world, don't know what ac and west jet are doing with their low cost flights but nothing is low cost here.thanks just venting.

still waiting for good price on flights out of winnipeg for oct. they are out of this world, don't know what ac and west jet are doing with their low cost flights but nothing is low cost here.thanks just venting.

I feel your pain.

I just checked my files - last couple of years, at roughly this time I bought flights for mid-Feb and mid-April. This year the prices are still through the roof for those travel times.

Also, last couple of years I paid about $110 less for Christmas flight tix. Last few years they shot up after I purchased, this year the price is dropping. :crazy:

Have you priced Delta out of Winnipeg? Found them to be quite competitively priced.

We are flying out of Nashville, BNA for 2 adult roundtrip tickets (and infant in arms) to Orlando, MCO, non stop flights, taxes, fees and all the total was $660!!!! We got an awesome deal through Southwest, August 11-18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter