So what do you do?

I am a Church Secretary. It is a fantastically flexible job and the paychecks are not 1/2 bad either! :cool2:

DH is a Senior Textile/CAD designer.

See that couch over there in your living room? It's possible he designed the fabric on it!

As all of my friends tell me, I'm kept. But... DP insists that I work otherwise I get bored and plan too many vacations, etc. :)

I'm a Business Development Manager (fancy title does not equal the pay) for a marketing company. My client is a large technology company known mostly for their printers. I manage a 5 state territory of partner dealers. I primarily work from home, but do a lot of traveling throughout Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Ahh... the good life!

DP is a director of curriculum and instruction for a school district in the metro. He's got more degrees than I can count... and soon to be a PhD.

I work in Patient Experience (like Public Relations) for a large private health care system in Florida.

Dirt Doctor. I run a small construction materials testing lab -- previously, I was a formulating surfactant chemist but pickins is lean fer those of us who'd rather have a life than a career. (My family all live here in Arizona so relocating is not that attractive)

I work in Telecommunications for my main job and I work part time for several venues in town (including working at the NHL/NBA arena and some other concert venues)

I'm a teacher - I teach law to 16-18 year olds in college in the UK, and from September will be teaching some undergraduate classes too. My gf is a university librarian - I'm slowly converting her to the wonders of disney!

I'm a human resource director for a nonprofit social service agency and my partner is an attorney with the federal government.

Well, hubby is now retired after 40 years of working for the L.A. court system and I've been unemployed from a full-time job since just before Christmas BUT my part-time job is working for a court reporter out of Atlanta and cleaning up her transcripts; reading steno, listening to audio and making it purty!

Oh, the other part-time job is packing up the house, organizing the garage sales and prepping everything for our move to Mexico next month. A new life adventure begins for us!!

Michael

Hello all! I am new to the forums, just joined today. I will be making only my second trip to Orlando on August 7th. I first when in 1994 when I was a freshman in highschool. I am really excited! My partner of 7 years has never been and we are big Harry Potter fans and are thrilled to check out the new area of IOA.

I am an oncology RN with a specialty focus in radiation therapy. My partner is a kindergarten teacher. We both don't see how we can handle our jobs daily. Those kids would drive me insane! And he tells me that he could never work with cancer patients.

Hello all! I am new to the forums, just joined today. I will be making only my second trip to Orlando on August 7th. I first when in 1994 when I was a freshman in highschool. I am really excited! My partner of 7 years has never been and we are big Harry Potter fans and are thrilled to check out the new area of IOA.

I am an oncology RN with a specialty focus in radiation therapy. My partner is a kindergarten teacher. We both don't see how we can handle our jobs daily. Those kids would drive me insane! And he tells me that he could never work with cancer patients.

Welcome! :goodvibes We are typically in Orlando in August, but we went in June this year for Gay Days and Star Wars weekends. We saw the WWoHP as part of the preview for onsite hotel guests. The theming is spectacular!

:hug:
Welcome to the boards :) Both great jobs which I appreciate as one of my brothers' is a teacher and my other brother and father were fighting cancer at the same time so we truly appreciate people like yourself! The personnel at the cancer wards were some of the best to ever deal with at hospitals :)

Thanks!! Yes it is mentally, e otionally, and physically draining working in oncology but I love it. I lost my mom to cancer in 2003 after she fought with it for 16 years and this is my way of giving back I guess. I love my co-workers. They are pretty much my family since my real family wants nothing to do with me due to the whole gay thing.

I'm a commercial photographer and a wine steward at a local cellar. This could be changing in the near future. :rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek:
Oh crap! I'm going straight to hell!
Do not pass go - do not collect $200!

Why? If it is because you are gay on the Gay/Lesbian section of this site, I think you are worried about nothing. I could never believe in a God that would punish someone for loving someone else.

We seem to have a lot of people with fancy titles here... makes me think of my one of my hubby's official job titles Electrical Mechanical Engineer ---- essentially Mechanic ;)

I don't mean to be insulting because I don't know these people here or what all their jobs involve. I do know what you mean when you say that job titles often tell little about what a person actually does. It has been my observation that the fancier the job title the more often what it means is sales person.

I am not working now as my company closed on June 10th.

Why? If it is because you are gay on the Gay/Lesbian section of this site, I think you are worried about nothing. I could never believe in a God that would punish someone for loving someone else.

No ... cause I do my share of "mischief" making around these parts.
But I'm goaded into it - swear to god I am!
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter