Soap making?(Fizzy Balls)

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
Hi. Has anyone made thier own soap. DD18 got a couple of those fizzy balls for christmas, and they looked home made.

Here are a few bath ideas. I haven't tried them though.

Recipe For Bath Bombs
Homemade Recipes Featured By Herbalist Christine Blume
This recipe was featured in the 7NEWS morning newscast on Sunday, Dec. 9.
· 1 part citric acid
· 3 parts baking soda
· Witch hazel, essential or fragrance oils
· Mix dry ingredients together
· Add dry colorings
· Add 1/2 tsp oil, mix
· Mist with witch hazel
· Press into molds
· Let dry for 30 minutes

Bath Salts
· ½ cup epsom salts -- full of magnesium, good for sore, aching muscles
· ¼ cup mineral or sea salts (sea salt is ANY salt) -- it remove toxins and contains minerals and trace minerals
· ¼ cup borax -- very skin softening (yes, this is 20 mule team LAUNDRY BOOSTER found in the grocery store, aqua colored box. It is mined in Nevada and is very skin softening) essential oils or fragrance oils add enough so that it smells about twice as strong as you like, when added to the bath water it will be greatly diluted
Add essential oils or blends of oils, your choice. Mix well with a stainless steel wisk and pour into decorative jars or funnel into glass bottles (plastic will absorb the essential oils and fragrance oils). If you are making bath salts for someone who uses them more than once a week, add just as much baking soda as you have salt to cut down on the drying effect of the salts. Example if your total is 1 cup salts then add 1 cup of baking soda.

Sizzling Bath Crystals
· ½ cup epsom salts -- full of magnesium, good for sore, aching muscles
· ¼ cup mineral or sea salts (sea salt is ANY salt) - remove toxins and contains minerals and trace minerals
· ¼ cup borax - very skin softening (yes, this is 20 mule team LAUNDRY BOOSTER found in the grocery store, aqua colored box. It is mined in Nevada and is very skin softening)
· 1/4 cup citric acid (found at health food stores or pharmacy) essential oils or fragrance oils add enough so that it smells about twice as strong as you like, when added to the bath water it will be greatly diluted.
Add essential oils or blends of oils, your choice. Mix well with a stainless steel wisk and pour into decorative jars or funnel into glass bottles (plastic will absorb the essential oils and fragrance oils).
If you want to add color to either bath salts you can use natural pigments. You can get them online from the following company. Use only 1/8 th teaspoon per 2 cups of bath salts. DO NOT USE FOOD COLORING.

This is my business, lol.. so please understand i have some idea what i am talking about.. LOL..
"Fizzy balls" as you called them, are pretty hard to master. I have been making them for about 3 years now, and it took me MONTHS to get my recipe "perfect", and there are still so many factors that can determine the quality of these......... your liquid/dry ratio has to be PERFECT, and the humidity level of your air in the room where you are making them will affect the results too (like winter vs summer, ac or heat..etc).
They can be fun, but are also very time consuming to make and messy! LOL And, on the more serious side, you need to be careful in making anything that goes in your bath - as it can have positive or negitive results on your um.. "private" areas.. ESPECIALLY if you are using pure EO's and aren't use to using them or don't know what the right amount to use is.. you could really "harm" yourself.
I can tell you though -- the recipe above is not how i make mine.. It is missing some ingredients IMO.. but like i said, everyone has their own, and you have to "play" with your recipe alot.. best advice i can give is to write down exact measurements of what you use, and the outcome of the recipe, so you know what works and what didn't.
Let me know if you decide to attempt them, and have questions, i will be glad to help, as long as it's not compromising my recipe.. LOL ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter