Soarin' Disney:2005 - Part #5 - Wal-Mart (Brand New, Closer)

ehagerty

DIS Veteran
Normally, I don't spend valuable trip report time complimenting Wal-mart, but I have to say that the brand new (opened 5-6 weeks ago) store on Rt535 (just north of the Osceola Parkway) was:
- convenient (5 minutes from the World)
- traffic-free (no 192 at all)
- clean
- odor free
- wide ailes
- well stocked
- cashiers waiting for customers (this was morning and I don't think too many people realized it was there)

Part 2 of the positive report:
We had a minor prescription emergency. Disney recommended Turner Drugs, which does deliver (a plus if you are a single parent with a sick child, or a tourist without a car), but does not take any insurance. Wal-mart processed our prescription in 5 minutes as though we were home, charging our insurance company (a national provider).

Minor down side - had trouble locating a Brita pitcher (it was in hardware instead of housewares - nice, big, end-display, kitty-corner from where I was looking, duh!). Took several inquiries before I happened on an English speaking employee. Everyone was very nice trying to help, but we weren't successfully communicating.
---------------------------------------------------------------

We have Steve of the Wilderness Lodge Health Club (Sturdy Branches) to thank for this. He saw my husband struggling to look up pharmacies in the lobby of the WLV, came out of the club, told him about the new Wal-mart, and helped him find the number to facilitate communicating with Wal-mart to determine if we should go there. He really deserved a WWWD (What Would Walt Do) pin - I just didn't have one with me at the time. Thanks, Steve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter