Soda mug and serving question...

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hello all....cruising in 2 weeks on the Magic....are they still using the mugs or are they putting the sticker on the cards? Also, are we now permitted to serve ourselves or are they still serving you? We were served in December when everyone was paranoid about the virus..
Thanks all....
Tom

From what I've heard, sticker is all you need and they're charging an extra $5 for the mug :confused: As if it wasn't enough already!

As far as serving, I last heard that they serve you for the first day or 2 then open it up.

Can anyone confirm?

On our March 4 day cruise, we were serving ourself the first day. Maybe the Norwalk virsus has decided to take it's own vacation now.

cruised in January, and were using mugs. I thought stickers were a thing of the past. Planned on bringing my mugs on my next cruise....will be very upset if I have to "repurchase", as I now have mugs from both ships. All set for whatever vacation I get to take mext. I KNOW I didn't drink $35 worth of soda, but was glad to have the souvenier. We also served ourselves in January, so I'm pretty sure they'll let you still do the same. But they were handing out handy wipes as you came into the buffett--not a bad idea!

The mug and soda sticker program are sold only for the length of the current cruise that you are on. You will need to purchase the program and receive the sticker on your room key card for your next cruise. You can certainly bring your old mugs, but you will still need to purchase the soda program once on board.

Carol,
Where do you buy the mugs? At check in or after you board? What if your child forgets his mug somewhere, do they still use the stickers on your card to allow them to get a drink?

Alison

In the past they have had the mugs set up right by the elevators, When we cruised in December they were exclusively using stickers and were set up in the same area. I like the idea of the stickers as our DS was always forgetting his mug. Of course now that you can get that great lemonade we probably will forgo the stickers all together, I just bring a 12pk of soda.

just off the 4/24 cruise, purchased sticker for $15.00, and bought mug and strap for $5.00, had to show sticker on key card to get pop, food is self serve from day 1

cruise newbie here: what is this mug and sticker program? how does it work? is it worth it?

It is worth it if you drink ALOT of soda. Basically it is 5.00 a day regardless on what cruise you are on.. (hense why the four day is 20.00 and the seven day is 35.00) we did it for cruise numbers one and two and dropped it for number three, we didn't drink enough soda to make it worth while, the mugs are nice though and DS uses them at home to have water by his bed at night.

Just got off the Magic on 5/3. They are still using the sticker program. We bought into the program and got the mugs (Also had another cabin that was booked by AAA and they comp mugs) and everyone got a sticker on Key to the World Card. Then you just show your card and get a plstic cup filled with soda. Leave the mug in the room. Also, when people bought mugs, they had AAA mugs that said "Compliments of your agent" that they were giving out as sold mugs. Which would lead me to believe that they are phasing out mugs or getting new ones in.

David

is this for when you get off the ship? Or for non-meal time while on board the ship? (sorry for the silly questions here)

THis would be for any time you wanted a drink other than meal time. You can stop in any of the bars or such get a drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter