• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

sofa bed or two queen?

traveler_t

Earning My Ears
Two parents and two kids visiting Aulani. Is it better to take "Resort Room" or "Deluxe Studio"? Specifically seems delux rooms always comes with a queen+sofa bed while in resort room it can be either sofa or two queens (I guess not guaranteed?). Is it comfortable for two kids (7yo, 5yo girls both on the smaller side) to sleep on the sofa bed together or better have a queen bed for them? We like that the sofa bed is lower (always afraid they will fall from high beds) but want to make sure size is large enough so each one has some space. thanks!

If you go to Tripadvisor or something similar you can probably see images and guesstimate for yourself. I found that Youtube often has guest videos for well known hotels & location, in particular, Disney facilities which is super helpful. Looking for vloggers helped us avoid a big mistake of staying at the Floridian during construction.

FWIW my boy and girl were fine sharing up until my son started his growth spurt around 9-10 then I pivoted to checking hotels for space for an airbed.

Two parents and two kids visiting Aulani. Is it better to take "Resort Room" or "Deluxe Studio"? Specifically seems delux rooms always comes with a queen+sofa bed while in resort room it can be either sofa or two queens (I guess not guaranteed?). Is it comfortable for two kids (7yo, 5yo girls both on the smaller side) to sleep on the sofa bed together or better have a queen bed for them? We like that the sofa bed is lower (always afraid they will fall from high beds) but want to make sure size is large enough so each one has some space. thanks!
What is a "Resort Room"? If you mean 1-Bedroom, yes! A Deluxe Studio is tight and the fact that there is just a small Fridge and Microwave and Coffee Maker isn't the best...but if you want comfort, that 1-Bedroom is a must. Our first DVC stay we had a Deluxe Studio. It worked because our kids were 3 and not yet 1 and it was challenging to have them nap since there's no privacy or separation from sleeping areas. If you plan to eat downstairs or in restaurants each meal, the Deluxe Studio is ok, but if you want comfort, that 1-Bedroom makes the trip so much more comfortable and relaxing...You can also cook dinner and prep your own lunch with all the amenities it comes with. =) Enjoy!

We've always found the sofa beds in all hotels unbearable even for young children and would rather sleep two to a queen bed than put two on a sofa bed. My daughter and I slept in one bed and my husband slept on the other with our son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter