Soldiers wife having a bad day

Little Flower

DIS Veteran
today is a bad day!!

My husband had been in Afghanistan for 2 weeks now (he's in the airforce) and i am sick of the empty house, sick of not knowing when he is going to call, just generally fed up of everything.

I'm just so worried and lonely

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Prayers for your DH's safety while he is deployed.

Hugs for you. I will keep you both in my prayers. Remember it is ok to take life minute by minute sometimes. Be good to yourself, pamper yourself.

Keep posting your feelings. It really helps to get them out.

Thank you both for your service to our country.

Hang in there. My dh is in training right now and will be deploying in a few weeks. It is so hard when you can't hear their voice and know they are okay. I have been an army wife for 12 years and I know it is tough. Feel free to pm me anytime.:grouphug:

I know it sounds like a long time, but a couple of months will fly by. My dh will be gone for a year.

DW of a retired AF man here. And I know all too well what your going through. Hang in there though. I know it's easier said then done, but we're all here for you if you need to talk. :)

I'm having a bit of a better day today! Still on shaky ground but better.

I went out for a few drinks with DH's shift which was nice. It cheered me up a bit!

Thanks for all your support. If you guys don't mind, i would like to keep posting on here, keep my spirits up:grouphug:

Everyone else,including myself wants you to keep us informed..

We love the ones that sacrifice there life and family to do what there country ask them to do:grouphug:

Keep us informed:thumbsup2 We are here for you!!!

I am not a military wife and I hate when DH travels for work so I cannot imagine what you are going through. Thank you both for the sacrifices you are making for all of us.
My prayers will be with both of you.

I know how you feel. Dh is in the Navy and has been deployed since March. He should get home around Sept 23 so I am really looking forward to that. It's been tough but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's fast approaching now. Good luck to you and your husband! Hugs all around:grouphug:

I am praying for you. I pray for our soldiers everyday. Thank him for serviing our Country.

My nephew.just got back from Afghanistan after a year. Our family and his girlfriend had web cams. Do you have that? If not you might want to get each of you one. It does help to be able to see them often.

Any time you need to talk just know that we are here for you. Love and prayers.

Hang in there. My dh is in training right now and will be deploying in a few weeks. It is so hard when you can't hear their voice and know they are okay. I have been an army wife for 12 years and I know it is tough. Feel free to pm me anytime.:grouphug:

I know it sounds like a long time, but a couple of months will fly by. My dh will be gone for a year.

I'm so sorry to hear how long your DH will be gone - it's such a long time!!

You are right though, it does go quickly! We're on 3 weeks already!

Another AF wife here..
Stay busy on a regular daily schedule. Turn off the news. Talk. lots.
Hugs & prayers!:grouphug:

Don't just stay home waiting on his phone call or twiddling around the house. Get out and do things. Learn something new like cake decorating or knitting or make up a new social group for you and others to get together during the week or even a dinner club where you take turns having dinner at your house.

The first two weeks or so is difficult but then you will get into a routine and before you know your husband will be home to mess it up;) Every morning get up and mark another day off your calendar because you are one more day closer to him coming home.

Do you have a goal for your deployment? Anything in particular you are saving towards or planning for such as home improvements, new furniture, or a vacation. Do something that you both can work towards if possible.

In the end all you can do though is just get through it. You have good days and you have bad days but you need to make sure your good ones outnumber the bad.

Also, if you see you are having more bad days than good ones, I really recommend you getting some medical help. There is no shame in needing something to help you through your deployment. It makes your life more manageable.

If all else fails, do what I do. Anything and everything that can and will go wrong is your husband's fault because he is away.:rotfl: Skewed logic but it works for me:laughing:

Don't just stay home waiting on his phone call or twiddling around the house. Get out and do things. Learn something new like cake decorating or knitting or make up a new social group for you and others to get together during the week or even a dinner club where you take turns having dinner at your house.

The first two weeks or so is difficult but then you will get into a routine and before you know your husband will be home to mess it up;) Every morning get up and mark another day off your calendar because you are one more day closer to him coming home.

Do you have a goal for your deployment? Anything in particular you are saving towards or planning for such as home improvements, new furniture, or a vacation. Do something that you both can work towards if possible.

In the end all you can do though is just get through it. You have good days and you have bad days but you need to make sure your good ones outnumber the bad.

Also, if you see you are having more bad days than good ones, I really recommend you getting some medical help. There is no shame in needing something to help you through your deployment. It makes your life more manageable.

If all else fails, do what I do. Anything and everything that can and will go wrong is your husband's fault because he is away.:rotfl: Skewed logic but it works for me:laughing:

Tina, these are absolute truths in my life!!!:rotfl:

Amen Tina! I have been a Navy wife for 22 years and I don't think one thing that has gone wrong has been my fault. Of course it is my husbands!!!

Hang in there Little Flower!! It does pass with a lot of prayers and Chocolate!!

Amen! And something always goes wrong while they are deployed.....like the heating element in the oven going out the night before Thanksgiving. That one is definately a history maker in our family album!

At the moment i am working towards my WDW holiday this Dec. DH gets back about three weeks before we go away - i'll quite happily dwell on that all day.

It's definately better when i am at work as i am busy so i have set myself a little project at home. I Cross stich so i have given myself 3.5 months to finish a really large complicated project!!! argh!!

You are right about everything breaking down when he is away though. So far i have had the mechanic to my car twice, i need a new fridge and a new washing machine!!! i am laughing about it as these things are inevitable really and beyond my control but it is just typical!! it's all his fault!!!:lmao:

Hi little flower. I hope you are having a good day today.
I have a thought...... Do you scrapebook? Disney is the best way to scrapebook. It is sooooo fun and addicting. If you have taken past trips than you might think about seperating all your pictures into the different trips and start a disney scrapbook to help keep all those memories. Just a thought.

Hi little flower. I hope you are having a good day today.
I have a thought...... Do you scrapebook? Disney is the best way to scrapebook. It is sooooo fun and addicting. If you have taken past trips than you might think about seperating all your pictures into the different trips and start a disney scrapbook to help keep all those memories. Just a thought.

I had thought about it but i have never done it before. I'm sure i'd know where to start. I like the idea though - any tips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter