**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

Heading to WDW solo April 15-22, staying at CSR. Would love to meet up with others! Itinerary as follows so far:

4/15 - Resort and Disney Springs
4/16 - Epcot
4/17 - MK
4/18 - MORE DISNEY SPRINGS!
4/19 - DHS
4/20 - AK
4/21 - Resort and of course more Disney Springs :)

Heading November 10 to 21. Only trip this year. Was AP holder, but wouldn't renew now since they no longer list resort discounts as one of the benefits. So, just using my Disney Visa to take advantage of the 6 months 0% interest on WDW package. Will be doing triple split at 3 of my favorite resorts...3 nights CSR, 4 nights BWI, and 4 nights POFQ. Mainly going for Food and Wine...right now have 5 days at EPCOT reserved, 1 at HS, and 1 at AK...can't make more than 7 per the system.

Heading November 10 to 21. Only trip this year. Was AP holder, but wouldn't renew now since they no longer list resort discounts as one of the benefits. So, just using my Disney Visa to take advantage of the 6 months 0% interest on WDW package. Will be doing triple split at 3 of my favorite resorts...3 nights CSR, 4 nights BWI, and 4 nights POFQ. Mainly going for Food and Wine...right now have 5 days at EPCOT reserved, 1 at HS, and 1 at AK...can't make more than 7 per the system.
Have actually dropped the BWI reservation to save $1K+. Now booked at CSR for 5 nights and POFQ for the remaining 6. Can't wait!

So I have been on these boards on and off since 2008 and I've ALWAYS wanted to ask...for those who enjoy their Solo trips can you tell me how you deal with not being able to share the experience of being there? Every ride or show...parade etc. I'm constantly in conversation about how I'm feeling. I can't imagine riding Soarin and not being able to do that. I'm not afraid at all about traveling by myself, dining alone etc. I just wondered what do you do...it must be a quieter trip. I ask because my DP has back issues and we're planning a trip next year but this may be her last. That would mean possibly doing a solo trip. So I have questions...Thanks in advance:flower1:

So I have been on these boards on and off since 2008 and I've ALWAYS wanted to ask...for those who enjoy their Solo trips can you tell me how you deal with not being able to share the experience of being there? Every ride or show...parade etc. I'm constantly in conversation about how I'm feeling. I can't imagine riding Soarin and not being able to do that. I'm not afraid at all about traveling by myself, dining alone etc. I just wondered what do you do...it must be a quieter trip. I ask because my DP has back issues and we're planning a trip next year but this may be her last. That would mean possibly doing a solo trip. So I have questions...Thanks in advance:flower1:

I tend to just be with myself, but I am alos talkative and sometimes will strike up a conversation with strangers. I know not everyone is comfortable doing that - actually I'm not really except at Disney - but it can help pass the time in line. Usually it's because I overhear a question and I can be helpful. That's a good ice breaker.

I tend to just be with myself, but I am alos talkative and sometimes will strike up a conversation with strangers. I know not everyone is comfortable doing that - actually I'm not really except at Disney - but it can help pass the time in line. Usually it's because I overhear a question and I can be helpful. That's a good ice breaker.
I wondered if folks just struck up conversations with fellow Disney people. I'm a huge talker so to me, that was a big reason I've never considered going solo. I love to share the experience.

I wondered if folks just struck up conversations with fellow Disney people. I'm a huge talker so to me, that was a big reason I've never considered going solo. I love to share the experience.

I find it easy at Disney because of the shared experience we are all partaking in. Usually I'll answer a question, or maybe jsut remark on a cool Disney shirt or something. It jsut goes from there. I actually find guests a bit freindlier at DLR than at WDW, probably because there are a lot of young adults and solos there. Interestingly, the most talkative folks I've found were at the water parks - not sure why. They seem to often be International travellers too.

I will admit that someimes I do feel lonely or introspective while there. Sometimes I wonder, "Why am I doing this?" as in waiting in line for Big Thunder Mountain for my 80th time in life. But, you know, then I get on it and I know! :)

I find it easy at Disney because of the shared experience we are all partaking in. Usually I'll answer a question, or maybe jsut remark on a cool Disney shirt or something. It jsut goes from there. I actually find guests a bit freindlier at DLR than at WDW, probably because there are a lot of young adults and solos there. Interestingly, the most talkative folks I've found were at the water parks - not sure why. They seem to often be International travellers too.

I will admit that someimes I do feel lonely or introspective while there. Sometimes I wonder, "Why am I doing this?" as in waiting in line for Big Thunder Mountain for my 80th time in life. But, you know, then I get on it and I know! :)
You're making it seem very possible. Thank you!!!

You're making it seem very possible. Thank you!!!

Glad I could help!

Of course this thread is for tracking down DIS friends too, which can be fun as well. Sometimes it's hard to make itineraries match up, but sometimes just meeting for a meal or a few hours of park action is good and can break up a solo trip a little.

Glad I could help!

Of course this thread is for tracking down DIS friends too, which can be fun as well. Sometimes it's hard to make itineraries match up, but sometimes just meeting for a meal or a few hours of park action is good and can break up a solo trip a little.
Right!! I've met several people on past trips and it's always fun. I still have 4 very dear friends that have stayed in touch for over 10+ years. I love that about Disney people...no matter how different we may be we all love Disney:flower1:

Right!! I've met several people on past trips and it's always fun. I still have 4 very dear friends that have stayed in touch for over 10+ years. I love that about Disney people...no matter how different we may be we all love Disney:flower1:

Yeah, I think that helps with my comfort zone. Sometimes, people jsut don't "get" the Disney love, or I may even be judged for it out int he real world. In the parks though, we all have that shared baseline, even if for different reasons. Everyone just wants to have a great vacation filled with Disney magic!

Yeah, I think that helps with my comfort zone. Sometimes, people jsut don't "get" the Disney love, or I may even be judged for it out int he real world. In the parks though, we all have that shared baseline, even if for different reasons. Everyone just wants to have a great vacation filled with Disney magic!
Yessssss!!!! I would rather go alone and enjoy myself then go with people who don't get it. That would be far lonelier.

Yessssss!!!! I would rather go alone and enjoy myself then go with people who don't get it. That would be far lonelier.

Oh, man, yeah, I have some friends who just don't get it at all. Like I was with some friends and when we would see something amazing and ask, "How dod they do that?" "Magic!" is always the answer. But then there's this one firend - "It's not magic." Yeah, okay, guy, you can go now. We don't need you here! 🤣

Oh, man, yeah, I have some friends who just don't get it at all. Like I was with some friends and when we would see something amazing and ask, "How dod they do that?" "Magic!" is always the answer. But then there's this one firend - "It's not magic." Yeah, okay, guy, you can go now. We don't need you here! 🤣
Byeeeeeee:smooth::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Byeeeeeee:smooth::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yeah. I was actually there with him recently because he does like Star Wars, so you know, I gave him a shot. He was okay, but then while we were waiting in line fo rJungle Cruise, I asked if he wanted to do Pirates of the Caribbean next, and his reply was, "I dunno. It's just a boat ride." 😮 🤯 I told him that kind of talk could get him thrown out of here! 🤣 From then on, everything we rode, I would say,"Are you sure, it's just a *blank* ride."

Last edited:
Hi All- After 5 years w/o a visit to Disney; finally booked a trip July. 10-16 I am going solo; have done that a few times in the past. DVC member, staying at Saratoga Springs. Looking forward to seeing all the changes that have happened since my last visit. Any other fellow solo Disney visitors going during that time? Any updated solo tips? Looking forward to my visit!

Ive been doing solo travel on and off for about 20 years, not just Disney parks but city breaks to various countries. Ive never really thought about that, doing a ride or show at Disney or doing some tourist activity in a city and not having anyone to talk about that activity during and after.

I talk to people while waiting in line, but not all the time. Now that I think about it, I could go for hours in Disneyland and the only time I would speak would be to ride loaders to say just 1 or when getting food or snacks.

I guess I am just used to not having anyone to share things with, or even just to turn to and say oh wow isnt that wait time long as I walk around the park.

I guess thats why I plan so much, that I have a schedule and know that when I get off a ride that I need to go to the next ride or show, or that I have a restaurant reservation or that I need to check out the shop etc, etc

I never thought about how little I speak at Disneyland, its just one of those things about being on your own that you dont really notice unless someone mentions it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter