Something About Nothing ... #12

Yep, Monday and it`s cold.........sunny at least......

Got some new furniture delivered, just some side tables for dining room.....delivery was supposed to be between 10-2.......we thought we are always last......

Delivery men buzzed at 9.45am. That's good service...........and over the moon with the additions to the room.

Lunch soon, then may nip out and look at some new cars today........not changing ours just yet, our car isn't 3 years old till January next year so wont change it before then, but like to look.........

Have a great Monday :D

Afternoon Schumi. Yes, always fun to browse and see what's new in the car world. Prompt delivery service is always appreciated, and happy that you are so jazzed about the new furniture. I also like when a room comes together.

Still very cloudy, no sunrise to see. But, at almost 50, though falling throughout today, balmy out. I guess we needed that 2 or so inches of rain. Our rivers and creeks made some driving hard, but nary a puddle around. Rain still is not done with us, as a shower or two will top off the rain total we've had the last 2 days.

Morning Kfish. Seems little guy had his 2 o'clock early morning bottle. Hope the night shift is before midnight, and you get more sleep soon.

th
And I need tea. Just not feeling good for some reason. Throat is better. May be the change in temperature. At least that is what I am hoping. Older one lost his appetite some, so I am hoping I am not catching what he has. Little one also said she's feeling a little congested. We both gave older one the stink eye.

Welcome to Monday!

Morning homies

I see Charlie was up at 2 but was asleep then

Going out while rain is light this morning

Hope you’re not coming down with another cold Lynne......folks seem to be struggling to getting rid of their colds this year.......think I was lucky!

Mac, glad your rain is easing off..........

Ended up not going out.......my friend called and asked if I could look after her little granddaughter for an hour or so.......always a delight! This is the little girl who loves minions.........

She is a bundle of fun. She did want to go to the beach or go behind us into the hills and woods for a walk. But, it’s freezing.......

So, I got the baking stuff out and we made minion mufffins........goodness knows where I got the blue food colouring from and when?? But, they turned out...........interesting. Didn’t really look like minions....well, maybe scary minions.......:D She loved them anyway.........

So, now she’s gone, we are having a cuppa and a muffin with some blue, red and yellow icing........that looks like a bloodbath! Tasty though........

Big thaw starting thank goodness. Picture of icy shiny driveway-yep that is a nice coating of pure ice.
Let chickens out this am and the ran to catch up with me (they know I keep treats by back door) and they slid and slipped on icy patio. Was worried about broken chicken legs! (although it was kinda funny).

Minion muffins sound yummy. Nursing home I am in today is making pumpkin bars for dessert tomorrow- I *may* have had to taste test the warm bars...

Watched some of the WD marathon yesterday...

Back to work!

Attachments

• IMG_5655 (2).JPG
    IMG_5655 (2).JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 8
EeK MonyK. That is a sheet of ice. I'd be setting inside seeing that on my driveway or porch. HeHe, would not have wanted any girls hurt, but seeing those chickens slip and slid must have been funny. I would have laughed, though scared too. I like the taste of pumpkin like in pie, but like it even more if just the custard part. I really don't like other bakery stuff with pumpkin in it. That and not in my coffee either. All the cookies I made last night are gone. Was going to have them for breakfast. Nope. Hope you get home safely, and get a piece of warm pumpkin bars.

Report: the sun is out. I am so happy. Not helping my headache, but at least we have sun after not having it for the last 4 days. Don't even care that the temperature went down 20 degrees. Everything still looks soggy, so the sun should dry up most of what is left by the rain.

Hey Mac, hope your time out was productive and you're resting now.

Schumi, muffins sound lush. Fun colors, and hey, as long as they taste good, I'd eat them. Sounds like the afternoon was fun.

th

That is some sheet ice MonyK..........heck of a slide if you went on your butt on that!! I love the sound of pumpkin bars........

Lynne......hope the headache goes........I’m a bit of a wimp with headaches!!

Just spoken to my friend who lives in Paris......she’s coming over to the UK for a visit.......haven’t seen her for a few years........will see her and her husband just before we leave for Orlando in March!

29 days to our first visit of the year..........:D

Tonight I am sitting in on a Barnum rehearsal. They have moved rehearsals to the school where they will be doing the performances. It’s only a little over 20 miles from my house, but it seems so far. The school is in a very rural area. Usually I just drop B off at rehearsal and pick her up when it is over. Now I’m just going to stay for the whole thing. I don’t want to keep making that drive especially at night.

Squirlz - I’ve driven to Key West from Miami. I just don’t like driving on long bridges. I probably wouldn’t want to fly there either. I don’t really like to fly, and I imagine you would need a smaller plane. I seem to have a lot of fears.

Tink - I hope you get to Key West and get your cruise. I need to make a new bucket list. I really only had one thing on my list and I finally got to do it in 2016.

Lynne - I hope you are not getting sick again. Get well wishes to you.

MonyK - Yikes. That driveway looks scary. Dh has started covering ours with ice melt any time there is threat of ice or snow.

Schumi - Cool that you get to see an old friend. I have moved so many times I have lost touch with so many people.

Nearly an hour of rehearsal left. I need to get a book.

Squirlz - I’ve driven to Key West from Miami. I just don’t like driving on long bridges. I probably wouldn’t want to fly there either. I don’t really like to fly, and I imagine you would need a smaller plane. I seem to have a lot of fears.

It's a full size plane, 737 I believe. They approach as slow as they can, touch down then slam on the brakes. It's pretty cool! They give a warning before landing. Only one checked bag per person allowed.

Yeah it was pretty fun to see the planes come in and go out in KW. The 7 mile bridge was my favorite. On the way down, we were the only car for miles.

Charade, that is why I got a charging stick for my phone. Most times I wait, sometimes I do errands or get a coffee.

So much for shorts weather. Down to 19 tonight.

Kids are still doing homework. Little one is annoyed most is due Wednesday, but I reminded her, 4 day weekend coming soon. I am taking off to get that 4 day too. Thank you presidents.

Charade, that is why I got a charging stick for my phone. Most times I wait, sometimes I do errands or get a coffee.

I’m not sure what I am going to do. The only thing nearby is a Hardees and most of my errands take place on my side of town. We were in a prettty rural area. On the drive home I passed a tractor crossing sign.

We have buggy (Amish) signs where I live. Need to watch out on many highways in MO (rural).
I'd bring my iPad or book to swim practice, lucky this year as we did carpool and I only needed to drive once or twice a week. Pool was 20 minutes away and yeah, bot really long enough to come home before I'd have to go back.

Kids have had several 3 day or 4 day weekends already due to weather. No school today due to side roads being icy. All gone now and anything left in shadows will be gone tomorrow completely.

Made boy practice his trombone tonight as he didn't all weekend. He thinks that means he must perform for me...at least he's getting better and learning more notes lol! Brought cookies home that were leftover from meeting-6 or 7 large chocolate chip cookies. Boy hovered them when middle sis and I weren't looking - he thought they were all his! Plus a yogurt for snack. After large dinner (and other assorted snacks judging by wrappings around xbox). Guess all those new clothes that were a bit too long at Christmas are about to be too short...

Chicago-Lou Malnettis!!mmm. Hungry. Too bad no cookies left...

Yep, muffins were good.....and gone! Did give Elise a few to take home with her........I’m sure her mother who loves things just perfect all the time won’t have eaten one........lol.......

Squirlz, enjoy your valentines break.........

Mac..........:wave2:

Yep, I haven’t lost touch with many folks Charade, and all without Facebook or any social media........my Christmas card and birthday list is huge though! If I’ve lost touch with folks there’s usually a reason. We’ve moved around a lot too. Think this is my 15th or 16th home.........won’t be our last either.........

MonyK, hope your weather improves.....sounds dreadful!

Lynne........:wave2:

buckeev, saw you pop in there........hope things ok..........

It is sleety and cold here today........need to go out shortly, but one reason is lunch with my husband so won’t complain........there’s a place that focuses on their desserts not too far away, so might go there for a change.........fancy a caramel cheesecake dessert.......something with caramel anything will do today........

Starting to have a look at places we’ll go to in March........looking at some menu’s and other places to visit.......that’s the extent of our planning..........no interest in doing a pre trip report, some last longer than the trips! So, ours is easy.........flights, hotels, car hire, menus checked out........done.......::yes::

Having a quick cuppa before we head out.......I’m so ready for some nicer weather..........

Have a great Tuesday............:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter