Something About Nothing............ #14

It's the Friday Dance :cheer2: except it's my weekend on for my homecare job - insert dooming Do Do Do music lol

Went to the gym last night with bil's fiance. I was dreading going there and having to keep the pace I was doing back in spring. Surprisingly - with the little amount I got out this summer - I kept it up. So now going forward I can start doing incline walking again on the dreadmill.

It is a sunny day here. It was CHILLY this morning when I got into my car. Lots of dew on the windows. Looks like the smoke is moving in again though. Hopefully the temperature gets to a nice warm number.

@schumigirl Happy Birthday to Tom!!!!

@keishashadow congrats to your gd for the win!!! It's great when everyone is allowed to participate.

@macraven I hope you get to nap today.

@Charade67 way to go on starting another project! Your really knocking them out of the park.

Well, I should find a few papers to shuffle around again.
Have a great day eveyrone

The storm last night kept waking me via the flashes lighting up the sky. Literally, like day time. Oddly, not that much thunder. Pooch given his 2nd gummie & donned his thunderbest, he was so much calmer-hooray!

Gd scored her first goal of season. Apparently, no mercy rule in play. To the coaches credit, he pulled first string. After the half, all the girls got a chance. Nice to see that level of sportsmanship vs running up the score for bragging rights

First Friday night lights tonight good thing I enjoy sports

Well, he got an immediate, conditional, approval online

Had a range of dates pop up He could select. Went with right after the 2nd trip 2nd week in October. Figuring even if picked for a high profile one it’d be over in 5 weeks (I hope lol)

Yes, they said they’d be sending out a new summons with the date he selected in a few weeks

Law & order!

Yippie! Do u leave today or tomorrow?

He deserves a “royale” birthday, including fancee eggs. Need to Google, never heard of that

View attachment 787923

Thanks for the meme......the Royale is just smoked salmon with the poached eggs and Hollandaise....beautiful!! It feels a little decadent!

Congrats to your GD!! Star in the making, and yes it`s always good to see good sportsmanship being taught as well as how to win!

Glad the pooch was better last night, horrible to see them struggle....once it gets into October here fireworks start to build up to Guy Fawkes night on Nov 5th....poor pets have to suffer night after night in some areas.

Happy Friday. Today is another fun day of laundry and house cleaning. I’m currently washing old towels that will be donated to our local humane society. They put out an appeal for towels and blankets. I also purchased several blankets from Amazon that should be here later today.
Also working on another cross stitch project. This one is another give away. When I’m done with the current project I am going to make something for myself.

Same in our house except I do all the bath and kitchen towels. When B first went to college people kept telling me that she would bring her laundry home (she didn’t). I said that was fine since she knew how to use the washer. She’s been doing her own laundry since she was 10.

You would have loved the Yankee Candle store in Williamsburg, Virginia. Sadly it closed a few years ago.

Congrats to her and the team.

Time to get back to cleaning.

Happy birthday to Tom!

Thank you, will pass on the wishes.

It`s always good for kids to learn household chores, but, I never understood folks doing their own separate loads in one family, always seemed easier to do everyone`s together, but each to their own. At least she can work a washer, it would amaze us I think how many adult kids don`t do things like that.

There used to be more places that sold YC products, but they all seem to be selling cheaper products now, so most of what I buy is online now, it`s just easier and there`s more selection.

Good Friday morning everyone :wave:

View attachment 787933

View attachment 787931

First order of the day….….Happy Birthday to Carole‘s hubby Mr. Tom
View attachment 787926

View attachment 787927

View attachment 787928

View attachment 787929
May you have many more Happy Birthdays.

Sue good to hear you are enjoying your vacation. So nice to hear you are getting to enjoy RPR too during your stay.

I have never stayed at Aventura, but have enjoyed a stroll over to the Starbucks there when I‘am at Sapphire Falls. I have also enjoyed the fruit bowl in their food court a few times and it was very good.

Doing morning park is a good idea if you are a morning person. This will help with dealing with afternoon heat. The thing is that in September it typically either rains in the morning and then clears off in evening or visa versa. So being flexible is the game plan. No matter the weather, you will have a wonderful time.

Sorry to hear you Anniversary weekend celebrations have had to be cancelled.

Happy Anniversary
View attachment 787937

Pretty picture of the calm sea.

I’am looking forward to plopping down by the ocean when I get back home to Florida.

I’am sure your godson will be over the moon with your gift.

Not the kind of email one wants to receive. Hopefully it all works out.

Lynne you and your daughter will be on your way tomorrow. Have a safe trip.

I made a stop over to Bath and Body for a few more Halloween things and could not pass up this casket skeleton plug in air freshener.

View attachment 787942

They have really cute mini hand sanitizer Halloween holders. I will give a few out to the girls in the family.

View attachment 787952

The candle plays music.

I started yesterday getting out Halloween decorations yesterday and have put a few things in family room and formal living room. Was moving furniture and vacuuming and aggravated my upper back. So trying to take it a little more easy today. Don’t want any issues before my trip.

15 days until my sis and I leave for vacation.
View attachment 787924

Looking forward to the trip.

Went out for some groceries yesterday and it was smoking hot. Temperature was 95 and with the humidity the feels like temp it was 105. We are going to break that today.

Stay cool everyone in the hot climates.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

Thanks so much for the meme`s, he enjoyed looking at them all! And yes, that sea has been incredibly calm last few days, beautiful to look at, bet you can`t wait to get back down to Florida and enjoy it there.

Yes, my godson was over the moon with the bike, it is a good one according to him.....I wouldn`t know a good mountain bike if I fell off of one....which I would have!!! Those seats.......ouch!!

Hope you back doesn`t give you too much grief, yes, it`s sensible to be careful with anything you`re doing coming up to your trip, don`t go moving anything too heavy!

Have a great weekend.......

It's the Friday Dance :cheer2: except it's my weekend on for my homecare job - insert dooming Do Do Do music lol

Went to the gym last night with bil's fiance. I was dreading going there and having to keep the pace I was doing back in spring. Surprisingly - with the little amount I got out this summer - I kept it up. So now going forward I can start doing incline walking again on the dreadmill.

It is a sunny day here. It was CHILLY this morning when I got into my car. Lots of dew on the windows. Looks like the smoke is moving in again though. Hopefully the temperature gets to a nice warm number.

@schumigirl Happy Birthday to Tom!!!!

@keishashadow congrats to your gd for the win!!! It's great when everyone is allowed to participate.

@macraven I hope you get to nap today.

@Charade67 way to go on starting another project! Your really knocking them out of the park.

Well, I should find a few papers to shuffle around again.
Have a great day eveyrone

Thanks Pumpkin.....will pass it along too!

We said exactly the same thing this morning, first time we felt a chill in the air....nice in the sunshine though.

Well, I emailed in to a breakfast tv news show this morning, they were talking about marriage and were asking for everyone`s stories of how you met your spouse and I wrote in how we met and our story, also that it was my lovely husband`s birthday and they read it out!!! So one of his favourite female tv presenters wished him a happy birthday....I had it on record and showed him when he came down, so he was thrilled.....simple things!!!

It`s been a lovely day. Walk in the sunshine, friends for lunch, then a torrential downpour for about two hours, Kyle was here for takeout pizza and champagne for us. He loved all his presents and cards.

Sun is shining now, but there`s that autumnal chill at this time of evening!!

Time for some more sparkly I think........🥂

Luggage now and and getting filled up. Backpack almost ready with mostly filled up. Ear buds charging, as is phone. Got our poll numbers abd thankfully still in A group. T loess than 12 hours. Woot!

Sue hope your time at RPR is going great. May see ya sometime tomorrow, if not then Tuesday.

Rain had moved out and got really humid.

Let the weekend begin!

And a very good Saturday morning from a sunny but chilly early morning, beautiful looking out there but as is usual for us, rain forecast this afternoon.

Out for dinner tonight with some friends, I think this is the last "birthday" celebration now.......plain old rolls with bacon for breakfast this morning, lunch will be something lighter and this afternoon will be a lazy one doing some pampering and hair conditioning treatment. I have a young lady coming to the house to do some leg waxing, first time I`ve used her but the place I went to stopped doing treatments and plans to stick to hair only. I`ve heard from friends she`s nice and does a good job.

Hopefully the rain will be off and I can wear some strappy sandals tonight with a nice late summery dress.

Pot of tea time though, nothing quite like that first of the day.

Hope Ruth has had a lovely week with family visiting.......and hope my nephew and his wife have a wonderful 3 weeks as they fly out to Orlando today from Heathrow, two weeks at RP for them then a week at the Four Seasons, it sounds an amazing trip they have planned ☺️

1693030887408.jpeg

1693030937778.jpeg

1693031110033.jpeg

Have a splendid Saturday 🥰

Last edited:
Morning all, very late start for me. Been nibbling crackers & sipping on ginger ale.

Tried a new place to eat pre game last night as a 1/4 miles from the football field, home style sort. great & welcoming service. Went with a meatball sub when I found out they were made in house.

Sauce tasted just a bit sweet :rolleyes1 Should’ve walked away but, nooo gobbled half of it. By 11 pm knew it was going to be an off night lol. The mr had no issue At least. He said after eating the food when in the service, developed an “iron stomach” lol

planning on an easy day today. Glad I have some nice thick slice of ham. Some garden green beans and maybe mashed potatoes

repeat viewing of succession on the tube while I try to figure out how to make some bows for the wreath. They are not my strong suit by any means.

I’m currently washing old towels that will be donated to our local humane society. They put out an appeal for towels and blankets.
Never thot of that, nice. The mr usually is happy to take them off my hands as rags for his various enterprises around the house
I made a stop over to Bath and Body for a few more Halloween things and could not pass up this casket skeleton plug in air freshener.
We no longer have one nearby boohoo. That is so great. No yankee candle shops either, typically would grab something from their “boney bunch” line in the past. Not sure if they still even carry it. Need to check online
my godson was over the moon with the bike, it is a good one according to him.....I wouldn`t know a good mountain bike if I fell off of one....which I would have!!! Those seats.......ouch!!
other than some just look expensive, I’m in the same lot.

earlier this week had “an encounter” with a mountain bike. I parked in front of my DS house, across the street who lives in another town. Other DS was just getting back into my car, after dropping off a book for GD.

We were a good 100 feet from the cross street, in the right lane. Saw a kid, no helmet, maybe 10 or so, on a motocross sort of bike, come around the corner. Was downhill, going really fast and took the turn quite widely.

First thing my DS said was “that’s a good way to get hit with a car”. Then he got into the car & after a few moments, asked me “are we going or not?”.

told him if there’s one kid racing on a bike, there are surely at least one or two behind.

bingo, two of them.

Last one didn’t successfully negotiate the turn, wound up clipping the front of my car and bounced off. Never so glad to see a person standing up afterwards.

Initially, thot he was an adult, turns out 16 and tall. seemed like such a nice kid, so shook up. Was on a very fancy, mountain bike. Again, no helmet.

It looked none the less for wear. He was able to ride it home, refusing my offer. my car wound up with a small mark that we were able to rub out from where his tire bounced.

I’m just so thankful all were ok (and I was parkedo_O).

Turns out it was a ”new” bike for him that he hadn’t fully mastered. No idea some of them are so complicated. he panic’d and said he forgot where the brakes were located.

Naturally, I reported it to the police. Wanted to make sure he was okay, he was fine. they told me it has happened in that neighborhood several times, as a favorite route to pick up speed going downhill for kids when bike riding.

So one of his favourite female tv presenters wished him a happy birthday....I had it on record and showed him when he came down, so he was thrilled.....simple things!!!
That is special
Hope Ruth has had a lovely week with family visiting.
I imagine she’s had a lovely spread all week :)

Huge line to check into Royal. Arrived 1/2 hour early, 45 wait for bags. Then went to SOG got our tickets for next month. This month sold out when I wanted to go. Then a stop at DS, as sandwich place had breakfast ones, and they were good and definitely hit the spot. Walked around and of course bought a couple of things, then Target run, and now in that huge huge line. Guess with Passholder night tonight, all are taking a one night or two night stay. Thinking little should pay porter and keep our bags. Oh my. Hope this is by far the longest line I will see.

IMG_1730.jpeg

Hehe, little one twice the Villain I am! Had to see what shot circle is yours. And think the dots you stand on should be further apart. Guy near me knocking into me trying to shoot every last bit. Was fun and not too bad a wait with express.

Waiting with iced coffee and a cold drink of ice water hoping soon news of room number.

Morning all, very late start for me. Been nibbling crackers & sipping on ginger ale.

Tried a new place to eat pre game last night as a 1/4 miles from the football field, home style sort. great & welcoming service. Went with a meatball sub when I found out they were made in house.

Sauce tasted just a bit sweet :rolleyes1 Should’ve walked away but, nooo gobbled half of it. By 11 pm knew it was going to be an off night lol. The mr had no issue At least. He said after eating the food when in the service, developed an “iron stomach” lol

planning on an easy day today. Glad I have some nice thick slice of ham. Some garden green beans and maybe mashed potatoes

repeat viewing of succession on the tube while I try to figure out how to make some bows for the wreath. They are not my strong suit by any means.

Never thot of that, nice. The mr usually is happy to take them off my hands as rags for his various enterprises around the house

We no longer have one nearby boohoo. That is so great. No yankee candle shops either, typically would grab something from their “boney bunch” line in the past. Not sure if they still even carry it. Need to check online

other than some just look expensive, I’m in the same lot.

earlier this week had “an encounter” with a mountain bike. I parked in front of my DS house, across the street who lives in another town. Other DS was just getting back into my car, after dropping off a book for GD.

We were a good 100 feet from the cross street, in the right lane. Saw a kid, no helmet, maybe 10 or so, on a motocross sort of bike, come around the corner. Was downhill, going really fast and took the turn quite widely.

First thing my DS said was “that’s a good way to get hit with a car”. Then he got into the car & after a few moments, asked me “are we going or not?”.

told him if there’s one kid racing on a bike, there are surely at least one or two behind.

bingo, two of them.

Last one didn’t successfully negotiate the turn, wound up clipping the front of my car and bounced off. Never so glad to see a person standing up afterwards.

Initially, thot he was an adult, turns out 16 and tall. seemed like such a nice kid, so shook up. Was on a very fancy, mountain bike. Again, no helmet.

It looked none the less for wear. He was able to ride it home, refusing my offer. my car wound up with a small mark that we were able to rub out from where his tire bounced.

I’m just so thankful all were ok (and I was parkedo_O).

Turns out it was a ”new” bike for him that he hadn’t fully mastered. No idea some of them are so complicated. he panic’d and said he forgot where the brakes were located.

Naturally, I reported it to the police. Wanted to make sure he was okay, he was fine. they told me it has happened in that neighborhood several times, as a favorite route to pick up speed going downhill for kids when bike riding.

That is special

I imagine she’s had a lovely spread all week :)

Hope you’re all done with the tummy issues, never fun! Ginger ale and crackers always help. I’d love to have an “iron stomach”!!!

Scary with the bike incident! There are certain area that seem to attract joy riders, glad to hear of no serious injuries and no damage to your car!

Enjoyed a lovely evening with friends tonight, 11 of us in one of our favourite pub/restaurants. It was an early dinner but everyone came back here for a couple of drinks afterwards, usually we are throwing folks out or they stay over around 2am…..but, off like lambs tonight! Dinner was good and just nice to spend time with such lovely folks.

As we waved folks off in cabs, it is definitely chilly now, there’s a dampness around and our car is not in the garage and we can see condensation, definitely getting cooler late evening and early morning.

Quick last glass of wine before we head to bed. Might have a cuppa too.

Heard from my nephew and wife to say they were really being looked after at RP……they didn’t have to stand in a long line for check in, and were in their room in no time, nice suite with a pool view for them.

Bedtime soon for us…..but it’s been a lovely perfect Saturday :)

Looking at posting date stamp looks like Lynne arrived bright & early Have fun.

Here’s hoping the storms stay far, far away for all
Thread travelers this season:wizard:

We rarely get assigned a room by 4 pm at any of the on-site properties. :confused3 Didn’t matter if a suite or a standard room. Never make a single request either lol. Same thing at WDW

Luck of the draw I suppose. Maybe bad karma :crazy: Meh, doesn’t really matter as Not the sort to sit in the lobby killing time, parks, a meal etc. always something to do on a trip.

Carole the Four Seasons! Wow that’s luxe

Looking at posting date stamp looks like Lynne arrived bright & early Have fun.

Here’s hoping the storms stay far, far away for all
Thread travelers this season:wizard:

We rarely get assigned a room by 4 pm at any of the on-site properties. :confused3 Didn’t matter if a suite or a standard room. Never make a single request either lol. Same thing at WDW

Luck of the draw I suppose. Maybe bad karma :crazy: Meh, doesn’t really matter as Not the sort to sit in the lobby killing time, parks, a meal etc. always something to do on a trip.

Carole the Four Seasons! Wow that’s luxe

We never arrive much before 5ish, so check in is never an issue and when we swap over from RP to Sapphire or vice versa we have always been fortunate and rooms are ready around midday for us. Yes, wouldn’t hang around the lobby either, we’d drop our luggage at bell services and hop off!

Well, the Four Seasons is a special stay with them. They had a four night stay in NY with them last November and they had a few issues so they were afforded 4 nights complimentary stay in any four seasons, so they added it to their Florida trip only paying for 3 nights and they stay for a week, not too shabby. Four seasons have been very nice to them indeed, can’t wait to see their pictures!

I’m still up!

Stood in standby for an hour and a half, but got into AP night with no fuss around 6:30 pm. Stayed until around 9:30, even though open to 11, as we were beat.

Got our room around 4 pm. Luggage delivered quick and very nice guy. And what do we do? Turn on tv, but it doesn’t work. Ugh. When we got back, called and said maintenance would be up, 15 minutes ago. Um I’m hoping soon. I think both of us are going to shower and get ready for bed after they fix the tv.

Some pictures of our room view, little one:
IMG_1752.jpeg

IMG_1753.jpeg

and from AP night:

IMG_1749.jpeg

IMG_1748.jpeg

IMG_1743.jpeg
IMG_1736.jpeg

IMG_1739.jpeg

It’s been an interesting day. It started out well. I slept late then we all went for brunch. Next dh and I took a trip to the shoe store. I wanted to get a really good pair of walking shoes. That was the most I have ever spent on one pair of shoes.
This evening we decided we wanted pizza for dinner. Dh went out to pick up the pizza and discovered our hvac was leaking. It had even leaked into out garage. Thankfully I found a place that was open 24/7 and they sent someone out. We had a clogged drain. Why do these things always happen on weekends?

Doing morning park is a good idea if you are a morning person.
I’m not a morning person but can be for theme parks. Last time I was there I did early entry and had finished everything I wanted to do by noon.

That’s cute. And reminds me that I need to buy some more hand sanitizer.

It is a sunny day here. It was CHILLY this morning when I got into my car.
I could go for some chilly now. I think it’s supposed to be a little cooler this week though.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better now.

earlier this week had “an encounter” with a mountain bike.
Thank goodness the kid wasn’t hurt and your cae wasn’t damaged.

$ store wreath challenge, check!
Cute!

Got our room around 4 pm. Luggage delivered quick and very nice guy. And what do we do? Turn on tv, but it doesn’t work. Ugh. When we got back, called and said maintenance would be up, 15 minutes ago. Um I’m hoping soon. I think both of us are going to shower and get ready for bed after they fix the tv.
Hope they got the TV fixed for you. Hope you have a nice trip and I will see you in a few weeks.

It’s almost midnight so I should get some sleep.

Good walking shoes are priceless Charade, well worth spending the money on them.

A glorious morning here, but cool though but the sun is absolutely sparkling on the sea which is very still again, hardly even a breath out there.

Slept later today, and enjoyed it, late breakfast of bacon and poached egg on a slice of toast and on our third pot of tea now. Dutch Grand Prix on tv this afternoon, so, no plans to do much at all.

Farm is sending someone over to strip the plum and apple trees, pears although large now, aren`t quite ready for plucking. We grabbed a few plums of our own first, they`re very sweet and definitely ripe......although birds have pecked a few, we don`t touch them, shame they haven`t worked out to eat the ones on the ground!

Doubt we`ll need lunch today, but doing chicken thighs in honey mustard with spicy balsamic dressing tonight and baby roast potatoes and carrots.

Perfectly lazy day ahead.......

i-2jLCDpB-S.gif

cv80-S.jpg

cv42-S.png

Have a wonderful Sunday ☺️

Morning all, another very late start to the day for me. Stomach coming ‘round, whatever seems to be working it’s way thru me - yea!

Need to get a brisket going, family coming for sunday dinner. I’m using crockpot method to not heat up the house.

Then Will Pull some clothing for upcoming trip. only taking one #40 bag each. That’s a challenge for me. looks like I’ll be channeling Carole & doing laundry half way thru the trip lol. Lastly. Need to bite the bullet & pay off the cruise for Nov trip.

Will say it was bit daunting to see the warnings that two of my kids’ employers are circulating re the new covid variant BA 2.86 (Pirola). Here we go again. :headache:

at least the vaxx Boosters coming out mid September are said to be able to handle it, as it’s still considered an Omicron variant. :wizard:

using the waste water method, thus far has been detected in Michigan, Ohio & Virginia. Elsewhere, confirmed in Switzerland, Thailand, Spain & Germany

They had a four night stay in NY with them last November and they had a few issues so they were afforded 4 nights complimentary stay in any four seasons, so they added it to their Florida trip only paying for 3 nights and they stay for a week, not too shabby. Four seasons have been very nice to them indeed, can’t wait to see their pictures!
& therein is the difference between a good and a great hotelier…

not that things will happen, how they make it right by their guests.

but got into AP night with no fuss around 6:30 pm. Stayed until around 9:30, even though open to 11, as we were beat.
Other than the coke logo on old Poseidon (hmmmph), anything special happen on AP night? Inquiring minds need to know lol

i did a double take on the one pic, thot u dyed your hair dark, then realized it was your DD. :magnify:
Thankfully I found a place that was open 24/7 and they sent someone out. We had a clogged drain. Why do these things always happen on weekends?
Without fail! Looking for a bit of a silver lining…going with a clogged drain better on th pocketbook than a failed system:scratchin. Just imagine if you were out of town, yikes
Good walking shoes are priceless Charade, well worth spending the money on them.
And then some!

i was steered to buying the same size I wear in other brands with my new Saucony I bought in June. Toe felt too close to front for my liking. store prides themselves on doing fittings.

wore on July trip to parks. No blisters or anything, just that my toes would hurt after a few miles. Tried relacing techniques etc

on a whim, saw on sale last week & ordered online. I went up a half size. That’s full one over my standard shoe size. Perfect. Wish I had listened to my gut in the first place.
We grabbed a few plums of our own first, they`re very sweet and definitely ripe......although birds have pecked a few, we don`t touch them, shame they haven`t worked out to eat the ones on the ground!
My mr would love a plum tree! we ripped out a ramshackle Concord grape arbor that came with the house. Tried to bring it back but, don’t think they used pressure treated wood. Couldn’t repair it properly. Vines looked rather played out anyway. Still, it’s in the back of our minds to maybe give it another whirl
Doubt we`ll need lunch today, but doing chicken thighs in honey mustard with spicy balsamic dressing tonight and baby roast potatoes and carrots.
Sounds good, well, other than the dark meat. Never developed a taste for it, use white in my stir fries…the horror lol.

Whole family the same To point I prefer buying turkey breasts vs the whole bird, otherwise it goes into soup. Dark meat does surely seem very forgiving as to keeping moist

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter