Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 538244View attachment 538245
This week has been so full of things that go bump in the night for my family, Friday the 13th is a mere footnote :scared:

My stomach lurched reading this. Never heard of a derm not wildly numbing one up You are brave

Aw, that is so nice. Quite the honor.

Oh, yeah! Bought one a few weeks ago, afraid they’d go poof by xmas.

hearing any mention of speed would’ve been a huge deal breaker here, but have fun with that, boys & their toys.

It is nice color, surprised they’d have turbo in such a compact car. Careful it doesn’t take flight lol

My kids were all told if they wanted to drive, they had to get a J-O-B & pay the difference in the insurance premium. Informed them all that if they got a ticket or did any damage to the vehicle, they would lose their driving privledges until they forked over any surcharges. Let’s just say they were pretty responsible in that area.

All good, have some new little scars, blends in with the freckles so I’m good.

I still remember your last go ‘around, that was scary.

The turkeys were put out in the cases here. Went forth today & tried to grab the basics for our abbreviated dinner this year.

I rooted thru the open freezer bin & also snagged a 24 pounder today. Kept hoping I wouldn’t drop it on my foot lol

Will pick up at least a couple more large breasts, cook one & hold the other two for xmas

Funny, didn’t see a single whole turkey under 18 pounds. Usually, it’s the opposite.

I’d think a 7 or 8 pound breast would be just right for the two of you, should give it a whirl

In normal times I usually make one every month, entire family loves turkey

Yea!

Goodness, you are getting some suitably scary Friday the 13th weather there.

lol....love the memes!! Gotta love some Jason........

Oh that would be a broken foot dropping that bundle on your tootsies!! I`m tempted ot pick up a frozen one this year and join in Thanksgiving again.....for Christmas the fresh turkey`s are in farm stores/grocery stores around Dec 19th to buy. Ours are ordered from the butcher but again, I`m always tempted to cook and freeze some.

Boxing Day, since we are not hosting the usual get together, we`ll also have a large ham and we all just help nibble on cold cuts when we feel like it......I love cooking at the best of times, but cooking those turkey`s and christmas ham is always lovely.

Ugh, I hate when the happens. I know you can't stop progress, but ....

So now I have to ask, do you roast or fry or smoke your turkey?

I hate when that happens. That is usually me on the weekends. When I have to go to work, I wake up at the last second. Watch tomorrow morning I will be up before the sun.

Did everyone put a penny in their shoe? My boss makes us put a penny in our shoe every Friday the 13th. I am not superstitious (except for football) but I do it cuz she's the boss. Know what? Did not stay late today, so maybe there is something to it.

This thing has lasted so long people are done. No one seems to care anymore. Our county is lit right now. ICU beds are at a premium at our local hospital. Governor, who yesterday said he would not lockdown our state if the President declares one, today was upset with our sheriff who said he would not enforce our governors mask mandate.

Happy Birthday to B!

I binged watched it a few months ago. Was surprised how much I liked it. Got hooked and was sad when I was done with the series. You should try it.

OOOH thank you for posting that picture. Beautiful. So ready for the holidays.

Cannot be happier that it is finally Friday. Last week was our slowest week in months, this week was the opposite. 25% increase this week. I have given up trying to be all caught up before vacation. It just is what it is.

Getting some laundry and house cleaning done tonight. Busy weekend. Mom's microwave died so we are going shopping at 6 am (to get a new one. Then I am coming back home to make my oldest a birthday breakfast. Possibly going hiking in Northern Arkansas to see the Fall colors after that. Sunday morning is hubby's birthday so a special breakfast for him and then off to the hobby shop so he can pick out his new toy. Hope he is decisive as football doesnt wait.

Think I am exhausted just writing that.

Yes, new homes are necessary, but no one wants them near them lol.....we are fortunate where we are there hasn`t been any interest as it is all farming land and for developers maybe just a little far out. But, off the village some land has been bought for developing, not huge but it`s been in the planning for about a year and nothing so far.

We always roast turkeys. That`s the only way most folks do it over here......some don`t like turkey as it can be dry apparently.....well, fingers crossed I`ve never cooked a dry turkey yet.....even if I do say so myself!! Butter and bacon......lol.....lots of both!

Never heard of that tradition of the penny?? I know on my wedding day, one of my mum`s aunts gave me £10 note and said I needed to put it in my shoe for luck.....I did put it under the insole thingy so I didn`t feel it. I`m not overly superstitious, but there are little things I will do now and again.

Hope Mr Snowpack has a lovely birthday tomorrow.....and yes, if you don`t get caught up with work.....doesn`t matter......your trip is coming up so fast now!! And did you say it was your son`s birthday today........:bday:🎂

Pizza night! And rainy. What? Done with rain, thank you.

But a quiet enough night, as all screen viewing, with older one chatting with his online friends.

Cool enough feeling inside, may make some tea.

Enjoy seeing the tree and Louie picture, Julie.

Keisha, glad to hear legs healing. Yeah. I will never forget a family birthday. Was born on a Friday the 13th. Good score on turkey. I will brave the store to find one this weekend. The food ads for the week all have sales on turkey and ham. Though I have to say, neither kid wants turkey any other time. Hence, while I may buy turkey from the deli, it is more than not part of our deli order.

Hey, Buckeev and Pumpkin. Hope all is well with you both.

A very happy birthday to B. Yeah, next year will have to say, my kids are both in their 20’s. Eek!

Snow, you do sound busy. Never heard of penny in shoe for good luck. Penny in a new purse, to start money in it.

While Christmas decor is in most of the stores now, don’t think I see the neighborhood houses lit up yet. Though I enjoyed seeing the crazy lights they put on the insides of the train bridge that cars go under. I don’t usually go that way in the dark, but did tonight. Fun.

And so, my house is not in the Christmas mood yet. I tend to not get any out until the weekend after Thanksgiving. And traditional to not decorate the tree until Christmas Eve. Will seem a bit odd, as we have spent many a Christmas vacationing. Was to be on vacation shortly after Christmas, but we have sadly decided no cruise vacation any time soon. And because of that, no other winter vacation was planned. But will be nice to be home, as a wonderful time of year, regardless of where we are.

So, dark out tonight. Left over pizza put away. Tea made.

May all the homies have a good night.

Lat weekend in November is when we`ll start most of it this year......but I do like my trees lit for the whole of December......nothing quite like it for us. Each to their own traditions though.....yes, we love being home for Christmas, although we`ll be missing our usual Dec 26th get together with all our friends, and no family visits this year. This too shall pass.......and I`m sure you`ll get your cruises soon.

A quick good evening. I should be going to sleep, but I also want to finish the book I have been reading.

I want one of the flip trees. I just can't justify spending that much money though. Maybe someday when we aren't paying for college.

I would love to see the whole tree.

I am not familiar with that tradition.

Is the birthday tomorrow?

Happy early birthday to him.

When I lived in North Carolina Bojangles seemed to be everywhere.

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes for B. I still can't believe she will be 20 tomorrow.

:bday: 🎂 to your daughter Charade.......20....yep, we do all wonder where that time goes......hope you have a lovely day with her and tea is good.

Yes, those trees are expensive for sure, but I think they`ll last a long time and they are very beautiful.

We have rain forecast all day today......but plan a quick walk into the village if it doesn`t come on too early.......and not a whole lot else today.

Some housework, and maybe a little baking this afternoon.

Dinner is stir fries all round tonight.......so I`m like a short order chef tonight......only one wok on the go at a time and we all want different sauces.......easy peasy!

But, bacon for breakfast first with potato scones and maybe an egg as a treat....not cadbury! It`s getting weird being so close to the festive season and no planned get togethers this year......but, we`re all being sensible.......which is sucky.

Time for breakfast I think........

cv56-M.jpg

cv54-M.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend........

Carole reading your post do you think they will say no family gatherings? We are really hoping we can - particularly this year - with a smaller family. Started a long description of our plans but will hang fire until we get an announcement!

I turned over in bed at 7 and that was it - Louie jumped on me and we were up. I know I am way too early with the decorations - normally first weekend in December - just felt necessary and the children will love it when they come home. Still 3 trees to do but we will be ready for their return except for their little bedroom trees.

Few errands to run this morning but I am hoping Kev will have a good lie in first - I kept him awake quite a while with my nightmares last night!

Happy weekend all - time for coffee number two!

Carole reading your post do you think they will say no family gatherings? We are really hoping we can - particularly this year - with a smaller family. Started a long description of our plans but will hang fire until we get an announcement!

I turned over in bed at 7 and that was it - Louie jumped on me and we were up. I know I am way too early with the decorations - normally first weekend in December - just felt necessary and the children will love it when they come home. Still 3 trees to do but we will be ready for their return except for their little bedroom trees.

Few errands to run this morning but I am hoping Kev will have a good lie in first - I kept him awake quite a while with my nightmares last night!

Happy weekend all - time for coffee number two!

No Julie, I meant for us, as my family is over 6 hours away from us in Scotland.

And most years we host a Boxing Day get together for up to 40 friends if we don’t go up to Scotland. But that won’t happen even if restrictions are lifted as it’s just too many people.

So, just four of us this year for Christmas, but it’ll still be lovely......and less work for Boxing Day.......although I do always enjoy and love the prep for parties and get togethers. It worked well as everyone brought something along.

Nothing wrong with having decorations up this early in 2020......every little helps.......

:bday: And a :cake: just for B on her 20th birthday

charade,I can remember when she was doing high school
She is growing up too fast...

Hmm, maybe he was onto something afterall...4CFAD2A6-9381-4AA7-A589-9C82BD5C12E8.jpegLooks like my internal clock is determined to wake me at 6 am every day. Stupid time change:upsidedow, stupider creature of habit i am

Planted the seed to put up the xmas tree especially early this year. After initial resistance, my better half yesterday announced it was futile. It may make an appearance today but first I want to give the LR a good once over.

Happy BD to charade’s DD
35257D79-A4C0-4378-8548-573443E1D82F.jpeg

But will be nice to be home, as a wonderful time of year, regardless of where we are.
Absolutely! here or there, the holidays are celebrated in your heart.
I`m tempted ot pick up a frozen one this year and join in Thanksgiving again..
Since the US faction of the SANs claimed you for our own years ago, I expect no less. More celebratory event, the better in these times.
I love cooking at the best of times, but cooking those turkey`s and christmas ham is always lovely.
Know there is pumpkin, apple & cranberry versions of candles but why yankee candle hasn’t come out with that scent is beyond me.

I’ve got pumpkin blend in the scentsy that my dear friend kindly gifted me now. Think of her generosity every time I fire it up. Soon, will switch over to pine since we do artifical tree.

Butter and bacon......lol.....lots of both!
Love is a very good thing but what the world needs now is
Here, i’ve Seen the pundits say gatherings are a bad idea in general.

Conversely, if plowing ahead with them they suggest the following. Um, will file it under where there’s a will, there is a convoluted way:idea:

* windows be left open to allow fresh air to circulate freely during the entire day.

We are hardy bunch in general but it could easily be below freezing here on Thanksgiving.

seating arrangements preferably outdoors,

above brrrrr, or

*masked except for eating & even then 6 foot distancing...

too many hoops for me to navigate. I called it on extended family, only my kids in our bubble invited this holiday season.

This, too, shall pass.:wizard:

Nothing wrong with having decorations up this early in 2020......every little helps.......
Exactly
Seems our City is going to announce further restrictions on Monday.
Hadn’t heard that, any idea what they have in store for your part of the state? We’ve been relatively lucky here but the numbers climbing.

D28D166F-11D1-4C44-9D16-F52EA646CD5E.gif Haha. Now I can post a picture. Looks like little one when I woke her. That was 1/2 hour ago, and no movement as to being ready to go. Need to meet up and hopefully finish mom’s stuff. Then need to do some shopping. Somehow, we have gone through 4 pounds of butter since bought in big box store weeks a box. That and a few other things. Did pick up bacon last night, so breakfast was had.

And kat/kid says ...go away mom...

let me sleep

That’s a lot of butter to go through on popcorn..
(Popcorn is about the only thing I put butter on)

Good morning everyone. The day is not off to a great start for me. I didn't get to sleep until around 3:00 and woke up at 6:00. I managed to get in a short nap, but now I should get up and at least attempt to be productive.

:bday: 🎂 to your daughter Charade.......20....yep, we do all wonder where that time goes......hope you have a lovely day with her and tea is good.
:bday: And a :cake: just for B on her 20th birthday
Thanks Schumi and Mac.

I`m tempted ot pick up a frozen one this year and join in Thanksgiving again...
Do it. You're an honorary American.

I know I am way too early with the decorations - normally first weekend in December - just felt necessary and the children will love it when they come home. Still 3 trees to do but we will be ready for their return except for their little bedroom trees.
It's 2020, there are no rules or guidelines for this year. I would like to start decorating, but I worry about what damage the cat will do when we are away for a week.

Happy BD to charade’s DD
35257D79-A4C0-4378-8548-573443E1D82F.jpeg
Thank you. She's going to love that.

Know there is pumpkin, apple & cranberry versions of candles but why yankee candle hasn’t come out with that scent is beyond me.
I don't know if they still sell it, but they had this one a few years ago.

[QUOTE="Lynne G, post: 62464721, member: Good Afternoon to Schumi and Julie.

Seems our City is going to announce further restrictions on Monday. But, as long as all are safe, and basic necessities are met, all will get through these more restrictive times.

[/QUOTE]

My area is the opposite.

no mask required where I am except at local doctor office.

signs are up at Walmart, Publix, Food City, etc but it is optional
Same with all stores here.

Assume business are failing and revenue is needed.

Even our public library is no longer enforcing mask wearing.

Yeah, I think too many parties without masks. A wedding with 80 people was done. Not allowed to gather in that number. More than 1/2 now test positive, and very sadly, some wedding goers passed away. It is that not following rules, that are now thinking need further restrictions. More sad, those businesses that finally got more black in their books, that with the new restrictions, may not be able to operate.

Three stores , none with paper towels. Will ask kids to go out for that mid week. Did get the butter and what else I wanted, between 2 stores.

Lovely meal brought from Marks & Spencer’s when I collected a gift order today - from small food only store a few miles away. Surprisingly quiet there though a queue to collect orders. So a nice lazy meal tonight with Em and now Strictly Come Dancing and feet up.

Took the donations for the refuge down to Prestbury Carole and briefly saw Debs and Charlie who were returning from a dog walk as we returned to the car.

Just placed an order for treat bakes for Christmas delivery. Lovely young man who lost his job on first lockdown starting selling his bakes online and has taken off to such a huge extent he’s now renting new kitchen accommodation. Was thinking earlier I will order some more pre Christmas when email dropped with priority booking - funny how things happen like that.

Not planning on going out tomorrow as would like to finish decorations and Kev is fitting under cabinets lighting in Em’s kitchen. We said we wouldn’t do anymore work on the house but the dark nights make me miss lighting where I’m cooking so he’s picked up all the necessary today - bless him he can turn his hand to anything.

Hope all have a good evening x

Got call from Amex today wanting to verify a $7800 charge at a bike shop.....

Uhhhh no.....

Now I get to have a new card sent out, they asked when the last time I used it and I verified and they said we will need to send you a new one.

Scary, DisneyLife. Had that happen with a card, thankfully only once. They also called, verified, removed the false charges, and promptly sent me a new card. I kinda knew where my info was stolen from. I hope the card issuer went after them. Hope you get your new card fast too.

Oh my. Made cooked carrots, some mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, with brown gravy, and grilled chicken. And muffins. Very full.

Dark night. One where all are chilling. Nice. Almost time for tea, and to see what is interesting on the screen. No need to be out tonight. And nice soft, fluffy throw at the ready.

Have a most peaceful and perfect Saturday night.

Xmas tree is up, early but a much needed festive atmosphere:). not going to put all decorations up this year, do need to ferret out the container of carefully packed glass bulbs to finish off the tree ornaments.

Charade - that candle is a hoot! when do you leave for trip? I’m starting to get a nagging feeling ours may not pan out the way things are going.

Popcorn is about the only thing I put butter on)
Everything is better with blue bonnet on it lol. Actually, butter is my go to for all but toast. Know some who still swear on butter for burns, pretty sure that’s been debunked.

Three stores , none with paper towels
They had off brands I never heard of yesterday in the 3 different stores I hit up. Even amazon has been OOS at a decent price for weeks.

Going to be a Walmart don’t fail me now moment next week lol

Yeah, but I guess all have the potty need covered though Keisha. Lots of toilet tissue can be found. Guess all of us are messy. LoL. Yay for tree up. Nope, no need for us to get that done yet. But some smiles to see our local town we live in, all decorated with holiday lights, when we did a let’s get some produce at the darker dinner time.

Ah, tea was tasty as ever. Fluffy throw so snuggly. Screen must have been so interesting, was watching with my eyes closed. Briefly heard older one ask if I was okay. Yep, and then eyes went closed again. Woke up to ooh, need to change the channel. Awake now. Put the tea pot on again. And had to holler to older one, to keep it down. He’s quite loud, and I could care less about his FPS game chat. Little one is using headphones. Smart girl. 😃

I hear a whistle, tea for me. Later homies.

It has been a good night so far. ::yes::

Late night check in. I had a nice tea with B and her roomie. B opted to go back to her dorm once tea was over because she had to finish an assignment that is due tomorrow. Dh and I will take her out for lunch tomorrow after church. He spent the afternoon at the football game. Our team won again though.

Three stores , none with paper towels.
Thankfully I still have a couple of large packages of paper towels from a few months ago. I might pick up another package of toilet paper though.

Got call from Amex today wanting to verify a $7800 charge at a bike shop.....
Yikes. Good to know they are on top of stuff like that. I had my debit card compromised once. The charges weren't that high though. The bank denied a $900 purchase for airline tickets, but allowed some smaller charges to go through. Some one used my info to open an AOL account and subscribe to a couple of adult websites.

Charade - that candle is a hoot! when do you leave for trip? I’m starting to get a nagging feeling ours may not pan out the way things are going.
The candle was amusing, but didn't smell very good. We leave for our trip the day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait.

Yay for the trip countdown, Charade. We can’t travel during that time. Finals for little one start the Monday after Thanksgiving. Nice B had fun at the tea service. Yeah, with all home here, more supplies being used up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter