Something About Nothing............ #14

That is a weird dream Charade……..Hope you slept well though…….

Busy Monday for us.

Out walking early and made 7 miles this morning, beautifully warm with some cloud and a nice breeze, so it was extra nice to walk the distance as we didn’t get too hot.

Met some friends and had a fairly early lunch with them, too late to be brunch…….met at one of the places along the seafront and again, might be boring to get the same thing, but freshly caught crab sandwiches with some potato chips on the side… lovely. The other 3 all had smoked salmon with scrambled eggs……looked nice.

This afternoon, keeping busy with a few little things to do, no rush for anything……..and home made beef burgers tonight cooked outside I think as it’s still so nice.

And probably some bad news from Boris tonight, nothing unexpected but for folks that are struggling we feel so bad. Vacations can be put off and will happen again, but so many businesses are in trouble, you can’t help but feel so bad for them.

Time for a pot of tea………

Tea? Ooh I’ll join ya, Schumi. Nice to have a busy day. And a long walk. Glad to hear your weather is nice. Burgers on the grill sounds like a perfect dinner.

Trash trucks heard, think one more to come. Quiet enough. And Flag Day for us. Hope to see the flags waving along our little town’s main road. Still overcast. And ooh that was a loud truck. Eh, by lunchtime walk time, will pull the cans back from the street. Ready to be filled again.

Ooh phone keeps flashing extreme weather to expire in 6 hours. Should be rocking and rolling stormy this evening. Noon weather guy said most would be asleep if and when rain comes. But sleep not where near a large tree, as around 60 mph winds predicted. Glad to see our neighbor took down the huge tree that brushed across our roof and would make noise when the wind blew. The logs we saw come out of their backyard were massive. And a hehe, as looks like their front yard large tree got a bad haircut.

Lunch time walk was almost sticky feeling. While would not say hot, was warm enough a cool drink was needed as I returned. Tea now, as our AC is working nicely.

Hello!
Been a bit MIA, and just stopping in to say hi!

Went strawberry picking with the in-laws on Thursday. The berries were incredible! DD and I picked over 15 pounds, and my in-laws got about 13 pounds. I made 2 dozen strawberry cupcakes, and am planning on making a strawberry bread today.

And on Friday, our internet was out for almost the entire day. A work crew in the area accidentally cut a fiber optic cable. It was a widespread outage. Several of my neighbors work from home, and they weren't able to do their jobs. I guess it meant a long weekend for some...

We spent both Saturday and Sunday at our lake house. We do not have internet service set up there. I can make a hotspot with my phone, but decided to 'unplug' a bit for the weekend. Felt really nice to do that!

And so it is Monday once again...

Lynne, thank you for all the great photos of NYC and the new Harry Potter store!! Looks as if you and your DD had a wonderful trip!!

Schumi, good to hear that Kyle did well with his first shot!

Charade, thanks for keeping the night light on!

Mac, keep cool....those GA temps are getting quite high!

Keisha, always enjoying the time with her dear granddaughter!

Hi friends,

I'm still here and doing well. Sorry for the lack of posting, but there are reasons. We are doing well, and healthy, thank God! And have just come back from a Disney/Uni trip.

I'm happy to say I LOVED Uni, and rode Hagrid's.... front seat, up on the bike. Holy-moly is that intense! We had a wonderful trip.

Hope everyone is well.

((hugs))

Yay! Paris and McK posts!

Sounded very busy Paris. And yep, we did have a good time in NYC. Yum, strawberries. Seem to be more in season when the prices are more reasonable now.

Woot, McK, park time. Glad you enjoyed the Potter coaster ride. Happy you had a fun filled vacation.

Ack, kids already asking a what for dinner. Hmmm. Pasta, oh don’t think we have any pasta left. Burgers, like Schumi, have to buy that too. Did not much grocery shopping this weekend. Oops. Do have eggs, though will get the stink eye from little one. Does not like breakfast eggs for dinner, or at breakfast, or any time. Will think of something, or else will be going to the grocery store soon.

Tea? Ooh I’ll join ya, Schumi. Nice to have a busy day. And a long walk. Glad to hear your weather is nice. Burgers on the grill sounds like a perfect dinner.

Trash trucks heard, think one more to come. Quiet enough. And Flag Day for us. Hope to see the flags waving along our little town’s main road. Still overcast. And ooh that was a loud truck. Eh, by lunchtime walk time, will pull the cans back from the street. Ready to be filled again.

Tea is always good.

Didn`t have burgers in the end up, made some beautiful seabass.....

Hello!
Been a bit MIA, and just stopping in to say hi!

Went strawberry picking with the in-laws on Thursday. The berries were incredible! DD and I picked over 15 pounds, and my in-laws got about 13 pounds. I made 2 dozen strawberry cupcakes, and am planning on making a strawberry bread today.

And on Friday, our internet was out for almost the entire day. A work crew in the area accidentally cut a fiber optic cable. It was a widespread outage. Several of my neighbors work from home, and they weren't able to do their jobs. I guess it meant a long weekend for some...

We spent both Saturday and Sunday at our lake house. We do not have internet service set up there. I can make a hotspot with my phone, but decided to 'unplug' a bit for the weekend. Felt really nice to do that!

And so it is Monday once again...

Lynne, thank you for all the great photos of NYC and the new Harry Potter store!! Looks as if you and your DD had a wonderful trip!!

Schumi, good to hear that Kyle did well with his first shot!

Charade, thanks for keeping the night light on!

Mac, keep cool....those GA temps are getting quite high!

Keisha, always enjoying the time with her dear granddaughter!

View attachment 582152

Glad you had such a lovely weekend at the lake and strawberry picking was fun. I have never made a strawberry bread before....sounds intruiging......and yes, lack of internet is good at times....only for a short time though......lol......but it is nice to switch off for a while.

Hi friends,

I'm still here and doing well. Sorry for the lack of posting, but there are reasons. We are doing well, and healthy, thank God! And have just come back from a Disney/Uni trip.

I'm happy to say I LOVED Uni, and rode Hagrid's.... front seat, up on the bike. Holy-moly is that intense! We had a wonderful trip.

Hope everyone is well.

((hugs))

Good to see you mrose......you have been missed and happy to hear you`re all doing ok.

And glad you had such a lovely trip recently, and yes, Hagrid`s is so much fun.

Take care :wave2:

Ended up chatting most of the evening away with my friend Sue and then my brother for a good old catch up. Time flies though when you`re chatting. But, always enjoy it.

Ended up with some seabass for dinner which was lovely, made some sauteed pak choi and few other little bits and made it a Thai infused dish. We all love seafood and seabass is a big favourite of Tom`s. Made some vanilla and honey ice cream for dessert with some lychees which went surprisingly well together.

Cloudy evening, but warm. Will make the most of the next two day before summer may be over for us......or maybe not....who knows.

Woot, McK, park time. Glad you enjoyed the Potter coaster ride. Happy you had a fun filled vacation.
Oh yes, and I very much enjoyed the Hog's head beer afterward, to calm my shaking legs! LOL!

Storms up here Lynn. Ugh!

Good to see you mrose......you have been missed and happy to hear you`re all doing ok.

And glad you had such a lovely trip recently, and yes, Hagrid`s is so much fun.
Thank you! Yes... a lot of fun! My kids (all adults) made me not watch any videos because we wanted it to be a surprise. So yeah, it was a shock at how intense it was! But lots of fun! I definitely don't like the virtual line though. We did that a second day and it was a LLLOOONNNGGG wait. Ugh! First day the wait time was 35 minutes, which was crazy short. Velocicoaster was up and running too, but I was too chicken to do it. This was before the opening date.

Shockingly, did have pasta. So chopped up some yellow peppers and made some red sauce, and grated parmigiana cheese. Dinner is served. Little one wants water ice. Not feeling that, but now she is asking older one. He does not seem interested, but maybe. DH will partake if they bring a quart of it home.

Good evening everyone. Today has been a Monday. I have started troubleshooting a Medicare/Medicaid problem for one of our clients. I have a feeling this one may drag on for a while.

That is a weird dream Charade……..Hope you slept well though…….
I don’t even know what to begin to think of it.

Out walking early and made 7 miles this morning,
That’s awesome. You are going to be ready for Universal when you finally get to come back.

And probably some bad news from Boris tonight
Hopefully not too bad.

Ooh phone keeps flashing extreme weather to expire in 6 hours. Should be rocking and rolling stormy this evening
I think our weather headed your way.

Yum. I love fresh strawberries. Will you make ice cream?

Good to see you again. Hope you can get back more often.

It looks like I am going to be going to South Carolina next week. My brother was going to drive down on Thursday and visit for the weekend. (Mom’s birthday is Thursday.) My aunt has informed him that she is going to go on vacation next week, so he needs to plan on staying for the week to take care of Mom. So he has changed his plans and will be going on Sunday instead of Thursday and staying through Friday or Saturday. I volunteered to go down and help out.
I am really annoyed with my aunt right now.

Oh my goodness the lightning, the wind, hail, huge downpours, and ack, the sounds of the thunder. Nice yellow colored radar cell passed over us.

Well now that I am here, looks like all the homies are in bed.

whatever happened to our night crew?

porch light is on ...

Oh yes, and I very much enjoyed the Hog's head beer afterward, to calm my shaking legs! LOL!

Storms up here Lynn. Ugh!

Thank you! Yes... a lot of fun! My kids (all adults) made me not watch any videos because we wanted it to be a surprise. So yeah, it was a shock at how intense it was! But lots of fun! I definitely don't like the virtual line though. We did that a second day and it was a LLLOOONNNGGG wait. Ugh! First day the wait time was 35 minutes, which was crazy short. Velocicoaster was up and running too, but I was too chicken to do it. This was before the opening date.

Yes, I didn`t want any spoilers but couldn`t resist!! But Tom and Kyle were completely ini the dark about the whole ride.....and neither of them have studied pics or info on the VC.......I`m desperate to tell them about it, but they won`t listen.....lol......

Good evening everyone. Today has been a Monday. I have started troubleshooting a Medicare/Medicaid problem for one of our clients. I have a feeling this one may drag on for a while.

I don’t even know what to begin to think of it.

That’s awesome. You are going to be ready for Universal when you finally get to come back.

Hopefully not too bad.

I think our weather headed your way.

Yum. I love fresh strawberries. Will you make ice cream?

Good to see you again. Hope you can get back more often.

It looks like I am going to be going to South Carolina next week. My brother was going to drive down on Thursday and visit for the weekend. (Mom’s birthday is Thursday.) My aunt has informed him that she is going to go on vacation next week, so he needs to plan on staying for the week to take care of Mom. So he has changed his plans and will be going on Sunday instead of Thursday and staying through Friday or Saturday. I volunteered to go down and help out.
I am really annoyed with my aunt right now.

Not a lot of notice from your aunt for such a trip for you both to make. Not everyone would be in a position to just go like that. Hope your mum is doing ok though.

Yes, getting fitter is the goal, when we started 3 months ago we could barely walk half a mile without feeling it....yes, we had become that lazy during lockdown. And the weather was so cold, but we kept going despite the miserable weather. And now we love it.

Hope th eclients issues are an easy fix and not a drain on time and energy.

Well now that I am here, looks like all the homies are in bed.

whatever happened to our night crew?

porch light is on ...

6am crew here........not always though....I do love a snuggle in the morning, so might get delayed some days....... ::yes::

Birds started at 2am, although for these next few weeks we don`t have astronomical darkness at all...you look out the window and theres always some light over the ocean where the sun rises.

Little blighters had stopped at 5 when I woke back up again.....think even they go back to bed for a nap!!

Lovely night light........

And another beautiful morning again.....going to be a warm one with bright sunshine, so sunscreen on I think even though we`ll be out early. Lightning forecast for Thursday with heavy rains in some areas, although they promise us storms, they very rarely occur as forecast.

Blueberry muffins and fruit for breakfast, no idea for lunch and dinner is bbq meat again...lots of salad choices on the side, good to go. Will make up some potato salad, but use one that has bacon pieces and hard boiled egg champed through, first time I saw it I did wonder, but it`s delicious. I have an abundance of chives growing in my herb garden so will use them up, they`re growing like wildfire.

Not much else on the agenda for today.......

i-w7VBH5B-S.gif

i-v7RT4bg-S.gif

cv44-M.jpg

Happy Tuesday..........😁

A happy Tuesday to you too Schumi. Nice you are having a wonderful weather day.

Charade, ack to your Aunt. You’d think she would have told you about her travel earlier. Hope you get better news and easier work calls today.

Woke up around 3 am to hear quite the noisy rain downpour. I guess it stopped, as was not raining when I got up an hour and a half later. Some chances of those random rain showers in the morning, but was a glorious yellow sunrise in a clear sky was seen as I got out of the bathroom. And so, AC working well, as feels almost cool inside. Yeah, well it’s 63F degrees out, and humid. But the humidity is to lessen as the day goes on, and a beautiful sunny 80 degree high day. Sunglasses will certainly be worn on lunchtime walk. Yay! And no more rain chances, with high 70’s the high temp to round out the week days. Then of course, Saturday is predicted to be close to 90. Yeah. And as weather ticks up to those 90’s degrees, the rain chances increase. And so, a chance to be a rainy Saturday it is. And kinda makes sense. The only 90 degree high day this week is the last day of Spring. A bit after I go to bed on Sunday, Summer arrives. Woot!

But as today is a Taco Tuesday, Mac should be happy. No cooking dinner tonight. A trip to the Taco Bell will be the perfect dinner eating place today.

Ah, shorts on, and so is a tea cup in my hand. Time for more tea, and a breakfast of what I can find to eat. Hehe, DH got into the jelly beans bag. Nope, not yet. Maybe some oatmeal.

A Good Morning to all the homies, and have a totally Terrific Taco Tuesday. Oh, and enjoy a taco or two today.

I forgot is was taco Tuesday
Doing rice, chicken ,broccoli casserole for dinner
Left overs from last night

will do taco Wednesday for a change

we will confuse the staff there
They will look at us and say, you are late
Tuesday was yesterday

Hope all all the homies have a great day!

A quick good morning to everyone.

My aunt is making me insane. My theory is that she originally didn't plan to go on vacation with the rest of the family. Then when my brother said he was coming for a weekend visit she decided that he was going to stay the week with Mom while she went on vacation. I don't mind that she wants a vacation, but it would have been nice if she had mentioned it a few weeks ago and asked nicely rather than demanded that my brother stay the week. There is one positive side to this. Mom has some medical appointments next week. I am going to take the opportunity to have her sign some HIPAA release forms so that her doctors will talk to me and my brother about her care. I am tired of having to rely on my aunt to give correct information.

Lynne - I hope the storms didn't cause too much damage. I think we have sunny days the next few days.

Gotta get to work.

That is a great thing to do charade
Sign the hippa forms so you will have access to your moms records and be able to talk to her doctor

leave out the middle man

Agree. My mom signed that all her kids had access. Will be so much easier to understand what she is being told, rather than via your Aunt. No issues, thankfully. Though to see hail and so much lightning was impressive. With these nicer days, the grass and all will be growing fast after that two inches or so of rain that fell last night and early morning.

Hehe, Mac is having Taco Tuesday tomorrow. Camel won’t mind. Enjoy your good sounding home cooked dinner tonight.

Golden sunshine in my windows. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter