Something About Nothing............ #14

Ah that second day of May, and it’s a thirsty kinda day. May have record breaking high temp today. Bring that warm weather on.

Was odd, went to bed at my usual time, but for some reason, was awake an hour before my alarm went off. Decided hot shower and put a load of wash on. Then, yay, one of the fastest commutes I have had. No one coming in but me, then a quick parking in my favorite spot, but with laptop acting a bit wonky, but seems to be working okay with what I am doing, so I guess it’s just grumpy.

56 degrees out now, but it feels muggy, and another yay, full day of sunshine we should have. Woot! 86 degrees this late afternoon. Ah, so nice weather before that 20 degree dip rainy weekend.

And we are a Thursday, that week day we use a drink to salute the fact, that the day after is a Friday. And this Friday, lazy one for me and older one. Woot! Son and mom maybe lunch out. Taco Bell maybe.

Nose is getting better, though still brought drugs with me. Am glad a longer weekend for me. Blowing nose all day was exhausting.

But time for more tea from that happily still full enough water bottle. Feels good to hold the hotter feeling cup. Office feels a bit too cool, so have sweater jacket on.

Thirsty Thursday today. Good to stay hydrated in that most of us having warmer weather. Hope all have a Terrific Thirsty Thursday.

IMG_5045.jpeg
It’s summer weather here again today, hooray! Mid 80’s and sunshine all day.

This evening invited to the ‘lil ones middle school academic banquet. She’s speaking twice, as the class president and a speaker later. I admire everyone who can get up in front of a crowd and comfortably speak, I’ll never be comfortable in that situation. I run on stress :)

a good day to all!

Good Thursday morning everyone :wave2:
IMG_3260.jpeg

IMG_3263.jpeg

IMG_3262.jpeg

IMG_3261.jpeg

Robo, hope all goes with removal. Sending prayer, that is the only the found on you. Ack, to storm knocking out doorbell and furnace panel. Scary. Lightning is not fun when it hits your home. Closest I saw, was one strike hit the corner of my parent’s house’s garage. Knocked a small piece of it off. Glad you were not hurt. And things can be replaced. We are to be stormy tomorrow night.
Thank you Lynne.

So far the electric panel was fixed on Tuesday for the heater. The door bell chimes are over 30 years old and that is proving harder to fix.

That seems to be “the” way to go for many. As i understand can really be precise. Being educated about it always helps to soothe me when I have something pending. Do tend to hate surprises
Like you I do like knowing by options.

I did have to Google what moh is, there is a lot of positivity with that type of treatment, so you know you still have all our thoughts and prayers for a very good outcome. And good luck with the consultation.
Thank you Carole.

Enjoy your time with the little guy today, so good for the soul!!
I had a wonderful time with little J on Tuesday. Those sweet little ones are indeed good for the soul. He is so full of joy and seems to have unlimited energy.

I need to call my favourite niece today, she goes in to hospital tomorrow for hip replacement surgery, she is young but she really needs it. Weirdly my sister in law who is younger than me is getting a similar surgery next week. Niece`s is more complex so I`ll be sitting waiting for news tomorrow.
Carole sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for your niece and sister in law that all goes well with their hip surgeries. Those procedures are getting better all the time.

They have a less invasive approach now that some surgeons are using and it is really helping with healing time post surgery.

Wound up stopping by Ross in same shopping plaza and picked up a big bagful of clothes for jr to sort thru as his wardrobe needed some refreshing. Found a little something for everyone. Just some new makeup for me.
It is always good to have a successful shopping expedition.

New castle light show due in June
I saw that on Universals wed site. They have done wonderful shows on the Castle in the past. Look forward to seeing this one.

Quick stop in before I head to bed. I have a couple loaves of bread baking in the oven...then it's time for bed once they come out. We are enjoying the fresh bread...and it's easy to whip a couple of loaves in the evening.
I keep saying I’am going to work on trying to make a good loaf of bread. Maybe I will make that a goal to accomplish this week.

Your bread always sounds so good and looks good too from the photos you have posted.

Mr surprised me with a BLT this am, better than gold.
BLT sounds yummy. So nice your hubby surprised you with a nice sandwhich.

My boss is currently at the ER with her husband. He fell this morning while taking a walk and hit his head. I think he is around 80 years old, so a little extra concern there. She is supposed to call me back before 3:00 with an update.
Sending prayers your boss’s hubby is ok.

This evening invited to the ‘lil ones middle school academic banquet. She’s speaking twice, as the class president and a speaker later. I admire everyone who can get up in front of a crowd and comfortably speak, I’ll never be comfortable in that situation. I run on stress :)

a good day to all!

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her speaking at her academic banquet. It is wonderful that she feels comfortable speaking to a large crowd.

Sun is shining this morning. It is supposed to be 87 today. I call this feast or famine weather. It was barely in the 60’s for a high last week and now we are going to roast.

I watched little J Tuesday and we had a wonderful time. I took him to the play area at the church and he had the best time. I had the best time just watching him laugh and play.

I always put one of those bento containers in the freezer then take it out once it is good and frozen and pack him a lunch and some little juice boxes for his play trips. He expends so much energy playing and running. I want to make sure he is hydrated and has some healthy calories.

He loves fruit and vegetables. His favorites are cucumbers and cherry tomatoes dipped in avocado. He also likes Apples, Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and he likes cheese.

I was able to watch little J yesterday also for a couple hours as my niece had a doc appt. We went to the park. He loved that.

I bought some tomato plants yesterday on the way home and I’am going to plant those in the pots on the porch. I grew tomatoes in planter pots on the porch last year and a some in the mini-planting area under my kitchen window last year. So going to try that again this year.

There were so many tomato varieties to choose from. I picked a few new ones to see how they will perform.

The lady who does my hair is a master gardener and I’am going to save some space for some of her plants also. I bought some plants from her last year and those plants were very hardy.

I have some additional projects in the yard I want to accomplish today so need to get scootin.

Shout out to Ruth. Hope all is well with you and your hubby and you are enjoying being out in the yard.

Mac hope your eyes are doing better.

Carole I noticed you missing today. Hope the weather is allowing you to get out and enjoy some walking.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone.

IMG_3264.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 856417
It’s summer weather here again today, hooray! Mid 80’s and sunshine all day.

a good day to all!
Janet, congratulations to your granddaughter for that honor! That's wonderful and I know you are proud of her:) Like you, I never have felt comfortable in that situation either. I even had a difficult time talking in class when I was asked a question while at school. Nothing has changed, LOL. Have a great warm Thursday:) We are still having rain, wind, and cool weather.

Good Thursday morning everyone :wave2:
View attachment 856419

View attachment 856422

View attachment 856423

View attachment 856424

Thank you Lynne.

So far the electric panel was fixed on Tuesday for the heater. The door bell chimes are over 30 years old and that is proving harder to fix.

Like you I do like knowing by options.

Thank you Carole.

I had a wonderful time with little J on Tuesday. Those sweet little ones are indeed good for the soul. He is so full of joy and seems to have unlimited energy.

Carole sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for your niece and sister in law that all goes well with their hip surgeries. Those procedures are getting better all the time.

They have a less invasive approach now that some surgeons are using and it is really helping with healing time post surgery.

It is always good to have a successful shopping expedition.

I saw that on Universals wed site. They have done wonderful shows on the Castle in the past. Look forward to seeing this one.

I keep saying I’am going to work on trying to make a good loaf of bread. Maybe I will make that a goal to accomplish this week.

Your bread always sounds so good and looks good too from the photos you have posted.

BLT sounds yummy. So nice your hubby surprised you with a nice sandwhich.

Sending prayers your boss’s hubby is ok.

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her speaking at her academic banquet. It is wonderful that she feels comfortable speaking to a large crowd.

Sun is shining this morning. It is supposed to be 87 today. I call this feast or famine weather. It was barely in the 60’s for a high last week and now we are going to roast.

I watched little J Tuesday and we had a wonderful time. I took him to the play area at the church and he had the best time. I had the best time just watching him laugh and play.

I always put one of those bento containers in the freezer then take it out once it is good and frozen and pack him a lunch and some little juice boxes for his play trips. He expends so much energy playing and running. I want to make sure he is hydrated and has some healthy calories.

He loves fruit and vegetables. His favorites are cucumbers and cherry tomatoes dipped in avocado. Apples, Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and he likes cheese.

I was able to watch little J yesterday also for a couple hours as my niece had a doc appt. We went to the park. He loved that.

I bought some tomato plants yesterday on the way home and I’am going to plant those in the pots on the porch. I grew tomatoes in planter pots on the porch last year and a some in the mini-planting area under my kitchen window last year. So going to try that again this year.

There were so many tomato varieties to choose from. I picked a few new ones to see how they will perform.

The lady who does my hair is a master gardener and I’am going to save some space for some of her plants also. I bought some plants from her last year and those plants were very hardy.

I have some additional projects in the yard I want to accomplish today so need to get scootin.

Shout out to Ruth. Hope all is well with you and your hubby and you are enjoying being out in the yard.

Mac hope your eyes are doing better.

Carole I noticed you missing today. Hope the weather is allowing you to get out and enjoy some walking.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone.

View attachment 856421
Hi Robo:

We only had one day that we could get out in the yard and pull up some old flowers in the flower beds, LOL. We are in a cool, rainy phase now! Getting tired of this weather, I just can't get warm. We are recovering from our long road trip a week ago. At least it was warm and beautiful in Arizona, just a long, long drive for us older folks:)

It sounds like you get to spend a lot of quality time with J. How old is the little guy? I don't have any young grandkids anymore and I sure miss playing with them like that.

Just a quick update on my post vacation blues, LOL.
I am still recovering from this.:crazy2: It must be because of the 4000 mile plus drive at our age. So from now on it is flying! It could be the cold rainy weather that's contributing to the aches and pain too. Oh well..............

Yesterday was not a good day for me as far as baking/cooking goes:confused: I was at my Mother's house helping her out, and she wanted me to bake brownies. Brownies and I don't get along well! I don't know what I do to them, but they never turn out. I have tried to make them from scratch and from a box with no difference. Well, Mom called to tell me that the brownies were no good and weren't done! I baked them as directed and even left them in 5 minutes longer. I checked them with a toothpick and they seemed fine. Oh well, it's a mystery!

Then I made mashed potatoes from the Idahoan package. We had these at my sisterinlaws in Arizona and they were delicious! I never thought a package of mashed potatoes would turn out so good. However, when I took them out of the microwave and stirred them, they seemed to turn to concrete! Honestly, if we needed concrete were would have been all set. My husband, bless him, said let's try them and they will be ok. Well, no they weren't. We threw the concrete away. I guess I didn't add 4 cups of water/milk to the potatoes, but only added 2 cups!!!! No wonder they were cement.

So, yesterday was Not a good cooking/baking day for me:sad2: I hit the Little Debbies cakes to help me get over the trauma.

I hope you all have good baking/cooking days this weekend, LOL.

ruth

We all have had a fail food making day, Disney. Hugs. I hope the weather gets warmer for you. Yeah, I don’t mind the waiting at the airport to fly that amount of driving, instead of driving all the way.

Ah, you are not going to get up early? No DH, I am not. You can get up early, then I’ll be relaxing before I want to get up. Our discussion last night. As predicted, I was up before DH, and got that nice long shower first. I just can’t sleep later, though if I’m in those lazy fun days long enough, I can sleep quite late in the morning, a few days then.

But yay, a lazy Friday here. As kids are off today, they are thinking outlet shopping at the longer drive one. I’m up for it. I think we may hit the huge mall on the way back, as it’s on the way back from the one highway, we use to get to the highway, that takes us to those outlets. Both outlet places let us get close to that huge mall, and we usually stop at that mall on the way home, when we go to either outlet. And since tomorrow is May 4, older one is hoping he can get the Lego SW extras the store does for May 4, a day earlier. They did last year. And the only Lego store near us, is at that huge mall. And to be fair, the food choices at both outlet places, is where there is not much that little one would eat. Hence, the mall area has more food choices for her. Another reason we may stop in the mall, or the mall area, on the way back.

And ooh, probably shorts. 57 out, and 68 the high. Eh, maybe lightweight pants and a short sleeve shirt. 68 the high, hmm. And we won’t be outside much once we get in the car. The outlets have outside entrances, so not much time outside if it’s cool feeling. And inside stores, it’s a crap shoot. Some are almost too cool and some are ugh, hotter feeling than should be. I guess all don’t want to turn on the AC yet. And a day like today, and the ones following next week, glad no AC blasting inside yet either. Did not hear our AC go on this morning. But glad the home feels that Goldilocks’ just right temp.

And while the phone app says many clouds around, sunshine pouring through our East facing windows. I like to open all the blinds when I am ready for the day. Which is usually just around sunrise on these no city driving days.

So a good morning to you all, and hope all have a most Fabulous Friday, and most Wonderful Wednesday. And this weekend, May the 4th be With You. ::yes:: :darth:

IMG_5057.jpeg
Everyone is a fan of Star Wars on maythefourth

As kids are off today, they are thinking outlet shopping at the longer drive one. I’m up for it.
Sounds like a fun outing to me, enjoy. It’s still warm & sunny here. Never got the rain yesterday, going to 85 degrees. Bottom drops out tomorrow, only 65. Need to remember to pull something out of freezer to roast in oven before it bounces back up to mid-upper 70’s all week.

I can smell summer

I need to learn how to photo edit the roaming girl from this pic last night 😖 She did very well in her speaking. Took them out for ice cream afterwards, family picked one a long haul away. The sort of very old skool rural place that the retired owner hangs out and gives kids half dollars for stopping by. Haven’t seen that practice in ages. Was a nice evening, he set up picnic tables and gazebos to just chill in the wooded countryside.

Later, need to meet a plumber at Jr’s house, the fate of the retired folk, least it makes us feel useful lol

Have a great day all.

IMG_3485.jpeg
May the 4th day of May, be with you.

Hehe, a day just made for SW fans.

And even better, on a weekend day.

49 degrees out. Sigh. Still not ready to be only in shorts yet. Maybe even a jacket or not.

Lazy day again, which is great. Little one is going to go with me to the mall, as we did not stop in there yesterday. And, she’s is buying some new bathing suits. Found that the place she liked them in the past, are back to having ones that fit her perfectly. And so, new for our trip, as hope is so hot, pool time more.

And decided, after recently made reports of the work at PBH, finally cancelled my reservation, and booked the HR instead. I will, take a stroll down to PBH to see for myself. Though I do very much like the HR, as most close to the Studios, and since even the walk to Islands is not much further, we rarely use the boats when we stay there. And after the third switch, the last booked hotel at the mouse, is where we are excited to stay at. Though construction at that hotel too, but food places and part of the DVC. So I am assuming we hear not much or see not too much, versus what has been said at PBH. Woot! Coming up sooner than later. Yay!

Yay, DH is in lazy mode too. Made coffee for him, tea for me, and pancakes. Easy breakfast is what is needed. And carbs are us. lol. Older one works today. At the Disney store he bought a funny sounds cup, and I had bought him on Disney store online, a May 4th SW shirt. I know he will be in it today. Where he works, they don’t mind shirts that have designs on them, just the pants or shorts have to be a certain color. And of course, designs can’t be offensive.

Happy Saturday to everyone. Good morning from a homie having an overcast, windy cooler feeling day. 62 the high.

Though construction at that hotel too, but food places and part of the DVC. So I am assuming we hear not much or see not too much
Google recent construction pics Working on BWV (old espn). Most of big exterior work seems completed. Taking forever though.

It was ongoing when we were there for last year’s sept trip. Including the DVC units that are progressing at an excruciatingly slow pace

How slow? we didn’t book there since fall 2023 as it was somewhat intrusive.

We booked then. Glad, as they were literally dropping things out of the pool view rooms

Only doing one section at a time. Others in adjacent sections got to watch & listen to that noise. Ugh

They are still cancelling DVC res @ BWV galore, relatively last minute, as so far behind schedule. On a positive note, If in the inn part, may not hear or see much of anything. Good luck!

It’s here! Take a picture, it will last longer
IMG_0990.jpeg

To avoid doggie side eye, do not dress them up to celebrate
IMG_0991.jpeg

Going to use up the scary looking bananas & make quick bread, adding a lot of cinnamon to verve into Mexican menu I’m making today ole!

Last edited:
Good morning and happy Saturday. We are expecting rain all weekend, so I don't think I will be going out much. Today seems like a good day to finally get summer clothes out of storage.

I think I am caught up at work. The other therapist finally got her Medicare approval, so I have started the process of getting her approved to send claims.

I found out more information about my boss' husband. He was on his way home from his daily walk when he started feeling dizzy, fell, and hit his head on the driveway. My boss took a picture of the huge knot on his head. Apparently this has happened before, but he refuses to see a doctor. Boss insisted on taking him to the hospital where they discovered evidence of a heart attack. (elevated levels of a certain protein, EKG showed blockage). When I left work on Thursday he had been sent for a stress test and there was mention of him possibly needing a pacemaker. I am waiting for an update.

This evening invited to the ‘lil ones middle school academic banquet. She’s speaking twice, as the class president and a speaker later. I admire everyone who can get up in front of a crowd and comfortably speak, I’ll never be comfortable in that situation.
Congratulations to her. I loathe public speaking. It's almost a phobia with me.

I admire people who can successfully garden. I never have much with any plants.

So, yesterday was Not a good cooking/baking day for me
I think we have all had days like that I once thought I had poisoned dh with dinner. I don't know if I have told that story or not.

As kids are off today, they are thinking outlet shopping at the longer drive one. I’m up for it. I think we may hit the huge mall on the way back,
I miss being near outlet malls. I don't even know where the nearest one is to me.

I need to learn how to photo edit the roaming girl from this pic last night
If I still had access to Photoshop I could do it. I think that was the class I enjoyed most.

And decided, after recently made reports of the work at PBH, finally cancelled my reservation, and booked the HR instead. I will, take a stroll down to PBH to see for myself.
There was still a lot of scaffolding when I saw it last weekend.

Just got a text from my boss. She said that her husband chose to leave the hospital Thursday evening, so I assume the heart blockage has not been addressed. She says he is still extremely dizzy. I know she is really frustrated with him right now.

Lynne, believe you made the right decision on switching your hotel stay.

PB is a lovely hotel and I stayed there last year when renovations began.
I was not prepared for the morning start of work being done.
All went fine the second day as I would leave the hotel before the work crew came in.

I think we have all had days like that I once thought I had poisoned dh with dinner. I don't know if I have told that story or not.
Oh, sounds like a delicious story lol. Spill ‘dem beans, plz
IMG_1001.jpeg
Scary stuff for the coworker & her DH.

While I realize people certainly have the right to choose their own path re medical care; I often wonder if they even consider the possible burden/stress they shift upon their family by their choices.

Often, the weight of things from those sort of decisions fall directly upon what shifts to be their direct caretakers’ shoulders going forward.

I get for better or worse but, have seen more than a few people wind up in that situation. wherein they become de facto personal care aides when there were common treatment options that could be explored to alleviate the situation

Don’t even want to think of the OOP costs racked up if he left AMA

Charade, I'm with Keisha on this one. I know stubborn people, but do they ever stop and think what they are putting their loved ones through? I hope he changes his mind' Sometimes there is nothing you can do but let him deal with the consequences. It's sad that his family will have to deal with that too.

I also want you to spill the beans about almost poisoning your dh, LOL. That has to be a good one and now you HAVE to tell it:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter