Something About Nothing..........#5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

Happy Monday Morning to you all!

I'm having an exciting week. Several months ago I booked two nights at the Great Wolf Lodge, Poconos, PA for this coming weekend.

Don't know if anyone has ever been there, but it should be a lot of fun. It's a resort with an indoor waterpark. We're planning on telling the kiddies this week. It's an early Xmas gift....

So, the bad part is I have to get into a bathing suit. In December.
(let the screaming begin.....)

E

Hello everyone!

Happy Monday Morning to you all!

I'm having an exciting week. Several months ago I booked two nights at the Great Wolf Lodge, Poconos, PA for this coming weekend.

Don't know if anyone has ever been there, but it should be a lot of fun. It's a resort with an indoor waterpark. We're planning on telling the kiddies this week. It's an early Xmas gift....

So, the bad part is I have to get into a bathing suit. In December.
(let the screaming begin.....)

E

i think it was bubba's mom that stayed at Great Wolf Lodge.
if you check the trip reports, it should be in there. take a look at it in case you have never been there before at the Lodge.

Their family loved it and had lots of pictures in their trip report.
if you have not been to the Great Wolf Lodge, check out her report and see the pics.

i might have this wrong but i think she mentioned the food they had there.

i think you will love it!
it is so beautiful in the pictures she shared with everyone.

i'm sure we will be hearing your kids squeal with excitement this weekend when you tell them the surprise.
what a good mom and dad youse guys are.
i'm sure the kids will be doing this....:worship: once you let them in on your secret trip!

the bathing suit issue i can not help with.
i haven't been in one in years..........:eek:

it is rare for me to complain on the forums.
everyone in the universal forums always play "nice" and everyone gets along.

if a homie has a different opinion on something that has been posted, it is done in a very non threatening way. hard feelings are avoided then. no matter what thread/forum it is in, we all get along well with each other.

i can't say i have ever seen a newbie come to the forums and get treated unkindly.
if they have questions, someone usually answers it the best way they can.

i do spend a lot of time trying to help those with a question.
i sometimes am able to find threads that i can link to the poster to for additional help.

some people say thank you and some don't. that is not an issue for me.
people get busy and once they have the info they requested, they can plan their trip better.

last night i helped, or i thought i helped a new person on the forums.
they had a question about discounted rooms at universal.
sad to say, it blew up in my face.

i am not used to a rude and sarcastic reply in the universal forums when i spend the time to help someone.

now i ask myself, do i continue to help others when they have questions, or just let the post go unanswered. i'm torn on what to do now.

when i see a post that no one has responded to, i try my best to find an answer for that poster. a newbie that is ignored with a question will not come back for help. many here on the universal forums have a lot of knowledge and we help each other about things for the parks, hotels, transportation, etc.
we all were newbies at one time and i know some of the questions are repeated weekly but i still don't like to ignore those posts.

maybe i should start being like other universal posters and not get involved to help.

i'm really at a crossroad on this.
should i or shouldn't i help others?

what would you do?

if a homie has a different opinion on something that has been posted, it is done in a very non threatening way. hard feelings are avoided then. no matter what thread/forum it is in, we all get along well with each other.

i can't say i have ever seen a newbie come to the forums and get treated unkindly.

i sometimes am able to find threads that i can link to the poster to for additional help.

people get busy and once they have the info they requested, they can plan their trip better.

i am not used to a rude and sarcastic reply in the universal forums when i spend the time to help someone.

now i ask myself, do i continue to help others when they have questions, or just let the post go unanswered. i'm torn on what to do now.

when i see a post that no one has responded to, i try my best to find an answer for that poster. a newbie that is ignored with a question will not come back for help. many here on the universal forums have a lot of knowledge and we help each other about things for the parks, hotels, transportation, etc.
we all were newbies at one time and i know some of the questions are repeated weekly but i still don't like to ignore those posts.

maybe i should start being like other universal posters and not get involved to help.

what would you do?

Mac ... continue what you have always done so well ... helping others. You are never going to please everyone, and yes you will run into the occasional person who posts on this side that may not like what you have to say but you have to remember, the majority of those asking for help are very gracious and appreciate your knowledge. Please don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch!!!

Mac your posts are greatly appreciated. Believe me I read pretty much everyone of your posts. Considering how much you post on unreplied threads I thought you probably cut-and-pasted from some wiki you previously came up with. Like bonny saids don't let it get to you; I looked up 'their' other posts and 'it seems to me' that he/she is a bit harsh when they post. Some people just really come off strong cause they aren't face to face. That's the interwebs for ya.

MAC :You are AWESOME at giving GREAT advice. Like Bonny said don't let one bad apple get to you!!;)
Everyone on this board has helped me greatly so you are now blessed with me and my chatter!!!:lmao:

Bonny by your temperature guy you have me beat for being COLD:cold: We are at -3 right now and are supposed to go up to +6 tommorow???? Then we will freeze again the next day:scared1:

Hey Mac ... you wanted a Winter Wonderland pic ... well, here ya go - looking out our front window this afternoon ...

Dec8-08.jpg

[:Bonny by your temperature guy you have me beat for being COLD:cold: We are at -3 right now and are supposed to go up to +6 tommorow???? Then we will freeze again the next day:scared1:

We had that already - plus rain, freezing rain and snow again today ... is it Spring yet???

bonny, i think we will beat you tomorrow.
what is coming up from the panhandle will/could hit us hard.

we won't know until the snow line starts.

your pictures look so nice.
from standing inside the house looking out type of nice....:eek:

bonny, i think we will beat you tomorrow.
what is coming up from the panhandle will/could hit us hard.

we won't know until the snow line starts.

your pictures look so nice.
from standing inside the house looking out type of nice....:eek:

Considering at this time last week, we had no snow ...

Hey youse....

Quick fly by but I had to share this MAGICAL santa with youse......

http://portablenorthpole.sympatico.msn.ca/home/

Your wee ones will love it.....and I defy any of youse to have a dry eye !!

I shed buckets when i showed the boy....

i tried to load it and it just sat there for me...:headache:
maybe i hit the site at a busy time.
you know how santa gets all tied up on doing good stuff for the good kidlettes....i'll try it again tonight. thanks for sharing it with us!

Afternoon everyone ...

Scotlass ... that Santa link is too precious ... I think I'll do one up and send it to hubby :rotfl2:

:rotfl:
i see in your siggie, Mr Lee is quite busy now.
hope he isn't too busy to take the email from you.
if he does, demand a raise or go out on strike.....

Mac your posts are greatly appreciated. Believe me I read pretty much everyone of your posts. Considering how much you post on unreplied threads I thought you probably cut-and-pasted from some wiki you previously came up with. Like bonny saids don't let it get to you; I looked up 'their' other posts and 'it seems to me' that he/she is a bit harsh when they post. Some people just really come off strong cause they aren't face to face. That's the interwebs for ya.

thank you for the kind words. i didn't post what i did to get compliments..:flower3: (and i thank you) but rather ask if i should stop spending so much of my time helping others. what you and bonny and circelli have said is comforting to me. thankie you

i see my name on so many posts.
sometimes i get sick of seeing me all over the place. :rolleyes1

no, each reply is an original. i wish i kept track of all the advice and suggestions i have given out over the years.
when the same question arises, i have to search and see what i said prior.
i try to link those threads to the op having the same question.

and i write more detail than people expect sometimes i guess....

i keep thinking to when i was a newbie and needed direction on the park.
just want to share what i have encountered first hand.

i should write a book.............:laughing:
but then, i would give it away for free...

i gave this advice out earlier today but don't think i mentioned it here yet.

i read on another message board (don't know if i can say the name here) and it talked about the heating stalls, or heating section once you get off of the barge ride.

it stated for $3 or $4 your group can go to a section with heating equipment to dry off from that ride.

i'm gonna search more for it and see if it is available now or if it is something that is going to be put in.

i stay away from that ride.
you get soaked to your undies on it......

MAC :You are AWESOME at giving GREAT advice. Like Bonny said don't let one bad apple get to you!!;)
Everyone on this board has helped me greatly so you are now blessed with me and my chatter!!!:lmao:

Bonny by your temperature guy you have me beat for being COLD:cold: We are at -3 right now and are supposed to go up to +6 tommorow???? Then we will freeze again the next day:scared1:

and we love having you here!!

just in case we have lurkers, please know you can join in at any time.

everyone is welcomed here always.

Hi HOIMIES!!Just stopping in to say hellow..

We did go too US yesterday,it was pretty busy.Got all kinda pics of the parade the Grinch and Suess Landing at night:thumbsup2

I did go back a few pages to catch up and put my two cents on that reply mac..

Mac you help alot of peeps with questions including me and i've been doing US for years,you didnt deserve that at all!!
Please dont let that stop what you do best-helping others:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hey notatourist,good seing you again!!

what would you do?
Mac please don't stop helping due to rude newbies that ask for help and then get rude when its not what they want to hear.
I am by no means an expert but at one time was a newbie and you homies went out of your way to help with everything and to be honest the first time you all helped me was the first time I had ever in my adult life had taken my family or anyone to Orlando and was scared to death about being in a diffrent state not knowing where I was but with all of your help I felt at ease going and even walking to Universal and thats something for me to admitt to being scared because I was raised a man doesn't show he is scared or cry .
So wanted to let ya know how much your advise helps me and you and the others are much more than homies
YOU ARE FRIENDS :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter