Something about Nothing, come join in........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Sunday morning everyone!

marci...glad to hear your DH made it last nite.....whew!

to all the homies on their way "home"...:hug: :yay: have a great trip! take lotsa pix! and we want DETAILED TR when you get home! :mad:

well, today is "rip Bubba's room apart" day :headache: it needs a GOOD cleanin' out ;) so, if you don't see me around for a week, that's where I've been....sucked into the world of Bubba! :laughing:

chat yas l8r!

Have a good day everyone! :wave2:

Good Sunday morning everyone!

marci...glad to hear your DH made it last nite.....whew!

to all the homies on their way "home"...:hug: :yay: have a great trip! take lotsa pix! and we want DETAILED TR when you get home! :mad:

well, today is "rip Bubba's room apart" day :headache: it needs a GOOD cleanin' out ;) so, if you don't see me around for a week, that's where I've been....sucked into the world of Bubba! :laughing:

chat yas l8r!

Have a good day everyone! :wave2:

I think I should do that today too. Rip Joel's room apart. He comes home from Florida tomorrow night. He won't know where he is! Excellent idea! Now where is my gas mask?

Morning everyone.

Okay, I know it's afternoon... but I am moving very slowly today...

My rum muscle isn't in good shape these days, so I'm dragging a bit after setting sail with Capt Morgan last night. :rolleyes1

Hubby is about to take Joshua to lunch and to see Ratatouille for a special "boys day out". I'll be here with Daniel hoping that he decides today is a rare nap day. If he sleeps, I will be joining him. :faint:

I finished the book a few hours ago.
:coffee:

any who want to comment, please pmail me.
would be glad to discuss.

okay, back to the countdown to shrek.

41 days!

I really wanna read it!!! I was reading the 6th one today and the 2 yr old that will be on the plane with me started flicking the pages and playing with the book- thinking it was hiliarious!! I really hope he doesn't do that with the 7th one when Im on the plane!!

no spoilers, please:)

DHs 1/2 way thru it already.

Youngest has HP #1 on the tv, we're big on jumping on the bandwagon.

Can't knock the Captain! Had an Absolute - ly good time last night, goes well with Hawaiian Punch:dance3:

Went Xmas shopping this am;) ; kmart has big Simpsons promo, buy $20 worth of merchandise, get a $5 collectible gift card...plus another $5 off if you spend $25 - to be awarded next time you shop. Got jammie bottoms for 2 of my kids, 2 t shirts (for skool), new sheet set & a lovely throw - all emblazoned with the gang.:banana:

I called Chase last night, evidently the promo was geared to those who already use the card frequently, the idea is to get them to spend above their usual monthly average. We use infrequently, lets us out.:rolleyes1

mac - glad DH is safe & sound, how was Six flaggs?

gemma - liberty tree only has a charactar dinner, it's a thanksgiving type fest (turkey, stuffing, stouffers mac & cheese:scared: , etc.)...evidently, quite popular. We ate lunch there last trip - very good...absolutely the largest & best strawberry shortcake ever!!!!! Think it's the offering for all you can eat (family style) dinner there too. Check out the menus on allears for the details.

marci - i golf - badly (have a very cool glove that allow your diamond to peek thru:rotfl: ; style over substance; always too hot for me to even consider golfing in FL - too many other things to do.

barb - might want to hire a dumpster (i've done it before:rolleyes1 ). You can throw all sorts of interesting stuff in them.

HI! :wave:
Just checking in. We've been gone to Louisiana. My grandfather passed away on Thursday, so I spent Thursday night getting packed and ready to go and we got back last night. He passed away the day after his 94th birthday. He had been in pretty good health up until just a few months ago. He had gotten down below 100 lbs. and was unable to get out of bed, so about 4 weeks ago, he went to a rehabilitation home (couldn't call it a nursing home, because he would have had no part of that). He tended a HUGE garden until about 2 years ago, and that year he did all the planting, but wasn't able to do the harvesting. There was a photo of him at the funeral home on his tractor back in February or March. My grandmother is still alive and living at home; I worry about her though. They were married for 71 years and had been together every day since I can remember until he went to the home a few weeks ago. My grandmother is an amazing woman! At 92, she is still as sharp as a tack, she just can't hear all that well and she's losing her vision. My grandparents went with us (my parents, my older sister, and me) on our first trip to WDW back in 1984 when I was 13. I really want to go to my parents house and find those photos, so I can show my DH and my boys; I don't think they have ever seen them. Grandparents are special; I will miss my papaw, but I know that he is in a better place and he lived such a long full life. I look at the death of someone who was so old differently than someone who passes before they have gotten to live a "full" life.

allison, my condolences on the passing of your grandfather.
it is hard to let go of a loved one even if they have had a full life.

i have been cleaning out junk from the house and still not done.
mr mac comes home tomorrow night and i have to make a dent in this joint.

then i can mention i am taking a trip in 64 days

i'm gonna have a new rule in my house.
nothing new comes in here unless it is food!

Allison, Im sorry to hear about you Grandfather. I hope you are comforted by the fact that he lived a long and happy life with the woman he loved. Remember him in his good days- like at WDW.

The computer clock just turned 12.00!!

I am technically going to Orlando TOMORROW!!!

Thanks Mac and Gemma!
Yes, it does comfort me to know that he did live a full life with the woman that he loved. I only have good memories. I remember when I was a little girl, I never would leave a tooth under my pillow for the tooth fairy. I would save them and take them to my grandfather when we visited so that he could plant them and grow him some new teeth.(He always had dentures since before I was born.) He gave me a silver dollar when I was a little girl, and I still have it; I carried it this weekend and showed my dad (he was my dad's dad.)

That's a really nice story Allison! Hope you have more to share with your family to keep his memory alive. My granda died when I was seven. I was young enough to not really understand it. He was brilliant at checkers and taught me and my brothers how to play. Now, everytime I play checkers I think of him. And do you know what? I've never been beaten.

Gemma, you've only got one day!!! Be sure and ride Dueling Dragons for me! I can't go back 'til next June and I'm really missing US/IOA!!! I hope you have LOTS of FUN!!! I know you will, you can't help but have fun...:thumbsup2

Don't worry, I'll be riding all the rides more than enough times to dedicate a ride to each homie!! In 24 hours I will be on here very excited and probably anoying most people by going on and on about how I have 6 hours left....I hope you will all join me!

Is that a coded way of saying you just finished reading the book? :rotfl2:

I thought it was great!

Negative, grasshopper. I have not even read the first one. I just received spoilers. Apparently Harry Potter....uses magic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter