Son is sick and away from home

judi

DIS Veteran
I just hate when one of the kids is sick, but when they are away from home it's even worse. Our son is a student at OSU and called to let me know he's been sick all day with a fever, chills, sore throat and is very sore. I've talked to him a couple of time since but being a mom I'm gonna worry until he feels better.

Of course, mom's do that. :) I'm sending him some chicken soup laced pixie dust to help him get better. :)

judi - I am going through the same thing right now with my son. He and I have been I-M'ing back and forth since last night. He has a fever and a terrible cough. I told him I can mother him from home. He won't go to the campus health center!

I told our son if he feels any worse to go to the med center. We will see if he does that. He isn't one for doctors. So I told him to take tylenol and drink plenty of liquids. He has some great friends down there and I'm sure they will watch out for him also.

Sorry to hear your son is sick Judi, and it's gotta be frustrating being apart like that. . :(

Hope he starts feeling better soon!!!

Pixie dust on the way.

I know how you feel. About a month after my daughter started at Tokyo Sea it looked like she was going to have surgery for vocal nodes. Scared me half to death. The thought of her having surgery in another country without me there was too much. Fortunately they decided not to do it and just watch the nodes for the time being. Having a child away from home even an adult one is never easy.

I am sorry to hear that he isn't feeling well. Sending wishes that he gets well soon.

I am sorry that your DS isn't feeling well. I hope he is feeling better soon and I will send tons of get well pixie dust up the road for him.

I know exactly how you feel. My son would always call me when he was ill while away in Texas at college. I always felt so helpless and worried until I was sure he was alright.

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie. Hope you boy is better real soon.

Katholyn

Thank you everyone!! Sometimes letting others know how you are feeling makes things a little easier to handle. :)

More hugs from a mom of a college student. Its awful knowing they are sick and you cant get there to take care of them. Hope he feels better soon.

Oh, Judi, I know how you're feeling! When my older DS was in college in Oregon, he got strep & I just wanted him HOME so that I could mother him! He was recently in the hospital 2 1/2 hours from home, and I wanted to be there with him & had to wait 'til the next day to go see him. Man, this "mother" thing doesn't really get any easier - it just changes!
(I hope he goes to the Health Center if he's not feeling a little better by tomorrow.)
In the meantime - healing PIXIE DUST ~~~~~~~!!!

Hoping he is feeling better by now, Judi. Yes, tough when they are sick, tougher when they are not home. {{Hugs}}

My mom knows how you feel, I've been really sick and far far away from home. I was sick on the college program at Disney and I called my mom at 4 in the morning with horrible bronchitis. Your right about him having friends...they always help. So tell him to find a real cute girl who will take care of him. I always keep a few of those around, they seem to help me feel better and they love to take care of a sick guy for some reason. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter