Songs about telling someone NO!

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
I am putting together a playlist (as a joke) for a friend who says I never say No.

So far all I have come up with is Taylor Swift - Should Have Said No and Meghan Trainer - No.

Three by Louis Jordan
Brother Beware
Look Out
You can't Get That No More

Last edited:

A great song by Lorrie Morgan- "What part of no don't you understand?"

I used to sing this when my kids were toddlers. LOL!!!

Nobody But Me

Editing to add...it's by the Human Beinz if you are looking for it. I sing the "No" chorus to my kids occasionally when I really want to emphasize my "no."

Berlin (featuring the timeless Terri Nunn): No More Words

You're talking, it all sounds fair
You promise your love, how much you care
I'm still listening and still unsure
Your actions are lacking, nothing is clear
No more words
You're telling me you love me while you're looking away
No more words, no more words
And no more promises of love
Remember when the words were new
They carried a meaning, a feeling so true
But I'm looking for a long romance
Not a picture of passion or one time chance
No more words
No more words, no more words
And no more promises of love
Well don't fool your self
Your empty passion won't satisfy me
I know, so don't pretend that you want me
You don't want me
No more words
No more…

A great song by Lorrie Morgan- "What part of no don't you understand?"
This would be awesome, but this person HATES country. I might get away with the Taylor Swift (since she has always been more Pop than Country) but no way Lorrie Morgan would fly.

hat is a great song, but it kinda says the opposite of telling someone no. :)

Yeah, I looked through my whole list for you and I have a bunch of "no" songs, but they all say different things, though not likely what you are looking for, so I didn't post them. Some say "no regrets" (Tom Cochrane), others say "no sleep" (til Brooklyn...the Beastie Boys), and still others say things like "no reply" (at all...Genesis). We sing lots of phrases from songs in our house. "No Way No" is one of them, even though the song as a whole says nothing of the sort. It isn't uncommon to hear somebody sing/say, "No way, no" or the whole, "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no" from the Human Beinz song.

I have a bunch of "no" songs, but they all say different things, though not likely what you are looking for, so I didn't post them.

Ya I am having a tough time find the "right" songs for this one. Even the Taylor Swift songs isn't really right but I change the lyrics so it is ME who should have said NO instead of the cheating guy. ;)

"You Don't Own Me (Don't Tell Me What To Do)" by Lesley Gore

For extra "oomph," you can go for Klaus Nomi's gender-bending, German existentialist performance of same.

"Hell 2 Da Naw" by Bishop Bullwinkle

Warning:
The lyrics of this song start to get kind of offensive around 2:11, so you might want to consider that.

There's also a song by N.W.A. (remade by Rage Against the Machine) that exemplifies their feelings about the police, but I won't link it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter