Sonoma Terrace Paint the Night Dessert Reception showing up on reservations page

Also, no dates available for WOC dessert party in April when other events are now booking for first week of April. Looks like the WOC party is getting swapped out for Paint the Night?

Yay!! I was hoping they would do something for PTN.

For the first few weeks especially, PTN is going to be a zoo.

Yes!!! So excited for this! I am assuming a Disney Parks blog announcement should be coming out soon to give us the details...

Also, no dates available for WOC dessert party in April when other events are now booking for first week of April. Looks like the WOC party is getting swapped out for Paint the Night?
Entirely possible. But there was a rumor about a WOC refurbishment at some point. So that could also be a consideration.

Aaaaand it's gone! Should have gotten a screen grab. I do have something from google that was cached. I would think in a day or two they will put it up on site with more info.

and mom2rtk-yes I think that makes sense to refurb WOC while doing the PTN.

Not only is WOC dessert party not showing up for April, the dining packages for WOC aren't showing up as well.

I am keeping my eye on things because I wanted to book WOC dessert party and loved that they had a tables section for it, now I am so curious what will be offered for PTN. So excited though, I like PTN more than WOC-so who hoo!

I would rather have the dessert party for WoC. I am sure there will be plenty of space from where to watch the parade.

I was checking out the ABD board and found that there is now a shorter version of the Southern California schedule. Just looking around the ABD site I noticed that one of the experiences they offer is a VIP WOC viewing. At the bottom of the page there is a note that WOC would be under refurbishment on their May 3rd schedule, so that is the show on the 5th. I am assuming that is because of Grad Nite on that day - but I thought even with a Grad Nite WOC was still showing, the kids just get their own WOC during their party. This is how they worded it -

PLEASE NOTE: World of Color will be closed for refurbishment during the following Disneyland Resort and Southern California Short Escape departures:
  • April 19 and April 26, 2018
  • May 3, 2018
An alternate nighttime activity will be provided to Guests on those departures.

I was checking out the ABD board and found that there is now a shorter version of the Southern California schedule. Just looking around the ABD site I noticed that one of the experiences they offer is a VIP WOC viewing. At the bottom of the page there is a note that WOC would be under refurbishment on their May 3rd schedule, so that is the show on the 5th. I am assuming that is because of Grad Nite on that day - but I thought even with a Grad Nite WOC was still showing, the kids just get their own WOC during their party. This is how they worded it -

PLEASE NOTE: World of Color will be closed for refurbishment during the following Disneyland Resort and Southern California Short Escape departures:
  • April 19 and April 26, 2018
  • May 3, 2018
An alternate nighttime activity will be provided to Guests on those departures.
This doesn't appear to be affecting the regular ABD Backstage Magic which departs on April 1 and May 20. I've been wondering if they were going to need to drain paradise bay at some point with the construction going on.

I was able to book a WOC dining package at Carthay Circle on 4/11 but am still waiting for Fantasmic dining to show up for anything past 4/7.

Bumping this up, because they provided more details: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/di...onoma-terrace-paint-the-night-parade-viewing/

Bright Sights, Small Bites and Thou

Savor a delicious way to watch Paint the Night—from one of the most parade-perfect seats in the house.

Want to end your day on a dazzling note? Beginning April 13, Sonoma Terrace welcomes kids of all ages to experience our Paint the Night Parade—an electrifying after-dark extravaganza—like never before. And this spectacular cavalcade returns to Disney California Adventure Park just in time for Pixar Fest!

During an unforgettable evening, Guests can take in the parade from a unique vantage point while sampling a sweet-and-savory menu selection and sipping wine, beer or nonalcoholic beverages. The pièce de résistance? Bring home a luscious truffle assortment sure to make you swoon.

Each Paint the Night Reception Package Includes:

• A charcuterie tray and desserts served with wine, beer, Coca-Cola or other non-alcoholic beverages—plus boxed truffles to enjoy later
  • Reserved seating in the preferred viewing area (one seat provided for each Reception package purchased)
Event Details
  • Sonoma Terrace at Disney California Adventure Park
  • Guests can check in 60 minutes prior to scheduled Paint the Night performance time
  • $79 per person (tax and gratuity included)
  • Separate theme park admission required and is not included in the package price
  • Alcohol is served to Guests age 21 and older with valid ID
  • Reservations accepted with a credit card guarantee
  • Same-day reservations are limited and subject to availability
  • To book, call (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463
  • Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call
  • Cancellations received within 72 hours of event start will be charged full package price
You can book already, though I think the first day is sold out. From what it sounds like, you may be watching the parade from an elevated spot ("unique vantage point"), which IMHO, isn't ideal. I like watching it from the ground so you can really get into the action and lights! I'll probably wait to see reviews and what food is included before I book (even though I'd love the seated spot for WOC dessert party, I'd only eat like 1/3 of the desserts, so it'd be a waste).

Sold out for our nights before I even found out...bummer. I really want our kids to see PTN, but we will be there the first two nights it’s back and I imagine it will be packed! That doesn’t mean they won’t see it; however, I don’t know how much park time they’ll be willing to give up in order to get a good viewing location.

I'm not sure if the first three days are truly sold out or if they just never loaded the reservation times. I was kind of checking everyday last week since I'll be there starting April 16 to get an idea if the WOC parties would load or if the sonoma terrace PTN would replace them, so I was on at 6 am on Thursday morning to see the sonoma there for the first time, and Friday-Monday were blue, but Friday-Sunday were not available even then. Monday was and still is. I booked it to be safe since it's the night I was planning WOC if it had been available.

I'm not sure if the first three days are truly sold out or if they just never loaded the reservation times. I was kind of checking everyday last week since I'll be there starting April 16 to get an idea if the WOC parties would load or if the sonoma terrace PTN would replace them, so I was on at 6 am on Thursday morning to see the sonoma there for the first time, and Friday-Monday were blue, but Friday-Sunday were not available even then. Monday was and still is. I booked it to be safe since it's the night I was planning WOC if it had been available.
I wouldn’t be surprised if that actually is the case. At WDW’s, MNSSHP, they had a fireworks dessert party. The first day was media invite only, so even though it’d appear in blue, there wouldn’t be any availability. Maybe something like that? Get some blogger reviews in to help promote it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter