Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

I think the inconsistency is the worst. It should not be happening at this point any longer.

Since we still have owners being told no, the official terms and conditions on the website must still beI in play.

I myself called today to inquire, even though I am a blue card on one but white on the other. The CM stated blue card is required..well said you must be eligible for membership magic.

When I asked why others who are not have been not only allowed to purchase the voucher but it’s being activated at the park, was told it should not be happening that way

So there is still no clear application of what the rule is supposed to be and even now MS seems to be allowing for some and not others.

IMO, it’s a mess and should be straightened out. Either enforce it or remove the language from DVC website and update all CMs

I literally clapped when I read this.

So how is this different from white card members benefiting from dining/merch discounts? I'm new to DVC, but in doing research prior to buying in I routinely came across posts and info from other sites about white card members routinely being able to get dining/merch discounts even though it's only a blue card benefit, with most claiming that it's an issue of CMs not being trained. However, no one really seems to care that white card members are benefiting from those discounts. But it seems based on some of the posts in this thread that sorcerer's pass availability to white card members is treated as a more serious/egregious problem that goes beyond a training CMs issue and that rules/language should be revised. To me, it just sounds like the same problem (business units not talking to each other--which isn't unique to DIsney--combined with CMs not knowing the difference between white/blue when members are purchasing in person), but since bigger discounts are involved people seem to have stronger opinions on the issue. Is this a fair characterization or am I missing something?

So how is this different from white card members benefiting from dining/merch discounts? I'm new to DVC, but in doing research prior to buying in I routinely came across posts and info from other sites about white card members routinely being able to get dining/merch discounts even though it's only a blue card benefit, with most claiming that it's an issue of CMs not being trained. However, no one really seems to care that white card members are benefiting from those discounts. But it seems based on some of the posts in this thread that sorcerer's pass availability to white card members is treated as a more serious/egregious problem that goes beyond a training CMs issue and that rules/language should be revised. To me, it just sounds like the same problem (business units not talking to each other--which isn't unique to DIsney--combined with CMs not knowing the difference between white/blue when members are purchasing in person), but since bigger discounts are involved people seem to have stronger opinions on the issue. Is this a fair characterization or am I missing something?
It may just boil down to underpaid overworked cast members not caring if you have a blue or white card.

I think that the outcry stems from direct buyers who made their purchasing decision based on the AP discount. If DVC's only distinction between direct and resale was where you can use your points, how many would have opted to save money and bought resale? It was the (potential) AP discount that tipped the scales for a lot of buyers.

But having said that, I believe that this is just a classic example of one hand not knowing what the other is doing. I think that there is no intention on the part of DVC to extend the discount to "white card" members, but the parks division hasn't clued their frontline workers in on the difference.

I think most posting here have an issue with the fact that the rules state one thing and they are inconsistent in applying them.

Plenty of white card owners are denied the merchandise discounts as they are not technically allowed.

Same with this pass. Per DVC it’s only available for those with the blue card and we now have white card owners being denied while others are being allowed.

The whole change to the program of restricting resale owners from these things was for direct sales. It wasn’t always like that. If they want discounts to be blue card only, then they need to enforce it by putting something on the white card that says “Not eligible for discounts, including special APs” to ensure it’s applied consistently.

It should not be luck of the draw in terms of someone getting this pass when the official terms and conditions say something different.

I just want to add I have read a recent report that someone was told via ticketing on the phone that a blue card, not white will be required to activate the pass.

So, it is possible we will see some changes coming. Just think anyone with a white card needs to be aware!

I stumbled across this thread after an experience purchasing annual passes on the phone today. I am a white card holder, and I called the main WDW line to purchase annual passes for my family. I normally would buy them online, but I was purchasing with gift cards and wasn't able to do that online. I told the agent that I wanted to purchase the Incredi-pass, having already come to terms with this being the only option as an out-of-state white card holder. She looked up my profile and saw that I was a DVC member (I never mentioned this or even asked about DVC options). Then she sold me the Sorceror's Pass without explaining the differences or even asking if I wanted it instead of the Incredi-pass (the blackout dates do not matter to me, but obviously they do to many people). Had I not known the prices going in, I wouldn't have even noticed that I was sold something other than what I asked for.

Our trip isn't for two more months. I am hoping I am able to activate the passes with my white card, as the savings for my family is substantial. I live about 6-7 hours away, so the thought has crossed my mind of driving down to activate the passes before they change their mind about my eligibility.

The whole interaction was just very odd. Perhaps I got lucky, or perhaps this will be a huge point of stress to kick off our trip in December.

I stumbled across this thread after an experience purchasing annual passes on the phone today. I am a white card holder, and I called the main WDW line to purchase annual passes for my family. I normally would buy them online, but I was purchasing with gift cards and wasn't able to do that online. I told the agent that I wanted to purchase the Incredi-pass, having already come to terms with this being the only option as an out-of-state white card holder. She looked up my profile and saw that I was a DVC member (I never mentioned this or even asked about DVC options). Then she sold me the Sorceror's Pass without explaining the differences or even asking if I wanted it instead of the Incredi-pass (the blackout dates do not matter to me, but obviously they do to many people). Had I not known the prices going in, I wouldn't have even noticed that I was sold something other than what I asked for.

Our trip isn't for two more months. I am hoping I am able to activate the passes with my white card, as the savings for my family is substantial. I live about 6-7 hours away, so the thought has crossed my mind of driving down to activate the passes before they change their mind about my eligibility.

The whole interaction was just very odd. Perhaps I got lucky, or perhaps this will be a huge point of stress to kick off our trip in December.
Not a bad idea if you don’t mind all the driving!
We arrive by car on October 22nd. First park day is next day. Safe to say the first thing I will be doing is trying for the sorcerer’s pass. Good luck!

Good luck to you - so many white card members have bought the Sorcerer's pass in recent weeks that there will be many posts to come about success (or not) activating them at GR. Monitor these boards!

Yes… I’ve even thought about choosing a cheap flight date and flying down by myself to activate. We are about a 12 hour drive so driving is a no go. Good luck activating your tickets! 🍀

I am a white card member and have a Platinum Pass which expires the end of November. I called a ticketing phone number that someone had recommended on a DVC Facebook group that was good for bridging tickets. Since I was a renewal, I decided to try there. I was on hold for 1 1/2 hours but I was able to renew my Platinum Pass with the Sorcerer Pass with no problems at all :) He took down my DVC membership number and even linked my new Sorcerer Pass to My Disney Experience account :love:

If there no difference, everyone will just buy resale, when disney realizes why they are losing contracts to resale they will inevitably put out even more restrictions imo

Disney has been upping the restrictions for years now. I would be interested to know the impact of said restrictions. Is the consensus that they continue to do so because it’s working and more people buy direct or are the restrictions not forcing enough people into direct so they add more restrictions? For our family and resort choice direct was double the price so it just didn’t make sense. I would have to buy all 4 of us annual passes for over a decade to get my money’s worth and we don’t usually purchase them anyway. Plus when my kids are grown they can buy their own. 😂

I would say taking away the blue card perks didn’t work that well hence the resale restrictions on RIV and anything after. Don’t think those are working super well either but dvd may think differently

Successful purchase and activation of Sorcerer passes with white card last night at MK guest relations! The CM offered me the choice of Incredipass or Sorcerer.

We're new resale owners, this is our first trip since purchase. Yesterday we were asked, are you DVC? Several times at points of purchase, showed white card on phone. 100% success rate for discounts. I thought we might feel like second class citizens with white card, but that has not been the case!

The new levels of AP were rushed out for the 50th. Many cast members are new and not well trained. Disney needed people to fill positions quickly. Details were sketchy, even for those of us wanting to activate a Gold Pass we bought earlier this year. I got several different answers from cast members about whether my inactivated Gold pass would be honored for my existing Thanksgiving week park reservations. After SEVERAL phone calls, telling me everything from "You'll be fine" to "Oh no, you now need to pay for a "Two day pass to fill in your Reservations" I finally got someone with authority in guest recovery to fix the situation.

Last edited:
I just had a thought. All blue cards expire end of the year. They said a new digital option is coming.

I now wonder if we will see a change where those not eligible for discounts will no longer be given anything?

No more white vs blue? Just those eligible for discounts will have something as those not eligible really don’t need it for anything.

I just had a thought. All blue cards expire end of the year. They said a new digital option is coming.

I now wonder if we will see a change where those not eligible for discounts will no longer be given anything?

No more white vs blue? Just those eligible for discounts will have something as those not eligible really don’t need it for anything.

I think that's exactly what's going to happen. By going digital, they can better control that blue card and there will be no white card.

Or maybe those with White Cards will have something that just shows their number with a notation that it is not valid for ticket media discount or shopping perks. I'm hoping for a system that ties all discount eligibility into magic band accounts, and discounts are automatically applied when they are scanned. That could include AP Discounts, TiW, and so forth. But knowing Disney IT, I'm thinking the former option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter