Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

I’m interested to know more- how was it recognized that they were not FL residents? Were you at the taps with linked into MDE and they ask for proof of residence or picking up at will call?
We had the passes in my wife’s MDE. We did not have MBs, and wanted a hard ticket for admisión. The CM at the tapstyles directed us over to the ticket booth at International Gateway. They indeed asked for IDs.

I know this is an older thread now, but I was successful in getting a Sorcerer DVC pass yesterday. I asked if I could upgrade my 7 day park hopper to the DVC pass. She asked to see my membership, so I went in the Disney World app, went to My Profile, then Memberships. She saw my DVC membership and quoted me a price to upgrade. This was at Guest Relations at International Gateway at Epcot. Your mileage may vary!
Thanks for that - what was your renewal price for the sorcerer pass?
Mine just expired two weeks ago, so I'm still within the renewal window. Debating waiting to start fresh, or keep rolling with the AP.
We have the Blue DVC card, so *should* be good....
thanks!

I know this is an older thread now, but I was successful in getting a Sorcerer DVC pass yesterday. I asked if I could upgrade my 7 day park hopper to the DVC pass. She asked to see my membership, so I went in the Disney World app, went to My Profile, then Memberships. She saw my DVC membership and quoted me a price to upgrade. This was at Guest Relations at International Gateway at Epcot. Your mileage may vary!
Are you white card?

I was speaking to the “Blue Card Brigade” that gets offended whenever something like this happens and it becomes their life mission to bellyache about it. Seems some people thrive on it.
I think anyone who owns DVC and pays their dues should be entitled to perks like AP discounts, etc. They are carrying their share of the MF load just like I am.
I agree wholeheartedly.We all pay dues so we should all be allowed to play:)

I agree wholeheartedly.We all pay dues so we should all be allowed to play:)
The Discounts and Moonlight Magic Events, among other things are not a function of, nor are funded by, dues. They are negotiated by DVC Marketing looking to increase direct sales. How would granting the discounts to resale purchasers accomplish that goal?

The Discounts and Moonlight Magic Events, among other things are not a function of, nor are funded by, dues. They are negotiated by DVC Marketing looking to increase direct sales. How would granting the discounts to resale purchasers accomplish that goal?
Chuck I thought the conversation was about AP's.

The ability to purchase the DVC Sorcerer APs is one of the Blue Card benefits that was negotiated by DVC Marketing. Not a benefit funded by dues. By law, dues may only be used to pay for the resort upkeep, taxes, ultilities and refurbishments., with a percentage going to pay for Member Services, club manangement fees, reserve fund, and the DVC Reservation system.

Last edited:
The ability to purchase the DVC Sorcerer APs is one of the Blue Card benefits that was negotiated by DVC Marketing. Not a benefit funded by dues. By law, dues may only be used to pay for the resort upkeep, taxes, ultilities and refurbishments., with a percentage going to pay for Member Services, club manangement fees, reserve fund, and the DVC Reservation system.
That's not what I meant ,but thank you .

It was...it was about allowing all DVC owners to have access to the Sorcerer Pass, and the reason that it is under membership magic is because DVD and WDPR negotiate a deal as to who can get it and if it was open to all DVC owners, it may not exist for any of us because the extra that is negotiated to cover the difference (assuming there is one) is based on potential guests eligible.

It was...it was about allowing all DVC owners to have access to the Sorcerer Pass, and the reason that it is under membership magic is because DVD and WDPR negotiate a deal as to who can get it and if it was open to all DVC owners, it may not exist for any of us because the extra that is negotiated to cover the difference (assuming there is one) is based on potential guests eligible.
Well that makes more sense, thanx Sandi.:)

I can verify the blue card freebies were "fixed" sometime ago. My card has said "DVC ND, AP" for a LOOONG time. And when we went to renew the Sorceress Pass the second time(literally 13 months ago) it didn't work. I said thanks, pulled out my card and paid the full price.

I can verify the blue card freebies were "fixed" sometime ago. My card has said "DVC ND, AP" for a LOOONG time. And when we went to renew the Sorceress Pass the second time(literally 13 months ago) it didn't work. I said thanks, pulled out my card and paid the full price.
There's a person on several Facebook pages who's constantly telling resale buyers they can easily purchase the Sorcerer pass with no problems. Here's a copy of a recent post. I won't say their name, when it was posted, on which pages, or provide any links or any silly hints as to where to find it, but you get the gist:

Some of you neighbors may know I have advocated for all resale members to buy the Sorcerer AP pass in person at guest services instead of through member services. I have been buying for my family since 2021 and had no problem purchasing ( as many many others also report). However I have always renewed in person because once I called to renew and they transferred me to MS and I wasn’t able to renew on phone, (I went in person and did it instead).
Today I called as I needed to renew my grandsons pass and would not be able to go in person to do so timely. I am very happy to report I was able to easily renew over the phone with the AP department. No problem at all. I called 407-560-7277 and after a few questions to verify name and give my membership number the renewal was processed .
This is great news as I had previously booked a weekend trip to handle renewals but will no longer have to do this.
And:
I have found when buying or renewing at GS that’s all that is necessary and then just go in the park however when one is bought from MS then you may have to go to GS before entering the park. Because when you buy or renew at GS they are already checking the membership. Also GS did ask for my membership number which I gave so it has been verified both when purchased and renewed.

As I said, this person goes out of their way to reiterate how they do it at every opportunity. Considers' themselves an "advocate"...

Sorceror’s Card isn’t a “discount” though. It’s a little ridiculous that DVC favors Florida residents over DVC owners (including resale owners). Is the thought that DVD “pays” something for direct owners to be able to do this?

There's a person on several Facebook pages who's constantly telling resale buyers they can easily purchase the Sorcerer pass with no problems. Here's a copy of a recent post. I won't say their name, when it was posted, on which pages, or provide any links or any silly hints as to where to find it, but you get the gist:

And:

As I said, this person goes out of their way to reiterate how they do it at every opportunity. Considers' themselves an "advocate"...

Im not sure if that person is doing a trick/hack of some kind or not. In 2021 in was basically forced on blue card holders across the board.

I think it's pretty apparently that white-card members can get Sorcerer Pass if they reach the right cast member. I've know 3 different families who were able to upgrade their day tickets to DVC Sorcerer Passes.

Renewing though is generally not as automatic.

Sorceror’s Card isn’t a “discount” though. It’s a little ridiculous that DVC favors Florida residents over DVC owners (including resale owners). Is the thought that DVD “pays” something for direct owners to be able to do this?
Technically correct, it is not a discount.

It is however a discount for those of us who do not reside in FL and would have to purchase the incredipass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter