Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom-4 and 6 a good age?

ChrystieFite

Earning My Ears
We will be going to Disney the end of November and have not done Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom before. Will a 4 and 6 year old enjoy it?

My kids did it at 3 & 5 and they loved it. I had to help them out a bit, but it was super fun for them.

My husband and I played it for the first time during our visit last month. We wanted to try things we hadn't done before.

If you do the easy/beginner level your kids will enjoy it. They can be partners and play as a team and that will be faster for you. They can use any cards (they can each hold some up) and defeat the villains.

We played beginner one day and medium level another day. I was tired of the game mid-day on medium level.

The game sends you back and forth in one section of the park at a time until you defeat that particular villain. I think you have to defeat 9 villains total to win the game which takes quite a bit of time but you can stretch it out over several days.

My kids (9 & 5) loved it. They had fun playing and collecting the cards. I liked collecting the cards!

My then 4 y/o loved it on our first trip, and still loves it now a few years later. As mentioned above, you may need to help, but they should be old enough fo enjoy it.

Another favorite along those lines is Agent P's World Showcase Adventure at Epcot, if they really enjoy Sorcerers.

Our kids have been playing it for years. They all enjoy it and eagerly await their daily card pack. With 4 kids the hardest part for our crew is taking turns flashing their cards at each window.

My daughter was 5 when she played and loved it. The best part for her was collecting and trading cards.

This sounds fun! How long does it take?
It depends in the pace you do it at, whether you follow it through in one go or do it in bits round other attractions and whether you are keen to finish it or not. We played it for around 6 hours in 2015 but my kids loved and they wanted to do it every day. We didn’t finish but that was a glitch as we had a number of villains twice. We are going to finish it next week :)

Equally, if you want to collect cards, play it for 5 minutes and decide it is not your cup of tea then you can just stop and have some cute cards as souvenirs.

If you find that SotMK is not a good fit, I recommend giving the Pirate's Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas a try.

We did this with our nieces, 8 and 10. Each adventure is pretty quick, and completing two adventures gets you FP for PotC. (Our nieces really got into the whole FP thing and liked the idea of "winning" some). Two adventures kept their attention, but didn't command a ton of time. (Also gave mom and dad a chance to sit and rest). Since it's all contained in Adventureland, it saved a little wear and tear on the feet too.

My DH and I had done some Pirate's Adventures on our last trip for "something different" and we really enjoyed the real-world special effects at each station. They are well-done and add to the theme in Adventureland, IMO.

My DS loved it at that age! I would also recommend the Pirate's Adventure in MK and Wilderness Explorer's in AK. My DS is more of an experiential kid and would rather do things than just sit on a ride and these were perfect activities for him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter