• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest Airlines-my new favorite

gfolchick

DIS Veteran
We flew for the first time on Southwest last Monday from Hartford-MCO. I won't go back to the NY airports any time soon. It was great. You step into the airport and you are at the gate. We had left our car at Executive Valet so they drop you off at the door, step inside and you're there! Great if you're traveling with kids (we weren't this time). The staff was very friendly, we had no problems getting a seat (we were in the first group but our flight was only half-full anyway). We got a great fare ($75 rt) and we were on time taking off/landing. No problems. On the return flight the incoming flight was delayed so the attendants made sure everyones ID/Bags were checked in your line and let us board as soon as the last person got off the arriving flight. They made up the time and we only ended up being 5 minutes late. We can't wait to fly them again in January!

Thats great! We also fly SWA and go out of BDL more than any other airport.
We have also used Executive to park and fly! No problems with any thing....and we were running VERY late on one trip but Executive wisked us right over to the curb side check in. I highly recomend them.
Do you have your air for January already? I am looking for good fares for february on SWA.
I wanted to use one way travel because we plan to arrive and depart Florida in different locations but it is just too expensive that way.
Did you get $75. r/t fot Jan. as well?
Our trip last month cost that but it was out of MHT and to Tampa.

denisenh:
I paid a little bit more, just $109 rt.
We had actually been considering driving or auto train but when these fares came along we said what the heck, lets fly.

gfolchick, thanks for your reply. That is still a hard to pass up fare. I will have to keep checking fares!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter