Southwest airlines questions

pluto, wish we could get a card like that here....in canada....oh well....have to stick with my visa gold card and points for "merchandise"

just to clarify about online booking......if you do an online booking and ......fly round trip.......it would be 4 credits ( with double credits ).....so you just need 4 roundtrips to get an award voucher.....essentially 2 credits for every "one way trip" if booked on the net

Just another word of advise with Southwest.
Try to get Non-stop flights. Otherwise you have to get
in line again at your Layover airport.
I to hate the lines, this past trip someone started a line 2 hours
before the plane arrived, before you know it thier were so many
people in line. Then he went right to the gate with his number 1
card. If I have a card with 30 and under I will not wait in line till they start
boarding. :)

Joe

Thanks for all this info......I did check the rapid rewards info on the Southwest sight. Seems pretty good---my concern was that the points have to be accumulated in 12 months.

I applied for the credit card, so that might help----maybe I will just HAVE to purchase an add-on at the BCV with that credit card!!!!

I would only use Southwest for a NS flight to avoid the waiting again.

Thanks again!!!!

starting 2/04 - SW just added another flight from MCO - ISP nonstop - leaves at 6pm.

Perfect!!!!!!!

You must have gotten one of ours. There is now only one nonstop to Orlando from Albany. There are still two nonstops on the way back.

You must have gotten one of ours. There is now only one nonstop to Orlando from Albany. There are still two nonstops on the way back.

It depends on if they are full on a certain day..for instance, Jan 6 - begiing of Feb from Albany to Orlando aren't full, so they still show the two N/S. Once they fill up, they will pull them from the on line booking. It sometimes takes them a few days. At this time, they are still flying two nonstops..you just might not see it if they are full.

I have not had problems with seats out of Orlando since I think a lot of their flights start from there. Some of the flights out of Nashville do have lots of people on them already when you board, but the price is right.

You could try the method I saw last time I was in Orlando (which I actually laughed at!) Mother stands at the counter (she got there more than 90 min before the plane was suppose to leave and was #1) Dad stands at the boarding area (first in line!) Of course since the plane was empty when I got on (I was one of the last of the first boarding group) I thought they had wasted a LOT of effort! Also, this won't work if another plane is going out of your gate.

I have never seen SW let people board ahead of their group and I would complain if I did. However, that does NOT seem to stop the person with boarding pass 189 standing directly in front of the boarding area so that everyone has to push by him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter