Southwest Early Bird Checkin

We were the first flight out and the last flight home as well this past week and both were completely full. I think if you check in at exactly 24 hours you wouldn't have trouble with getting three seats together but we did EBCI for peace of mind. I'll use it again for sure. Good luck with whatever you decide!! I'm sure you'll be fine!

I think what I'll do is wing it on the way down and if it's bad, then I'll buy the EBCI for the return flight once I get down to Disney.

I'm so torn whether to buy it or not? :confused: I don't care if I'm in the last row, I just want three seats together. :guilty: ughh....I'm the first flight out and the last flight home, so I'm thinking those are typically the least crowded.

It's been my experience that the last flight out is usually full. If you don't care if you are in the last row, and you can checkin at the 24 hour mark, you don't need to purchase it. You'll most likely get in the early to mid B boarding group and you can get 3 seats together in that group as long as you don't mind going towards the back.

I'm so torn whether to buy it or not? :confused: I don't care if I'm in the last row, I just want three seats together. :guilty: ughh....I'm the first flight out and the last flight home, so I'm thinking those are typically the least crowded.

Watching flights from MHT to MCO, that first flight out is always the first one to sell out as is the last flight back to MHT. Fare sales never seem to be affecting these flights as there are already enough people buying seats. These are also my preferred flights, most likely for the same reason you like them. Many others like them for the exact same reason as well. When looking at PVD, this seemed to be true there as well.

That being said, as long as you're online at T-24, I would expect to get mid Bs at the worst which still means getting 3 seats together.

For return flights, I love EBCI simply because I don't want to worry about where I'll be at exactly T-24 and I don't have anybody back home as obsessive compulsive as I am regarding getting me checked in. LOL

For my trips last week....I did not purchase EBCI either way and both flights were completely sold out. On the way from PVD to MCO on 5/1 I checked in exactly T-24 and got C boarding passes. We were able to family board though between groups A and B and my DH and DD got the first row. For my DH, he loved the extra leg room but my DD7 had to stow her carryon overhead so she wasn't so thrilled. My DS2 and myself got row 3. On the way from MCO to PVD on 5/8 I forgot to check in. I checked in about 14 hours in advance and we got the B group...again a sold out flight. Again, we did family boarding. This time, I opted to sit behind the wing. A flight attendant did ask the gentleman sitting next to my DH if he would mind moving further back to accommodate a child with their parent. He had not problem moving. The dad and daughter sat down. The mom then got mad at my DH for not moving. I explained he was with us and I needed his help with my two children. She stormed away in a huff to take a seat somewhere else. The girl (looked to be about 10) was still with her dad and they both slept the entire flight so I don't think it bothered either one of them. We are a family of 4 so either way we are split up somehow; whether by an aisle or other seats. Interestingly, I didn't notice seat saving either. The flight attendants did announce that people could sit in any seat not already claimed by other passengers so I think that helped.

NO EBCI AUS To MDW A32 and A36 second leg. On the return A45 I checked 9 min after the 24hrs.

For my trips last week....I did not purchase EBCI either way and both flights were completely sold out. On the way from PVD to MCO on 5/1 I checked in exactly T-24 and got C boarding passes.

C's scare me (must be a throwback to school days hehe)... What day of the week was this? Wondering if it was full of business travelers.

We were able to family board though between groups A and B and my DH and DD got the first row. For my DH, he loved the extra leg room but my DD7 had to stow her carryon overhead so she wasn't so thrilled. My DS2 and myself got row 3.

That's awesome that those seats were open still.

On the way from MCO to PVD on 5/8 I forgot to check in. I checked in about 14 hours in advance and we got the B group...again a sold out flight. Again, we did family boarding. This time, I opted to sit behind the wing.

B's are good, particularly for T-14

A flight attendant did ask the gentleman sitting next to my DH if he would mind moving further back to accommodate a child with their parent. He had not problem moving. The dad and daughter sat down. The mom then got mad at my DH for not moving. I explained he was with us and I needed his help with my two children. She stormed away in a huff to take a seat somewhere else. The girl (looked to be about 10) was still with her dad and they both slept the entire flight so I don't think it bothered either one of them.

It only takes one sour grape to ruin a bunch doesn't it. Sounds like the girl and her dad were relieved not to be sitting with her :rotfl:

C's scare me (must be a throwback to school days hehe)... What day of the week was this? Wondering if it was full of business travelers.

That's awesome that those seats were open still.

B's are good, particularly for T-14

It only takes one sour grape to ruin a bunch doesn't it. Sounds like the girl and her dad were relieved not to be sitting with her :rotfl:

It was on a Saturday, non stop flight leaving at 9:30 am getting to MCO around noon.

For our flight down out of Islip, we did not purchase the EBCI. We are a family of 4 (my 14 year old nephew is joining us). We will rely on the 24 hr online check-in. We have 2 adults and 2 teens so I feel confident that we will find seating for us to sit 2 and 2.

For our flight coming home, we DID purchase the EBCI, but mostly for convenience. I do not like having to watch the clock the day before while in a park and then stop what I am doing to stand on line to check in. I do not have the cell phone option. :dance3:

It was on a Saturday, non stop flight leaving at 9:30 am getting to MCO around noon.

Thanks! So chances are there were very few business travelers and a good number of travelers purchased EBCI.... hmm... pvd people are too anxious - myself included :rotfl:

Thanks! So chances are there were very few business travelers and a good number of travelers purchased EBCI.... hmm... pvd people are too anxious - myself included :rotfl:

On the flight down to MCO there was one person that boarded with business. His wife was so rude when they said she couldn't board with him. She did family boarding even though it was obvious her DD was older than 4. She kept trying to cut people in teh family boarding line. She turned to me and said, "it doesn't really matter when I board because my husband is already on there holding seats so we're going to be sitting up front anyway." I was so glad when I got on and the first row was open.

I think there weren't that many people that did EBCI on the way down. Thing is, if a lot of people do it you are going to end up with B passes anyway. I don't think this is the greatest program unless they assign seats as well.

On both flights, people didn't have issues finding 2 seats together at all. 3 seats together became tough mid C's.

Watching flights from MHT to MCO, that first flight out is always the first one to sell out as is the last flight back to MHT. Fare sales never seem to be affecting these flights as there are already enough people buying seats. These are also my preferred flights, most likely for the same reason you like them. Many others like them for the exact same reason as well. When looking at PVD, this seemed to be true there as well.

I've noticed that today, SW dropped their prices on some of the flights for our dates in July, from $154 to $114. Our flight to WDW dropped, but our flight home didn't. Hmmm...I'm guessing that our flight down is less crowded, at this point anyways. :thumbsup2

I've noticed that today, SW dropped their prices on some of the flights for our dates in July, from $154 to $114. Our flight to WDW dropped, but our flight home didn't. Hmmm...I'm guessing that our flight down is less crowded, at this point anyways. :thumbsup2

You're lucky. My flights didn't change at all even though many of the others on the same days did. At first I thought I was going to save on our flight down but then I realized I did my search for only 1 person and when I increased my number, the $114 price went away. There was only 1 seat left at $114. I even tried looking at the few days before our departure and the few days after our return to see if I could score cheaper seats (hey, a couple extra days at WDW wouldn't hurt) but nope, nothing cheaper for my times.

Congratulations!

We are flying Buffalo to Orlando on May 17th, departing at 12:45, nonstop. I just checked and it says the flight is sold out. :scared1: I did not purchase EBCI for the way down but will absolutely be checking in at T-24. It's just my mom and I, so as long as we can get 2 seats together, we'll be fine. I did purchase EBCI for our return trip May 28th, nonstop, departing at 1:00. I'll be sure to post how we do in both cases!

We purchased EBCI for our return trip this past Tuesday and got A20 and 21.
Even with about 7 people in front of us who were in Business Select, we were able to get our coveted exit row seats! :thumbsup2

I bought EBCI for all three of us both ways, a first for us. I just do not want to deal with "where will I be at the 24 hour mark! I guess that mans I just print out the boarding passes when I can before arriving at airport, right? We will likely not give our luggage in for ME either way. It just works better for us.

I bought EBCI for all three of us both ways, a first for us. I just do not want to deal with "where will I be at the 24 hour mark! I guess that mans I just print out the boarding passes when I can before arriving at airport, right? We will likely not give our luggage in for ME either way. It just works better for us.

Or you can just print it at the kiosk after you arrive at the airport.

No EBCI for my Vegas trip. Both check-ins made exactly at 24 hours. Outgoing flight got A-37, but for the flight home it was B-2. However, with the B-2 I got an exit row seat. A-37 did not get one because there were a bunch of guys traveling who were A-list and they got all the exit seats.

How does this work if your flight is not a direct flight and you have to change planes? Would you need to pay for it twice on the way to Orlando and twice on the way back?:confused3

How does this work if your flight is not a direct flight and you have to change planes? Would you need to pay for it twice on the way to Orlando and twice on the way back?:confused3

I am certain you pay only once in you have connections. When I checked in at 24hr it gave me boarding passes for both flights, they were A32 and A38 for the second leg. Good luck.:)

Just checked in at T-24 for our nonstop Buffalo to Orlando. The flight is sold out. We got A40 & A41. Not too bad! I'll let you know how we do on the way back with EBCI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter