Southwest is giving 50,000 points again

Just signed up.....and my wife will be soon as well.

100K points will be more than enough for the 4 of us to fly to Disney!

It's actually the same offer. Look here:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/octrrhome

Look at the paragraph under the header for "2 FREE FLIGHTS!" and you'll see. :thumbsup2

Now, I really don't need another credit card, seeing as I just got my Chase Freedom card not too long ago, I have a Capitol One card that I never use anymore, and a Sears Mastercard I've yet to activate. (I might even have a New York & Company card, but again, I never activated it because honestly, I got it just for the promotion they had. It was like, $20 off every $50 you spend if you use the card. I was too tempted lol)

I really REALLY want this card, because it'd make my goal for having enough money for Christmas at Disney 2012 that much closer. I'm just worried I have too many cards. I mean, I can balance spending with them, and I know I won't go overboard because of the fact that I have so many (and I'm responsible with spending), but just for credit reasons, I'm nervous. I need a second opinion before I jump into this. :confused3

The offer for 2 roundtrip tickets (or more if you have an already low point fare) for $69 is a good deal. But if you can not handle credit cards and they allow you to spend, carry a balance, and pay interest - this is not for you. Only get a credit card if you can pay it off every month.

As good as it sounds- I keep putting off applying because I'm worried about getting all 4 of our tickets together using these points. It sounds easy enough, but what if I find the "Wanna Get Away" fare for the dates I want, can I buy the ($10?) prefered seating/boarding per ticket even on these low fares?

So afraid to split up the family (grandparents and 2 kids) as I am so used to choosing our seats for us.

I know this was already answered but let me tell you that I am a frequent flier on Southwest. I completely understand the desire to sit your family together! Keep in mind that if you have any children 5 or under, they will seat you before the 'b' set and you will get seats together. And if by any chance you get in the last seating, usually kind strangers will move to let you sit next to each other. BUT I know you are concerned so yes, you can buy those preferred boarding passes.

Just signed up.....and my wife will be soon as well.

100K points will be more than enough for the 4 of us to fly to Disney!

I like the way you think!

I am soooo tempted to do this. I've gotten both an email offer and a mail offer, as we normally fly SW for vacations when possible.

I only have one credit card that I've had for about 8 years and no other credit cards since then. Yeah, I'm boring like that. :rotfl:

Who can't use free flights? Especially for when we get a desire to go somewhere ~ then we won't need to worry about flights. ;)

You've all talked me into it. I'm going to apply. :)

I have been debating but just signed up my husband since I love my card so much. He has a personal card that he really only uses for my birthday/christmas purchases but it really doens't get any rewards. 50,000 points is just to good to pass up. We'll decide next year if it is worth it to keep it open and pay the annual fee another year since we use mine for all our normal purchases.

My dh and I signed up as well. He thinks it's too good to be true, but I told him several of my "DIS friends" have done it! We will never carry a balance, but it will be our grocery/gas card which we will pay off weekly. We have a trip to Colorado and a trip to Disney planned for 2013, I am hoping this will cover most of all the flights we need! Then accumulating more miles just by buying food and gas for future flights!

If you apply online, how soon do you find out if you've been approved?

Mine was within 15 seconds. I hit submit...and waited about 10 seconds for the "your application has been approved, blah blah blah" to come through.

My dh and I were both approved instantly. It calculated for about 2 seconds, then said we were approved.

My dh and I signed up as well. He thinks it's too good to be true, but I told him several of my "DIS friends" have done it! We will never carry a balance, but it will be our grocery/gas card which we will pay off weekly. We have a trip to Colorado and a trip to Disney planned for 2013, I am hoping this will cover most of all the flights we need! Then accumulating more miles just by buying food and gas for future flights!

I pay EVERYTHING on this card, just like I would with my Debit Card. I just keep deducting the amounts out of my check book like I was sending a check or paying with the debit card. Once every week or two I then transfer the money over to Chase. You would not believe how quickly the points are racking up just for paying our normal bills.

We have another card that we use for our more "out of the norm" expenses because I don't like to comingle everyday expenses with them.

The offer for 2 roundtrip tickets (or more if you have an already low point fare) for $69 is a good deal. But if you can not handle credit cards and they allow you to spend, carry a balance, and pay interest - this is not for you. Only get a credit card if you can pay it off every month.

lol that's the thing, though. I pay off my cards, never go over what I think I can afford, and I'm pretty responsible with them. I'm just worried that I have too MANY cards, despite the fact that I use them responsibly. I mean, my credit score's pretty good, so after thinking about it, I may just take the plunge. One of the drawbacks of my family and I traveling is the cost of flights and such. This would really help. And really, that annual fee is nothing. :cutie:

I didn't get an approval message so I'm thinking the thanks but no thanks letter is in the mail. I already have 2 cc's from Chase so that is probably why.

Can I use my points to buy flights for other family members (we pay for kids and grandkids flights)? Do I get rewards for all tickets purchased or only my flight? I was surprised that I could add the flight I purchased last month but didn't yet take to earn points as well as some previous flights. They said "we will add your points etc".within X weeks but I don't know if this was an auto response or all 3 previous flights that I entered will earn points. PS:I signed up for emails and supposedly will get 500 bonus points for doing so. PSS:I found a RR sign up code GNAVRPDRWDS for 250 points which I used and saw points instantly(but I have read elsewhere that everybody gets this, code or no code, but I cannot verify) Thanks for any and all responses.:flower3:

I didn't get an approval message so I'm thinking the thanks but no thanks letter is in the mail. I already have 2 cc's from Chase so that is probably why.

I have a feeling I'll be getting the same thing. I only have a small income from working part-time, my DH is the "breadwinner". I thought I would give it a shot and try to get a card in each our names, but listing my occupation as homemaker probably didn't get me very far. Funny thing is, I have excellent credit and have never had a problem opening any other accounts in just my name:confused3.

Can I use my points to buy flights for other family members (we pay for kids and grandkids flights)? Do I get rewards for all tickets purchased or only my flight? I was surprised that I could add the flight I purchased last month but didn't yet take to earn points as well as some previous flights. They said "we will add your points etc".within X weeks but I don't know if this was an auto response or all 3 previous flights that I entered will earn points. PS:I signed up for emails and supposedly will get 500 bonus points for doing so. PSS:I found a RR sign up code GNAVRPDRWDS for 250 points which I used and saw points instantly(but I have read elsewhere that everybody gets this, code or no code, but I cannot verify) Thanks for any and all responses.:flower3:

You can redeem points to buy tickets for whoever you want! If the price goes down you can rebook and the balance will be returned to your RR points and it will not be attached to those other people. If you cancel altogether then the points would be deposited back to your account as well.

If you purchase the tickets with your CC instead of points then you will get the RR points for the purchase (2-3x's the $$ amount). The actual points that you get for taking the flight will be given to each individual's own RR account. I don't think you get these points though if you purchase the ticket by redeeming points??:confused3

As for adding points from past flights you put in the request and it gets deposited into your account automatically. You may get an email confirming but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Ok, just tried opening one in DH's name and got the same "we'll let you know within 10 days" message. We have never been denied any sort of credit. But now I'm remembering a couple of years ago we had a Chase CC and we got a bunch of fraudulant charges on it, so we closed that account and Chase opened another one for us. We hadn't even received the new cards yet and immediately had fraudulant charges on that account as well. Now I vaguely remember putting some sort of hold with Chase so that no new accounts could be opened in our names.

Wondering if I need to just call and get this straightened out.

Now I can get almost the same deal for $69 annually? Just accruing a few less points annually for $70 a year. I signed up again - hopefully this time with no buyer's remorse. Honestly, I'm surprised my application was accepted, I only just cancelled the other one last month (guess we'll see if it arrives!!)[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling I'll be getting the same thing. I only have a small income from working part-time, my DH is the "breadwinner". I thought I would give it a shot and try to get a card in each our names, but listing my occupation as homemaker probably didn't get me very far. Funny thing is, I have excellent credit and have never had a problem opening any other accounts in just my name:confused3.

I read on a different message board that people who didn't get instant approval can call Chase and inquire. Often those people end up getting approved on the phone once a few questions are answered. It wouldn't hurt to try. Otherwise you might get that rejection letter in the mail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter