Southwest is giving 50,000 points again

So, I want my points NOW. I found decent airfare on days I want. They will probably hit my account on the 15th or 16th because my next closing date is March 14. My due date for that statement is April 11. Last night I tried moving my payment due date up by 2 days to 4/9 and that didn't have an effect on my closing date apparently. If I move it up farther, do you think it will change my closing date of 3/14 or will it only change the due date.

I'm just impatient now that I've decided on my dates!!!

So, I want my points NOW. I found decent airfare on days I want. They will probably hit my account on the 15th or 16th because my next closing date is March 14. My due date for that statement is April 11. Last night I tried moving my payment due date up by 2 days to 4/9 and that didn't have an effect on my closing date apparently. If I move it up farther, do you think it will change my closing date of 3/14 or will it only change the due date.

I'm just impatient now that I've decided on my dates!!!

Our dates won't be released until the first week of May so I still have time. Unfortunately, based on the last flights in October (we travel the first week of November), it looks like I won't want to use our points for our return flight anyway. The non-stop option departs at 9:30am and there is no way I am getting up at 5am on our last day. Our only later option will be arriving back at our airport at 10pm which is way too late. The only way we can swing it is if the grandparents can watch the kids for one more night. Otherwise, I will book the return on Delta which currently has a flight that departs at 1pm and lands at 5:30pm with only one layover. Those times are perfect so that's probably what will end up happening.

It's no big deal, though, since we are planning a trip next October. We'll have 4 tickets to buy for that trip so I will just save the points for later.

If we get this card (along with the 50,000 points) and I'm the only one in the family with a Rapid Rewards account, can I book Dh & DD's tickets using the points 50,000 points in my Rewards account?

If we get this card (along with the 50,000 points) and I'm the only one in the family with a Rapid Rewards account, can I book Dh & DD's tickets using the points 50,000 points in my Rewards account?

Yes. :thumbsup2

Yes, you can book whomever you want, with your points.
Or you can get one card, and your dh can get his own card, and his own account, and you can get twice as many :)

Thanks! :wave2:

How long after you reach $2,000 are the points added to an account?

Mine hit the same day my statement closed a couple of weeks ago. Others have stated theirs took a few extra days. It has been mentioned that the $$ for the annual fee does not count towards the $2000 requirement.

Mine hit the same day my statement closed a couple of weeks ago. Others have stated theirs took a few extra days. It has been mentioned that the $$ for the annual fee does not count towards the $2000 requirement.

Thanks again!

Well, I've bought our one way tickets to San Diego with DH's points. He has enough points to buy 2 of our return tickets, but I won't have my bonus points to buy the other 2 tickets with until next weekend. I am debating buying the 2 now while I know the price is good, but really nervous about not buying them all at once. I don't know what to do! Take my chances on buying them 2 and 2, or take my chances on the price going up in the next week on all 4?

Well, I've bought our one way tickets to San Diego with DH's points. He has enough points to buy 2 of our return tickets, but I won't have my bonus points to buy the other 2 tickets with until next weekend. I am debating buying the 2 now while I know the price is good, but really nervous about not buying them all at once. I don't know what to do! Take my chances on buying them 2 and 2, or take my chances on the price going up in the next week on all 4?

I would buy the 2 now, and then the other 2 next week. That way if the price goes up it will only be on 2 of them. If something changed, or they went down, you can get the points back for the other 2, and then book all 4.

DH and I booked our VEGAS tickets a couple days ago. After that I still have almost 20,000 points!

:)

DH has told me to put as much as I can on this credit card.

:lmao:

If we can do a Vegas trip once a year by using air miles, that would be super cool!

I haven't applied yet, but need to put our beach vacation on a card tomorrow. If I'm approved, can you charge on it quickly? it's been a LONG time since I've opened a CC account

thanks

marshallandcartersmo said:
I haven't applied yet, but need to put our beach vacation on a card tomorrow. If I'm approved, can you charge on it quickly? it's been a LONG time since I've opened a CC account

thanks

You cannot charge on it until you get the physical card in the mail. I actually called to ask LOL.

2binak said:
Thanks! :wave2:

How long after you reach $2,000 are the points added to an account?

When I get my SW cc last year, I called and requested that they move up my statement closing date, so the points were credited to my account sooner.

I just got my new SW card. If I book a Disneyland hotel for a December trip, will the 1-night's deposit that is immediately charged to the card count toward the $2000 you need to spend for the points? I just wondered since theoretically you could cancel the reservation after the 3 month time limit.

It does go right toward your $2000. I am not sure way would happen if you got refunded after you got your bonus points but if you cancel before the statement, it prob doesn't count towards the $2000. I just booked two Rooms for June and they counted :)

It does go right toward your $2000. I am not sure way would happen if you got refunded after you got your bonus points but if you cancel before the statement, it prob doesn't count towards the $2000. I just booked two Rooms for June and they counted :)

Thanks! We're planning a trip in December and though I don't usually book this early, I figured I could use it toward the $2000. Then I worried that it wouldn't count :rotfl:. I don't plan to cancel, I was just worried that something like that that could be cancelled wouldn't count until after the stay.

Do points expire at some point? I opened a SW card about a year ago but haven't used my 50k points yet.

Do points expire at some point? I opened a SW card about a year ago but haven't used my 50k points yet.

IIRC, you just have to have some kind of activity on your account every 18 mos. I may be confusing SWA with USAirways' Dividend Miles rules though.
Even if you don't still have the SWA cc, you can have "activity" by ordering flowers through SWA's website or shopping at any of the online stores in their shopping mall. It's so easy; just log into your SWA account then go through links from the shopping mall to say Macys.com, LLBean.com, JCPenney.com, etc. You earn SWA miles just for shopping at a website you would have gone to directly. Also staying at a partner hotel or rental car company. So easy.

ETA: I double checked SWA.com.

"**Points dont expire as long as you have flight or Partner earning activity every 24 months. Benefits apply to points transactions. All Rapid Rewards Rules and Regulations apply."

I called Rapid Rewards to ask if my 50K points would expire at some point. I was told they'd never expire as long as I had some SW activity every 2 years. It could be the use of my SW credit card or a SW flight. Good info to learn as I was thinking of canceling my SW credit card before my next annual fee kicks in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter