Southwest Spendors or Quest For the West

maxs gm

Mouseketeer
Hi,

DH and I are trying to decide on a trip to take with our three grandchildren. One girl and two boys, ages 10, 8, and 6.

Anyone experience either of these with children in this age range? Which would you choose?

TIA :goodvibes

I took my niece who was just shy of her 10th b-day last August and she loved Quest for the West. She even did an extra report for school, that got entered into a contest, that she ended up winning.

She is still talking about the trip. For Xmas I made a calendar on Shutterfly from our pics and she just loved it.

It was a fantastic trip.

ETA - if you search the completed trip reports board I did a detailed trip report on this (without ruining the surprises)

Hey Maxs gm ... How are you! Saw your id and remembered you from the Med Cruise last year. Hope all is well! Take care!

Mary Jane

Hi

MJGirl,

Good to hear from you. I just finished my scrapbook from the cruise and I came across the Dis group photo. That was a great trip.

Hope all is well.

I live right in between these two destinations and have been to all of the places except for Sedona, but have not been on an ABD tour. One factor you might want to consider is the time of year you will be traveling. Summer temperatures can get uncomfortable in the Southwest, especially if you are hiking. That being said, I have traveled a bit and Arches is one of my favorite places in the world. The beauty is breathtaking. The Southwest tour will give you a great experience of the desert and red-rock environment. If you are looking for a more cowboy type experience, I would recommend the Quest for the West. Weather there is nicest in July. I love every stop on that tour! Jenny Lake is a favorite family stop and Jackson Hole is fun. If you or the grandkids have never been to Yellowstone, it is something you have to experience! You can't go wrong with either tour, but with the ages of the kids I would lean toward the Quest for the West but it depends on the time of year you go. My kids are 10, 8, 5, and 2 and they really love Moab, so like I said, you can't go wrong!

ETA: oh, and the grand canyon is cool :thumbsup2 :laughing: and rafting down the colorado river is fun and fairly tame near Moab.

JHAM, that was very helpful. We are leaning toward Quest for the West and your review has helped a lot.

My vote is for Quest for the West.
We are going on the 7/19th (08) tour and it seems ( from reponses on this and other forums) that we, me DH , DD11, will be the only ones on the tour!!!:rotfl2:
I'd love to know that that are other children in DD's age group. :yay:

We considered both tours and were just pulled toward this one. I think it's going to be just great fun, and for kids, the cowboy angle, and the geysers are a great attraction. The Grand Canyon is a great wonder but from a kids' perspective...it doesn't do anything!!!

Good luck with your decision. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

My vote is for Quest for the West.
We are going on the 7/19th (08) tour and it seems ( from reponses on this and other forums) that we, me DH , DD11, will be the only ones on the tour!!!:rotfl2:
I'd love to know that that are other children in DD's age group. :yay:

I am sure you'll find plenty of families. I was just speaking with ABD again this morning and this is the most popular vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter