Space 220 and Steakhouse 71

DidneyWorlLover77

Earning My Ears
Okay, so I made all my dining reservations a couple days back and snagged a dinner reservation for Space 220 and a dinner reservation for Steakhouse 71. Typically, we have the dining plan to work with, but this trip we obviously have to actually take time to budget. Both of these restaurants are very expensive... so I'm wondering, are they worth their prices? Can anyone give me a personal review of their experience at either of these restaurants?

Thanks in advance!!

I've dined at both and they were both fantastic in their own way. The upcharge Ribeye (yes another $18 on top of whatever ridiculousness they are charging) at Space 220 was phenomenal and honestly everything at Steakhouse 71 was :chefs kiss:.

Unfortunately you're going to have to keep both reservations and try them both. 😂

I was disappointed. Space 220 is not worth the cost! It's an interesting concept but the screen in the dining room needs more....

No bread service! I had lasagna with no bread!! My calamari app was chewy. I sent if back and got cauliflower. I doubt I'll ever go back.

I am excited to try the lounge at Steakhouse 71. We have a Disney trip in two weeks!!

There are several you tube reviews on both of these restaurants, I have watched a bunch.
We are going up next month, I was able to get a Steakhouse 71 dinner reservation, no luck on Space 220 yet.

I was disappointed. Space 220 is not worth the cost! It's an interesting concept but the screen in the dining room needs more....

No bread service! I had lasagna with no bread!! My calamari app was chewy. I sent if back and got cauliflower. I doubt I'll ever go back.

I am excited to try the lounge at Steakhouse 71. We have a Disney trip in two weeks!!

I asked this same question in a group on Facebook and a lot of people didn't care for Space 220.. Said you could get the same atmosphere at the bar and pay less. I might do that. I've heard nothing but good things about Steakhouse 71 so far. Have fun on your trip!!

Okay, so I made all my dining reservations a couple days back and snagged a dinner reservation for Space 220 and a dinner reservation for Steakhouse 71. Typically, we have the dining plan to work with, but this trip we obviously have to actually take time to budget. Both of these restaurants are very expensive... so I'm wondering, are they worth their prices? Can anyone give me a personal review of their experience at either of these restaurants?

Thanks in advance!!
We ate at both last week and definitely preferred Steakhouse 71's food, although the atmosphere is fun at Space 220. Would probably just do the lounge at Space 220 in the future (we didn't want to chance a potentially long wait at the lounge though since it is such a new/popular place).

Space 220: Food bloggers raved about the cauliflower app, but for tempura batter it was not crispy at all and was boring flavor-wise. If it had come out crispy and hot I'm sure it would have been more enjoyable. Had the dinner supplement of lobster and crab which was fine but not really worth the upcharge since there wasn't a lot of crab and the lobster was over cooked. The sauce was delicious though and it came out on a sizzling plate like fajitas. Sticky toffee pudding was delicious but would have been better warm. They do have Skywalker wine by the bottle!

Steakhouse 71: Onion rings had great batter, crab cakes minus the weird crackers were delicious, loaded mac and cheese was luxurious, and the salisbury streak with mashed potatoes and gravy was perfect! Great retro comfort food and definitely will prioritize this one in the future.

We ate at Steakhouse 71 about 2 weeks ago and it was our favorite meal of the trip. We started with the crab cakes and they were delicious, but kind of expensive for what you got. DH and I both had the NY strip - he got mashed potatoes and I got the mac and cheese. The potatoes weren't anything special, but the mac and cheese was delicious. We ended with the chocolate cake and it was to die for - so delicious! We will definitely be back next year.

Ate at both last week. Space 220 was a one and done for us. Way overpriced for what it is. Many will say you are paying for the experience but I can think of many more experiences I would rather engage in for that cost. Steakhouse 71 was enjoyable and my family agreed we will eat here again.

Ate at both last week. Space 220 was a one and done for us. Way overpriced for what it is. Many will say you are paying for the experience but I can think of many more experiences I would rather engage in for that cost. Steakhouse 71 was enjoyable and my family agreed we will eat here again.
Same experience for my family and me back in December, Space 220 is WAY overpriced/over hyped especially in terms of value. The “220“ in the name represents what about a family of three will pay for lunch and 1-drink each. Steakhouse 71 gets our vote by a mile…not even close.

No experience with Steakhouse 71, hoping to try that on our next trip but time will tell. However, we did get a Space 220 reservation and my overall impression is very...eh?

To elaborate on that, the experience was great, though DD2 years old was nervous on the "elevator". The atmosphere was fun and interesting and played to the concept well. The "window" was ok, not terrible, not great, but there was enough going on without being too much that you felt like you were seeing something new most of the time without wanting to stare at that and ignore the rest of your party.

The cocktails and appetizers were good, and I am typically a straight whiskey fan but I tried a mixed drink and found it refreshing without being weak. I also had the calamari and DW had the cauliflower. I am not a fan of cauliflower but, while I would not want to eat an entire appetizer of it myself, I will say that it was probably the best that I have ever had. The calamari was good, not the best I've ever had but far from the worst, too.

However, unlike a previous poster, I found the upcharge ribeye to be so so. For one it was overcooked. I could have sent it back but we were a group of 9 and frankly, I didn't want to deal with waiting for another to be cooked and then everyone else waiting on me while I eat. And I believe 3 total people in our group got steak and they were all overcooked. For the price of the meal as is, to say nothing of the upcharge for mine, I think they should be able to properly cook a steak to order. The funny thing is that DD got the kids salmon and it was verging on undercooked, though we tried it and determined that it was done enough to be safe.

DW did get the upcharge lobster dish and she loved it, as did my sister who was in the group.

The desserts were good though the one we had is not on the menu any longer. That said, a few people in our group got the carrot cake and I will admit that it was probably the best carrot cake I have ever had, and I am not generally a huge fan.

So overall, if I had to do it again I would try for a lounge reservation or pass if I could only get the main dining room. The meal was not terrible but it just didn't justify the cost, particularly with the upcharge for my dish specifically.

I understand, on an academic level, why Disney feels the need to go to these prix fixe menus because people will book a table, order dessert or an appetizer, and then leave and a party that might have had a full meal will be unable to get the reservation. But in the case of Space 220, I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

We have not eaten at Space 220, but have at Steakhouse 71.
Everything we ordered was good! Yummy!
I had the the 10 oz New York strip steak with au gratin potatoes.The steak was seasoned well, tender and cooked exactly like I like. I could of ate 2 orders of the potatoes they were so good. We shared the brioche rolls. My granddaughter who is not a meat eater ordered the French onion soup and cream burlee. She insists on going back again. We definitely will!
From looking at the prices and reviews on Space 220 I think the cost and quality for Steakhouse 71 is a better deal.

Last edited:
We've done both and have similar opinions to those discussed here. SH71 was a good meal for us - actually, good meals, as we returned a couple times and have enjoyed breakfast and dinner. We were significantly underwhelmed by Space 220 - we did the lounge, but the differences between restaurant and lounge are not that big. 220 was an interesting experience, but we won't need to hurry back. Too many other spots in EPCOT we enjoy much more.

Was at WDW recently for runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend. 'Attempted' to eat at SH71 and did eat at S220.

SH71:
My past experiences dining here have been service always seems strained and slow. I set expectations accordingly.

Server showed up a few minutes after I was seated and started off by telling me they had 'triple set' them with tables to wait on, and this would impact my experience. I assured them I didn't need a menu and already knew what I wanted to order. They followed with, I'll get you a water. Before they could leave I asked for a diet soda. Their response was, "I'll do my best."

Approximately 5 minutes later they dropped my soda off at table (no ice, no straw) in passing, heading to another table that already had food. I sat and watched as they went from each of their other three tables which already had food. The server was cordial, engaging, even taking additional orders with each of those tables.

After 10 minutes of watching this, with no acknowledgement from the server or any other staff, I decided it wasn't going to get any better and decided to leave.

Another server offered to get a manager. A Team Lead showed up, listened to what happened, told me 'this should never have happened' and offered to sit me at the bar. I explained I was not in a frame of mind to enjoy my meal and I passed. The Team Lead wrote down her name and number on a piece of paper and told me to call her should I choose to change my mind during my stay. She promised me I wouldn't be charged anything for leaving. I appreciated what seemed to be a genuine gesture of good will.

I went back to my home resort and exactly 1 hour later, my credit card was charged a $10 no-show fee. I called the Team Lead, reminded her she promised I wouldn't be charge a fee, to which she responded 'this should never have happened' saying she would call the front desk and tell them to reverse the charge.

The charge was never reversed. Thankfully the concierge at my home resort added a $10 credit to my room to compensate.

Overall a 1 star experience.

S220:
First time dining here. I had a lunch reservation in the lounge. Every single employee I interacted with was wonderful and customer service oriented.

My server was warm, friendly and attentive - taking time to discover my food preferences and making recommendations. She periodically checked-in on me to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. She ocassionally offered tips on best places to catch views of hidden easter eggs in the large windows looking out into space.

The food, while perhaps not as interesting as menu items at SH71, was fresh, well prepared and flavorful. No complaints.

At first, like others, I felt the menu pricing was on the high side for a two course lunch. However, the ambience and most importantly, the service well worth the money spent.

Overall a 5 star experience.

Again, this is my experience. Everyone's experience may/will vary. :-)

I asked this same question in a group on Facebook and a lot of people didn't care for Space 220.. Said you could get the same atmosphere at the bar and pay less. I might do that. I've heard nothing but good things about Steakhouse 71 so far. Have fun on your trip!!
We ended up going with the lounge reservation so that we could still experience the atmosphere without quite the same cost. Honestly a lot of the food didn't appeal to my family anyway. But fair warning the lounge is a lot harder to get

Did both for the first time mid May, and agree with the consensus here. Space 220 was interesting for the one time lounge visit. We had the sliders and the chicken & waffles, both good but not amazing. Will probably go back once so DH can experience, but not a must do for DD and me. SH71 was delicious and worth the price, although the service was not stellar. Took a while to get water, but french onion soup (a little salty but otherwise yum), strip steak, au gratin potatoes, and steak kid's meal all enjoyable and worth a return trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter