special event "surprises" at check in

msim

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I've read on the boards that sometimes, if you tell your reservationist that you will be celebrating a special event, sometimes you're given a little momento by your hotel. I'm planning a surprise birthday for my son, and a surprise like that would really excite him. What have you been given, and who exactly did you need to tell? Thanks.

Tell them when you make a your reservation. Sometimes they provide something and sometimes not. It's the luck of the draw. A lot of people going to WDW are celebrating special occasions.

On our honeymoon we got champaign, glasses, flowers and a card. Some occasions we celebrate there and they don't do anything.

Good luck! :)

DH and I were just at WL celebrating our anniversary. I booked through CRO and mentioned it when I booked. I noticed when we got our reservation confirmation it was listed on there. Minnie Mouse left us an autographed picture in our room and some mickey shaped chocolates. We also mentioned it when we went to dinner at Artist Point and we got a free dessert. If you go out to a nice restaurant, I would definately mention it. You never know!:D

Make sure you tell everyone, including the folks at resort check-in and at restaurants.

I was once with a birthday girl who got a lovely basket of food treats and little toys at a Character Brunch....and a boy who got a visit from Cinderella, an autographed Mickey picture and a stuffed dog from a resort.

Also, get the "It's My Birthday" pin at Guest Services at Magic Kingdom (city hall) and your son could be in for some nice surprises in the park.....one never knows.

For my b-day, we were calling wdw-dine from our room & I asked what she suggested for an adult b-day dinner, and she asked who's & said mine, nothing crazy just a nice dinner for myself & sis, (I still remember) the CM's name:California, Talked and we decided to eat at liberty tree, they had it noted on our ps, and rang bell, announced it was my b-day, little cake/cupcake with candle very nice. But upon returning to our room, we found a large mickey face chocolate cake with balloons, & horns, silver ware, plates and confetti, streamers all on a large tray, and it had a card (thinking from family or YC), said Happy Birthday, California! I thought this was really something! Now cause we had this same setup, the year before arranged by my family, at a cost of 75.00, I thought this was going that extra inch, She was a great CM & if out there, thank you so much!

MKY

Originally posted by mkymouse4ever
For my b-day, we were calling wdw-dine from our room & I asked what she suggested for an adult b-day dinner, and she asked who's & said mine, nothing crazy just a nice dinner for myself & sis, (I still remember) the CM's name:California, Talked and we decided to eat at liberty tree, they had it noted on our ps, and rang bell, announced it was my b-day, little cake/cupcake with candle very nice. But upon returning to our room, we found a large mickey face chocolate cake with balloons, & horns, silver ware, plates and confetti, streamers all on a large tray, and it had a card (thinking from family or YC), said Happy Birthday, California! I thought this was really something! Now cause we had this same setup, the year before arranged by my family, at a cost of 75.00, I thought this was going that extra inch, She was a great CM & if out there, thank you so much!

MKY

Wow! What a nice story, and a terrific CM!

I've gotten things a number of times .. cakes and set ups (confetti, balloons when permitted, etc etc) for birthdays, anniversaries. We've gotten wine, snack baskets, little "things" for presents too. Honestly, I've never made a huge point of mentioning events, just in passing, but apparently, whomever I happened to be talking to at those times was paying attention! :p

We have gone to WDW and Disneyland for many occasions (our honeymoon, birthdays and anniversaries), and have received chocolates, balloons, champagne, a figurine, and room upgrades. The BWV gave my niece pins w/lanyard, stuffed animals, autographed pictures, autograph book for her birthday trip. When they moved to WL after their cruise, they sent up another autographed picture, balloons, and a WL totem pole chocolate. On our honeymoon, they upgraded us to the honeymoon suite at WL and sent a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with a nice card (since accounting screwed up our room billing, they bought us room service dinner, too). We always mention it to CRO, and when we check in. I would also suggest calling the manager a day or two before you go, as I know they will note your ressie and make sure you get an autographed picture and balloons.

Have a wonderful trip!!!

Last June I stayed at The Swan. My sister was there too. She and her husband were going to celebrate their anniversary while we were there. I called before we left home and arranged to have champagne delivered to her room and cookies & milk for my nieces. While I was on the phone with the catering department, we were taking about all the weddings & other events that happen in June and I mentioned it was my birthday. The next day, right after check-in, there was a knock on my door. It was room service with champagne and cookies & milk. I thought they had made a mistake but then I saw the Swan/Dolphin card which said "Happy Belated Birthday and Welcome to Disney." It was a great surprise.

a deluxe resort to get these little extras.. Hubby and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, which i told 3 people while checking into the Port Orleans Riverside Resort...We didn't recieve anything extra, except a "Congratulations".

But then we didn't go there with the expectation of getting something extra...Just being in Disney on this special occassion was enough.. We had a wonderful time.

Anny:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter