Special Meal for hubby's 40th

HamHam

Mouseketeer
We are flying out on August 16 (my husband's 40th - surprise trip!!) and I have made a PS at the Hoop-Dee-Doo however; finances are preventing that event I'm afraid. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge; can anyone suggest a reasonably priced restaurant for dinner that evening for 3? We'll arriving at around 1:00 pm and we bought the Farytale package. Is there some kind of bar-b-que dinner at Fort Wilderness that anyone has tried?

Maybe try lunch at one of the sit-down World Showcase restaurants. They have pretty much the same menu as at dinner, but are less expensive. We went to the Italy pavilion for lunch and ROLLED around the rest of the day we were so full!
I think that many of them serve lunch until 3 or 4. You could ask when you make your PS.
:D

Since you're staying at WL how about making a PS for Whispering Canyon Cafe? If you tell them it's your DH's 40th birthday I'm sure he'll receive a lot of attention. It should end up costing about 1/2 what Hoop-Dee-Doo would have. Or how about a restaurant in one of the parks since you're doing FTP? Why don't you check out the meals on Deb Will's site http://www.wdwig.com/dining.htm

I'm sure you can find something great for much less than what you had planned on spending.

Is there some kind of bar-b-que dinner at Fort Wilderness that anyone has tried?

FW has the Trail's End Buffet which is very reasonable and I have seen only positive reviews of it. Haven't gotten to eat there yet, but we've been meaning to.

Hope you all have a wonderful time! Birthdays are so special at WDW!

I think you're referring to Mickey's Back Yard Barbeque at FW.

I haven't been, but I've heard positive things from some folks.

It's only about $10.00 cheaper a head than HDD though.

If you are looking for reasonably priced dinner at a nice sit-down restarant, you might look at Boatwrights at POR. The food is excellant and we've always had a good time there. We celebrated my father's 55th b-day there a few years ago.

I second the idea of Whispering Canyon. You say a table for "3" so I assume this isn't meant to be a romantic dinner. The waitstaff at WC "play act" various roles as cowboys, etc. If you can take some good kidding, they'll probably give your husband a birthday he won't forget.

I think Whispering Canyon is a great idea too! Lots of fun and we liked the food- the all you can eat skillet has lots of different BBQ'd stuff.

I know you said finances were a factor, but I think any 40 year old man would LOVE Shula's. I think if you each got a steak and split a side, it wouldn't be TOOOOO outrageous. I know we each got a cocktail, a steak, split a salad, split an appetizer and we each got a side....we could have EASILY just split the salad and one side and not had the cocktails. We were FULL. Our meal was about $115, and would have been around $80 had we just stuck with steak, one salad and one side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter