• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

spidar man

sez

Earning My Ears
I have heard so many comments re Spiderman at IOA and how it's one of the best rides in Orlando, that I think I'm going to have to try it. Nothing wrong in that you may think but I'm a big wimp when it comes to the white knuckle rides- I won't go on the really big roller coasters much to the disgust of my children. The thing is in Simon's book this ride is rated as a TTTTT
+, the only other rides that earn this are the huge coasters so I'm a bit apprehensive about what it's going to be like. I know it's a simulator ride so does anyone have any tips on what I could do if it all becomes a bit much, eg ? look the other way! Also how realistic is the 400ft drop?- I imagine it must be very scary to have earned that rating!!
Any advice would be wonderful as I really want to pluck up the courage to ride it.
Thanks
Sez.

Sez, I am the biggest wimp in the World and it is only recently I have started to ride coasters (and enjoy them I must say). I was apprehensive about Spidey after reading Simon's review (and some others) and was really nervous the first time I rode, but I needn't have been. I went straight back on and it is the first ride we head to at IoA now. We ride it at least 5 times each trip.

I was <i>really, really</i> worried about the sensory drop, but to me it doesn't seem at all real. From what I've read, though, not everyone feels the same. How are you in those 180 degree/360 degree dome things? They don't bother me too much - you can just close your eyes or look at the floor or the walls if you need to. If it starts to become a bit too intense in Spiderman, it might help you to look around (up and behind) - you can see the set which reminds you that it is a simulator.

It really is the most awesome ride. You must do it - I promise you you won't regret it.

Just trying a **bump**. My post isn't showing on the summary page.

If you get really scared, try taking off the 3D glasses- that really takes you back down to
earth!:)
But you will love it- honestly it's more fun than scary.....

Spiderman is definitely the best ride at IOA. I was so overwhelmed by the effects all around me that I did not have time to think about the sensory drop until it was over.

You should make a point of riding it a at least a couple of times.

Phil.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter