Split-stay with multiple resorts - looking for feedback

We are DVC and our stays are between 10-14 days, so we have at least one split, sometimes up to three. I enjoy the change of atmosphere and scenery. On moving days, we are at a park until late afternoon and then enjoy our new resort for the evening. Plus, the newest perk starting next year is the free waterpark day. Every time you switch resorts, there is another free admission.

Plus, the newest perk starting next year is the free waterpark day. Every time you switch resorts, there is another free admission.
OMG I didn't even think of that! Not that we'll want to 'waste' 3 out of 14 days at a water park 😉

Reactions: rlk
OMG I didn't even think of that! Not that we'll want to 'waste' 3 out of 14 days at a water park 😉
I feel the same way about the waterparks when we have other parks to get to, but a free admission would maybe sway me to go for a few hours.

I feel the same way about the waterparks when we have other parks to get to, but a free admission would maybe sway me to go for a few hours.
Yes, we might be tempted to do this on one of the days, but probably not all 3. Particularly during a winter visit lol! Having said that, I've just realised that if we get the international 14 day pass, I think that includes water parks as well so it wouldn't be a huge perk for us.

Nothing wrong at all with Split Stays. I like your plan, especially because you are going for 2 weeks. On the day we are switching resorts, we usually spend the afternoon at Springs, especially if it is a weekday.

I think you are putting your deluxe hotel in the middle, which isn't a bad plan. I would just say don't start with the deluxe.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! If you are buying the 14 day ticket, it probably already includes the water parks. And definitely start to look to rent points at 11 months out, especially if you want to stay at specific resorts and depending on the season when you'll be travelling. For that many days, I don't think a split stay will be too awful. We are doing 12 nights and are doing our first split stay, Poly and WL. Guess we'll find out if we like it, I've always kind of been opposed to it, but we shall see! Enjoy!

On a split stay I like to move my own luggage via Lyft/Uber and check it at the new resort, if needed. Otherwise your luggage is floating in space for most of the day.

Convenience is big for me at Disney so I choose a resort location that suits what I want to do that trip in terms of parks, transportation, and dinners. Our last trip two weeks ago, I planned a lot of dinners without regard to where I would actually be and it got old quickly and I cancelled a couple good ones simply because I did not want to go from point A to B that day.

I am claustrophobic but I really like the Skyliner. Don't mind the buses, they were really good two weeks ago. Monorail gets old fast. Being able to walk somewhere is always a nice feature.

The Buses aren't bad in the morning if you aren't going early. I'm non-early riser and don't typically get on the bus until 9:30 or 10. There will be a few people on the bus, but it definitely isn't packed.

The buses will be packed at closing time - you may or may not get a seat.

the other big negative about buses is the slower process in general - wait time for a bus is typically longer vs uber, they may make stops, and your uber will pass by buses on the roads.

Split stays are so much fun! For the last 3 days, I'd choose AKL in a savanna view room - amazing! Walking to MK from BLT is wonderful.

Just thought I would update here. After considering all your feedback, we decided to go ahead with the 7 night stay at BLT. We'll be spending a lot of time at MK and the area resorts, so we feel it's appropriate for us to prioritise that location.

We're still looking at Pop for the 4 nights prior and AKL for the 3 nights after, but not anxious about getting those booked in yet. Hopefully the AUD will improve in the meantime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter