Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

My only request would have been to essentially reverse the 10 miler. Get all those road miles out of the way early, then have the fun in the second half. And it would allow more room to spread before the path from HS to Epcot. But I'm sure it has to do with getting the park ready to open. I do love these courses though!
If the course was reversed and I could guarantee a later checkout Sunday morning is of considered signing up since it is/was still open to be honest

I would love to see SW come back as a race theme, but I'm pretty skeptical of it happening: it rarely (never?) sold out and attendance wasn't as high as any other race weekends. I think if it had been a proven winner, it wouldn't have been replaced in the first place. Having had that rug pulled out form under my Perfectly Sith feet, I don't trust rD to keep giving me opportunities to get my SW theme on, so I kinda feel like I should run with it while I can lol! Plus I'm seeing a lot of folks opting for Sally Shine outfits, and not a single TinkerVader so far. I like to be original. ;)

I have a theory why the SW races didn't sell out. The themes were too specific and too tied to the newer movies they were trying to promote. Just make it generic, OG Star Wars with the most popular characters as themes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it back for at least one SS race in the future, if only because they missed out on the Mandalorian/Baby Yoda craze.

Dear RunDisney. Can we please have the event guide already? And get a merch preview (I know, I know...that'll probably be next Monday, but I girl can dream!) that will entice me to spend all of the money? Thx.

Hard to think of many other HS attractions that would pair well with a longer race. GE, RnR, and Toy Story Land seem like the most obvious candidates, and maybe TSL is tops on the list given the popularity of the brand and the fact that we’ve never had a race themed around it. I’d like to think that a SW themed race would do well though, might give them an opportunity to finally introduce a Mando/Grogu photo op.

BTW, ToT sold out, which is probably a good thing, after looking up flight and rental car prices I don’t need the temptation.

Dear RunDisney. Can we please have the event guide already? And get a merch preview (I know, I know...that'll probably be next Monday, but I girl can dream!) that will entice me to spend all of the money? Thx.
Especially since they know we saw all the maps already, why keep delaying the official release?

And while we’re on the subject of releasing stuff, can we get the Summer Series theme, since they want our $$ on April 5??

Hmmm, I just looked at the guide as I'm trying to plan our day Thursday and wanting to know when we need to get on a bus (thinking it would somewhere around 8 ish). Are the times in these guides usually accurate? The race starts at 10pm and the transportation for it says this:

8:30 PM (EDT)
Transportation - Host Resorts to 5K Start Line
90 minutes
8:30 PM - 10:00 PM runDisney event transportation will be provided to/from all Walt Disney World Resorts, Shades of Green, and the Swan and Dolphin Resorts.

Hmmm, I just looked at the guide as I'm trying to plan our day Thursday and wanting to know when we need to get on a bus (thinking it would somewhere around 8 ish). Are the times in these guides usually accurate? The race starts at 10pm and the transportation for it says this:

90 minutes
8:30 PM - 10:00 PM runDisney event transportation will be provided to/from all Walt Disney World Resorts, Shades of Green, and the Swan and Dolphin Resorts.
I’m guessing those times are correct. There probably aren’t as many 5k runners, and no roads are affected for the bus routes; however, parking may be affected by bus routes.

I’m trying to figure out if it would be faster to take a bus to go back to my resort before heading to Moonlight Magic at Epcot or drive and possibly have to wait a while for all the runners to start before being clear to leave…
I could take a bus to an Epcot resort, but then I would have a lot of extra stuff to carry around…

Animal Kingdom does not close until 8:30 on the 31st, so guessing you could just take the AK bus from the resort earlier, looks like drop off is in same location as normal park busses.

90 minutes
That does seem a but late to start buses for the 5K since they want everyone there by 9:15

Not a fan of this event guide template. But I finally found what I wanted out of it:
Parking at EP for TOT; be there by 4:30am
The 10k says 4am. Is weird that it would different for the 10mi?

Also, in the now "SORRY THIS BOOTH IS NOT ACTIVE" section for maps (aka transportation) when I looked at it 10min ago I SWEAR that it said that ride shares have to drop off at the TTC. But on the event maps there are clearly areas designated for ride shares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter