Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Hmmm...Interesting that my bib# is 80XX but had a proof of time much faster than others with bib#'s under 8000. Should I be worried about my start group or is the number system not all sequential? With a 10K POT of 42:53 I should be in the S1 start group.

Thanks. I'll try emailing as I won't be there until Saturday since I only running the 10 Miler. Do you (or anyone) have a good email address to use?
OK. I emailed them about my POT. Obviously I will stop at Runners Relations on Saturday but I thought their reply was interesting. If submitting a valid POT doesn’t guarantee a start group than what is the point? lol.

“The Start Group information will be available with your packet pick up / bib. No start group changes will be made at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo.
Submitting a valid proof of time does not guarantee start group placement.”

Last edited:
In the queue for merch! 8am and I’m 3/4 of the way back on the left side (of your back is to the entrance.)
OMFG! I'm at work and can't get there until Saturday morning much like marathon weekend. I just hope that there are Ten Miler Finisher shirts remaining so I can get one for my daughter.

OMFG! I'm at work and can't get there until Saturday morning much like marathon weekend. I just hope that there are Ten Miler Finisher shirts remaining so I can get one for my daughter.
The hot items tend to be the spirit jerseys, jackets and other non-race specific merch. At least at Marathon weekend that seemed to be the case.

I'm pretty sure that's par for the course for the Expo. We arrived at 8:30 during PW and I was one of the last to be let into that room.

Good luck @Herding_Cats ! Enjoy the expo! :)

Does anyone know if someone will be posting the character stops during the race? There was one guy when I ran Dopey in 2018 that collected phone numbers and sent out a group text as he passed characters.

What about nights aKa 5K should I worry about lightning canceling or shortening things?
Not to rile anyone up but yeah…there’s a line of storms rolling through the southeast today. If it can hold together that line will approach Orlando after 8-9pm. Lightning or at least moderate to heavy rain. I’m going to Epcot and HS today but will take a look this afternoon if I remember.

Also kinda weird, they must have cut the merch line right around 8:45. I got right into the holding pen room, which is mostly full, but definitely has room for a good number of people still. Only one more person got in line after me and after a bit we looked at each other and asked Did they cut the line?

Not to rile anyone up but yeah…there’s a line of storms rolling through the southeast today. If it can hold together that line will approach Orlando after 8-9pm. Lightning or at least moderate to heavy rain. I’m going to Epcot and HS today but will take a look this afternoon if I remember.

Makes me wonder what the runner driven unofficial replacement would be if the 5k is cancelled. Run laps around the parking lot on Friday? Go in the park and loop around?

Makes me wonder what the runner driven unofficial replacement would be if the 5k is cancelled. Run laps around the parking lot on Friday? Go in the park and loop around?

Mine will be on my treadmill at home, since I fly out at 7am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter