Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Can’t rule out a shower for the race tomorrow or Sunday morning but a shortwave is coming in Saturday that will bring high coverage of showers and storms Saturday afternoon.

Glad they got the 5K in! I don’t currently think the 10K or 10M are in danger.

Can’t rule out a shower for the race tomorrow or Sunday morning but a shortwave is coming in Saturday that will bring high coverage of showers and storms Saturday afternoon.

Thank you for continuously sharing these updates. It's often frustrating looking at the weather reports and not having faith in the information that we're provided.

Glad to hear it! I don't mind running in the rain, but massive downpour in the corrals would suck.

Doing the scavenger hunt, and just got to the math section. I figured out what the symbols mean, but what are they asking me for?
On the surface, it looks like they want the answer to the bottom equation. But I had values for each symbol that fit for the values provided, used that to solve the bottom, and it didn't accept that answer.

But this is also the same game that asked for a constellation name and when I put in "Ursa Minor", it told me I was wrong and the answer was "Little Dipper", so who knows what they are actually wanting.

On the surface, it looks like they want the answer to the bottom equation. But I had values for each symbol that fit for the values provided, used that to solve the bottom, and it didn't accept that answer.

But this is also the same game that asked for a constellation name and when I put in "Ursa Minor", it told me I was wrong and the answer was "Little Dipper", so who knows what they are actually wanting.
Yeah there were too many answers that would actually work for that math equations….

Yes! I yelled at my phone over that one. I haven't jumped back on the app yet but did get the notification when I landed in SLC, so it does work anywhere.

I’m at expo now. They still have the most things including spirit jerseys in all sizes.
Thank you for sharing. I can't get to the Expo until tomorrow morning. Do they still have Ten Miler magnets as well?

Just gotta say - as someone who ran the Everest Challenge several times back in the day (won it once) and was disappointed to have gotten shut out of registration this year:

I just did the scavenger hunt from home - this was brutal. I think I'd have thrown my phone at some point. Honestly, they might have lucked out by calling it off. You could easily have just answered all of the questions incorrectly in a few seconds and moved on. (I'm wondering if folks would have just shown completion at the finish line - not sure how that would've worked out.)

I wondered how they were going to handle the hunt. The original race had the 5k and then the hunt (2 miles) - that way, the 5k spread out the runners enough to be able to handle the (physical) question cards. But you had to figure out the answer to move on. (Even if that meant asking someone next to you what the answer was.)

I still love running through Animal Kingdom, though. I would have been happy just to run it like they did last night. (I wish they could keep doing night races of some kind.)

Gave up, the answer is 7
That's infuriating.

Yes, it's correct when compass=6, rope=8, boot=2 and matches = 3. But the answer of 3 is correct when compass=5, rope=10, matches=2 and boot=1. Likewise the answer -1 is correct when compass=4, rope=12, boot=0, and matches=3. You can set matches to 3 and compass to any arbitrary value as long as you set rope to 20-(2 x compass) and boots to compass-4. It's a horrible question.

Pros: Loved the night race and running thru Animal Kingdom!!! Saw some great, creative costumes

Cons; Didn’t like the congestion caused by groups walking 3-4-5 across….but understand not all participants are regular runners and may not know course etiquette.

Photos are showing up in MDE…they aren’t too bad for it being so dark along the race course.

Did the rain hold off until everyone was off the course?

Pros: Loved the night race and running thru Animal Kingdom!!! Saw some great, creative costumes

Cons; Didn’t like the congestion caused by groups walking 3-4-5 across….but understand not all participants are regular runners and may not know course etiquette.

Photos are showing up in MDE…they aren’t too bad for it being so dark along the race course.

Did the rain hold off until everyone was off the course?
I think the rain probably did hold off, it didn’t start raining at Coronado until around 12:30am

Just gotta say - as someone who ran the Everest Challenge several times back in the day (won it once) and was disappointed to have gotten shut out of registration this year:

I just did the scavenger hunt from home - this was brutal. I think I'd have thrown my phone at some point. Honestly, they might have lucked out by calling it off. You could easily have just answered all of the questions incorrectly in a few seconds and moved on. (I'm wondering if folks would have just shown completion at the finish line - not sure how that would've worked out.)

I wondered how they were going to handle the hunt. The original race had the 5k and then the hunt (2 miles) - that way, the 5k spread out the runners enough to be able to handle the (physical) question cards. But you had to figure out the answer to move on. (Even if that meant asking someone next to you what the answer was.)

I still love running through Animal Kingdom, though. I would have been happy just to run it like they did last night. (I wish they could keep doing night races of some kind.)
They did suggest people just run the 5k to unlock the clues (by running past the location with the app open), and then complete the tasks later. I do not believe we would have been require to complete the tasks to receive the medal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter