Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

They kept mentioning 1939, and at the beginning of the race, we went through some fog and lights and were transported back to 1939. All the characters were dressed for that year - including three Adventurers’ Club groups (At least one group was, but maybe the others were just comedians??).
yeah, but they kept saying it and saying it and saying it for first 5 miles... started back in the. corrals. ughh.

a little disappointed that we ran through Batuu but not by millennium Falcon at all... sigh

They kept mentioning 1939, and at the beginning of the race, we went through some fog and lights and were transported back to 1939. All the characters were dressed for that year - including three Adventurers’ Club groups (At least one group was, but maybe the others were just comedians??).
I saw video of the AC spot with Samantha Sterling and Fletcher Hodges! Love it!

The more I hear about this race, the more FOMO I have. Hope you all had a great time!

Okay, that 1939 thing sounds AWESOME and I was already super jealous of this course. GAHHH! I did get to see Samantha and Fletcher during the marathon, but was surprised/disappointed they didn't have any AC members out for the 5K, with that theme. SO MUCH FOMO!!!

Okay, that 1939 thing sounds AWESOME and I was already super jealous of this course. GAHHH! I did get to see Samantha and Fletcher during the marathon, but was surprised/disappointed they didn't have any AC members out for the 5K, with that theme. SO MUCH FOMO!!!
They had next to nothing out for 5K and I’m still curious if it was safety due to lightning or cause staff was split between Everest & moonlight magic

I'm assuming it was safety, but it was still disappointing. Especially since that was the only race I was able to do this weekend.

Loved, loved, loved this course and distance!! Wow! What fun! Didn’t stop for any characters, but enjoyed passing by and seeing their costumes!

The Boardwalk to DHS path wasn’t the bottleneck I expected.

Enjoyed completing most of the course before the sun came up, too! Thank you Daylight Savings Time!

Last edited:
After the crazy week with the medal debacle, the issue with my start group and the crazy travels with flight cancellations and delays, I was just thankful this race went off with no issues and the weather turned out great. Loved the course. It was actually really cool doing EPCOT and DHS first and then focusing on the run getting back to EPCOT. The 1939 theming throughout was cool. Not the best character stops. Was hoping for more villains/unique like we had with Wine and Dine but there were some unique costumes. I only stopped for 4 or 5 pictures.

I did get my start group ironed out at the Expo. I was flagged for submitting a virtual race and put in S4. The race I ran did have a virtual option as well as an in person and they never even looked to see I ran the live version. So I was able to start in S1 and ran it in 1:15:29 which was 4th in my age group. I was really hoping to get a top 3 but overall, really happy with my race.

yeah, but they kept saying it and saying it and saying it for first 5 miles... started back in the. corrals. ughh.

a little disappointed that we ran through Batuu but not by millennium Falcon at all... sigh
Was curious about how this would play out, because I thought this was a big reason why they were reluctant to send races through GE. I could be mistaken but IIRC there’s a potential bottleneck in that area, worse than the one at mile 3ish.

Speaking of… how did that go? I know there was a lot of concern about that being early in the race.

Was curious about how this would play out, because I thought this was a big reason why they were reluctant to send races through GE. I could be mistaken but IIRC there’s a potential bottleneck in that area, worse than the one at mile 3ish.

Speaking of… how did that go? I know there was a lot of concern about that being early in the race.
Someone feel free to correct me but I believe you’ll never be able to run by Millennium Falcon because it’s a pseudo dead end. One side has stairs and a handicap ramp.

Tried to wear my Challenge medal today, but just stepping out of the hotel room and it’s snagging my Challenge shirt. It seems mine is not smooth. I don’t know if this will be a problems with other’s medals, but at least with tech material, heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter