Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

None between creations and connections where they normally are. Also, aren’t they normally by the imagination pavilion? I don’t think I saw any there either.
And there’s usually a spot on the bridge from World Showcase. I was very sad because smiling for the photos keeps my mood and energy up.

I did enjoy the choir before the end singing ‘This is Me’—that was a mood booster for sure

Help me put disboard names to faces, who was at the meetup this morning? I was Forky.

Hi! I was there. Purple shirt from England.
Thanks, everyone, for being so welcoming and friendly at the meet up! I’m glad I decided to pop by.

This was such a fun weekend! Despite the humidity being much more than I was used, I had a wonderful time. Finished strong on all the races and am so proud to say I completed a challenge.

Felt like more participants than yesterday…anyone know if there were more
You could check the results for finisher counts. I know the half and marathon always have more participants than 5 & 10K so I wouldn’t be surprised for there to be more at the 10 miler.

Did anybody else feel like there was a lack of photopass people in Epcot at the end of the race?
I had just assumed they were pulled since I was going through just as resort guest early entry would of started
I did enjoy the choir before the end singing ‘This is Me’—that was a mood booster for sure
it was Roar when I ran by

Making the call to put music on between studios & the last Epcot stretch was a godsend …

Wasn’t planning on stopping for characters but waited 2 mins for Atta
Would of waited for characters in the last mile if I hadn’t already done them during earlier races

Did get this though walking to my room
C211E1E8-A9BD-4D87-A9B7-B40600910D0E.jpeg

I’m so annoyed with myself!! I must’ve mistyped my bib number the other day, so I’ve got a bunch of a strange lady’s pics in my photos (I’ve now linked the correct bib number, so I’ll get mine too). Why can’t we delete photopass pics through the app?!? 😭😭

Maybe it was just when I ran through but have to say the energy in Toy Story Land felt really dead to me. No background music, no noise - just super quiet. Granted there was enough Toy Story music everywhere else all morning, just found it odd. This was my first time doing a course that took that route through DHS, so maybe it’s normal.

Maybe it was just when I ran through but have to say the energy in Toy Story Land felt really dead to me. No background music, no noise - just super quiet. Granted there was enough Toy Story music everywhere else all morning, just found it odd. This was my first time doing a course that took that route through DHS, so maybe it’s normal.
I at least thought we get one of the toy story characters in the land

I thought it was weird that they didn’t have a photo op at the GE X-Wing, I took a selfie there and kinda kicking myself for not asking the one other guy doing the same if he wanted to take each others photos.

(i know, not star wars race, different theme, thought it made sense though 🤷‍♂️)

Very sorry to have missed this mornings meet up! I was just a little too eager with the snooze button this morning and missed a bus, or two…

Humidity was rough, but very happy with my effort and given that the only other 10 Miler I have ever done was last year’s Spring Surprise I got about a 6 minute PR today.

And more importantly. I finished in time to get a GOTG Virtual Que. Love that ride! Congrats everyone!

Holy crap I actually did it,

In a month and a half I went from not being sure I would make the 5k. To making and finishing the 5k and 10 miler.

Was it painfully slow? Yes. Total time clocked at 3 hours. And the tracking breaking at one point freaked my friends out into thinking me and the other racer had crashed.

Which we did have a couple of incidents of us clipping heels with runners not paying close enough attention. In future if you use headphones, aftershockz, any kind of music device. Please do not have them at full volume. It’s a safety hazard for you and us if I’m yelling at full volume and you’re still not hearing us. And yes I had this happen with some aftershockz users.

Especially on the downhills. I will ride the brake to kingdom con and back if I don’t need the momentum for the overpass. But on the downhills that won’t stop us entirely.

On the bright side I have never felt this good after a race. For being undertrained and having a bit of a case of jelly arms from being tired on the overpass from 7 to Epcot and thus needing a bit of an assist because otherwise it will be long and painful. I have never felt better for having just done 10 miles.

Can’t wait to see what I do with proper training and some weight loss

They were singing "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog when I went by. Besides being a perfect song for nearing the finish line, this is one of my training songs (and the name of my training journal is one of the lyrics). I lost it. I'm still surprised every time I make it to a finish line and this song did me in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter