SR Scholastic Disney Offers

mydogisbo

DIS Veteran
Okay, I love doing Scholastic Offers. I've done a Disney Scholastic offer for SR before. Today I see that there are 2 new offers for Disney Scholastic--but they look like exactly the same package when I click on them.

Can I do both of these? Are they different advertisers & that is why they are both there???

Thanks!

Hi :wave2: . I don't have an answer to your question, but I was wondering if you could tell me how you do these scholastic offers. I have never done one before. Do you just automatically send back the extra book as soon as you recieve it? Also, it says that they pay to have it returned. How does that work? I haven't done many offers for SR, so I'm not very familiar with it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The Scholastic offers are great. I've done several & they've all credited within a couple of days.

When you receive your books there is an envelope on the outside of the box. You open that up & call the 800 number. (assuming you want to cancel). You just have to give them your account number (on your invoice). In the past I've:

Just canceled my membership & kept the books that I've already paid for.

Said I wanted to cancel & a refund & they offered to refund the shipping & let me keep the product--which I accepted.

Said I wanted to cancel & refund & they tell me to donate the books to a local non-profit (my son's church preschool benefited from this). They have credited my card within a week or so.

Very low pressure, & I've never had to wait on the phone for them to answer.

Hope that helps!

I was wandering the same thing? Both offers look identical to me? Also, in the "terms" box it says "After accepting as few as four shipments of three books each, you may cancel at any time by following the instructions on your invoice". Does this apply only if you keep the first shipment or am I tied into accepting at least 4 before I can cancel? Thanks!

Well, I decided to be the guinea pig & go ahead & try these. I did them both (since I've done these before I'm pretty sure I can get a full refund).

Anyway--I'll post here again when/if I get credited.

Yes.

I did both right after lunch today & they both credited tonight. So, I guess they are separate offers by different advertisers. At any rate, they both work.

So are you fairly sure that you will get the $8.99 back when you cancel. I was going to do one of these offers but when I saw the charge I backed off.

All of the other Scholastic offers that I've done (including this Disney one earlier), I have called & told them I want to cancel. I also tell them I want to return the introductory shipment for a refund. They tell me to donate the books to a non-profit & process the refund. This has worked the other times, so I feel pretty good about this one.

You can't just cancel though, you have to tell them you want to return the shipment for the refund.

I received my first shipment and called the customer service number. I said I want to cancel and return the shipment for a refund. They are sending me a shipping label to return the box of books. She said my credit card will be credited after they receive my shipment back. Hope it all works out. I will let you know.

You know, it is funny. I've done many of these Scholastic offers. I've kept a few (just canceled), but the majority I've canceled & said I wanted to return them for a refund. Most of the time they tell me to donate them, which I gladly do, but I've had 3 now that they are going to send me return labels--2 phonics & 1 Dr. Seuss.

I would still say that these are some of the best offers out there--a good product if you decide to keep it, & in my experience, good, fast & easy customer service if you don't want it. & I've always had them credit within 48 hours on all the sites I've done them.

There are three up on SR now (maybe 4 if the newest Disney book offer is still up).

I just signed up for the Veggietales offer. I figure the books from the initial shipment will make a great gift for a frien's son who loves Veggietales. The scholastic offers have been great. I agree that the customer service is great, the offers are easy to cancel, and they credit quickly. I'm tempted to do another offer today, but I'm still waiting on my trial shipment for the encyclopedia club to get here. I wonder if they track how many offers each individual signs up for, and if they will at some point not allow any more sign ups if they see that you have done so many and cancelled. All I know is I am racking up alot of points, and I habe some cute things for Christmas on the things I didn't return! :thumbsup2

I still have a question. If I sign up for these offers...and want to keep the free books and the one i have to pay for...then I cancel? Or should I just send everything else. They will not go to waste...would make good gifts. Help!

I just got word that all of the Scholastic offers are expiring on the 11th. ACK!

Oh no! I love the Scholastic Offers! They usually credit so quickly (though the ornament offer email I did & the Care Bears haven't credited for me yet), & they are so easy to cancel & refund or use.

I hope there will be more coming.

LIGrumpyGirl said:
I still have a question. If I sign up for these offers...and want to keep the free books and the one i have to pay for...then I cancel? Or should I just send everything else. They will not go to waste...would make good gifts. Help!

1. You can cancel & they will not charge you anything else (assuming you paid for that order when you placed it).

2. You can cancel & refund & you just have to return the trial book you paid for & they will refund you. (or in some cases donate the trial book)

3. You can cancel & say you want a refund & they may work out a deal with you. The last couple I did they offered to refund the cost of the book & I could keep everything. So, I just paid the $4 or so for shipping for the entire package.

I think it all depends on who you get on the phone, but I know 1 & 2 are always options.

Hope this helps!!

Hmm... I guess I'm going to be doing lots of these in the next day or two. Do they ask you why you want to cancel when you call? What do you say? If I am going to be calling and cancelling 5 different things in the same couple days are they going to let me or red-flag me? :)

I received one of the Scholastic offers. Called and said I wanted to cancel but want to keep the first shipment. They said ok and canceled my account. I then opened the shipment and two of the books were missing. I dont feel right calling back and complaining, but it kind of stinks. Cars was one of the missing. I was looking forward to that one. Oh well, I guess you really do get what you pay for.

They usually do ask why you want to cancel & my most standard answer is that I am not happy with the quality. This is actually true in those cases--I don't think the binding is done very well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter