SSR – Congress Park or The Springs?

Dr. David Q. Dawson

Mouseketeer
What are the Pros and Cons of staying in Congress Park or The Springs at SSR? It would be nice to have easy access to both the Main Buildings AND Downtown Disney, but I’m not sure the best way to accomplish this.

On a side note, is it safe to say that The Paddocks should be avoided if possible..? And is it ever worthwhile to use the ferry to DD?
Thanks!

I just returned yesterday from a stay in Congress Park. I walked to the main pool twice. It was easy about 5 mins. I also walk to DD twice. It is also a 5 min walk. :Pinkbounc

The best thing about Congress Park was that one night, we watched the World Series at ESPN after the parks where closed. We were able to take the bus to DD and walk to our room. :cheer2:

I stayed in Congress Park last week in a first-floor studio. I could see Cirque du Soliel from my room and could step out onto the patio and see the rest of DTD--very nice view. DW and I weren't going into the parks this trip and wanted to be closest to DTD to walk over there every day.

What we found (since we love to walk) is that everywhere in SSR is close enough to walk to DTD without any problem. Also walking to the main pool from any part of SSR is no problem. Some people who don't walk as much as we do might come to a different conclusion.

I decided that the DTD view was not as much of a draw for me as I thought it would be, so next time I'm not going to specify that. We walked all over the resort and liked most of the views from rooms in all sections of SSR. There are a few rooms that seem to have mostly parking lot views, so I wouldn't want them but The Paddock seemed to have nice views of the lakes and fountains built into the resort.

I think any section would be nice as long as you don't have a parking lot view.

I forgot to mention the ferry. I love boats, so we rode to OKW and to DTD on the ferry once just to get the boat ride, but walking's a lot quicker.

I stayed in the Springs (middle green and yellow building) approx two weeks ago. Our 2bdr over looked the pond/fountain between the buildings. For us, it was an ideal location. We walked across the street to the main pool and Congress Hall. The Springs' bus stop was also right there. There was only one morning when the bus to MK was so full that it did not stop. The driver dispatched another and it was there in approx 5 minutes.

We rode the ferry back and forth to DTD. It seemed much faster then the bus and alot nicer. The view of Congress Park for the boat is really pretty!The walk back to our building was 10 minutes at the most.

Would I stay in The Springs again? Yes. Would I try someplace else in SSR? Sure. As long as I'm there and not here, I really don't care! :)

We also stayed in the same building at the Springs in October, with the same view. We walked to DD several times, and it really didn't take more than 10-15 minutes, tops. For us, it was more important to be close the main pool and carriage house, simply because I don't like to take shoes to the pool. When I go to the pool, it's in my swimsuit and barefeet, same for the kids. So, there is a huge difference between walking across the street and a five minute walk in bare feet, and not so big of a difference between a five minute walk DD and a fifteen minute walk to DD when you have shoes on.

We've never stayed in CP, but I can say that the Springs really was lovely and worth it! I think you'll find you really can't lose either way!
:-)

We stayed in the Springs very close to the main pool and bus stop. Loved it. For us, with small kids who LOVE the water slide and Donald play area, it just made more sense. We don't venture into DTD very often, went once on this trip, so being close to it is not a big draw for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter