SSR HAS A Winner!! New SSR Icon!

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
:banana: :banana:

I am sooo thrilled and Thank you to KeenerCam for posting her Pic!

(photo used with KeenerCam's permission)

This Horse and Jockey is called the Winner's Circle and is SSR's New Icon. This bronze was commissioned before SSR opened and must have taken all of 2 years or more to complete. Every trip since Member Homecoming, I looked for this piece of art and it is finally finished.
eefdc1f4.jpg

KLeonard posted a great photo also in KeenerCam's Minnie Marathon Thread.

P1010049.jpg

My DW took this photo.
A word of warning. It was 90 degrees and that bronze horse was HOT! They need to display it in the shade.

There are also Hidden Mickeys (four, I think) in the sculpture.

We saw it last week at the Member's Update and they mentioned the Hidden Mickeys. It sits right outside the Performance Center (in the background of the photo) where the Updates are held each Wednesday at 4:00pm.

Nice photos. :)

Great Pictures, thank you for sharing!! :goodvibes
Can`t wait to see "The Winner`s circle" in person ! :banana:
Of couse SSR is a "winner" to us, already!! :thumbsup2

Looks great! Can't wait for racing season to get started here in Saratoga, New York that is.

Eric

Thanks for the posting the picture. I love horse racing! that statue is gorgeous! :thumbsup2

We are getting HIT with the PreaKness stakes this week .Poor DB has to stay here as we live closer to Pimlico .He is an on-air switcher for Magnas' simualcast (sp) and also does some of the video work of the horses for them.

I also wonder if the 7 is a reference to the 7 DVC's they have now.

Ooh, can't wait to see it, and to look for the hidden Mickey's :thumbsup2

Beautiful; absolutely beautiful! Our beloved SSR continues to grow and mature into a wonderful resort "Home". :thumbsup2

Is that the final location for the sculpture? We were originally told that it would be on the lawn just outside the bellstand/check-in area. There was an oblisk placed there until the statue arrived. Does anyone know where this will be?

tmt martins said:

You know what? I didnt even see the 7!! Great eye tmt!

I wonder too, it would be just like Disney to come up with that.

I cant wait to see it now, to see what other obscurities are carved into that statue.

I also think the statue will be moved to the front lawn area in front of the Bell Desk. Someone posted a great photo of that area just recently. I will see if I can find it.

tmt martins said:

Oh! What about Because SSR is the 7th DVC! :banana:

That is sooo cute!

KLeornard said we should have a "Name That Horse" contest. I agree!

I like his entry-DVCeeBiscuit! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter