SSR..just back. The place just keeps getting better and better!

E

eeyoresmom

Just back from our 4th trip to SSr. Have stayed in all DVC's except for AKL. I am continouslly impressed at how serene and beautiful the resort is ,while also offering a ton of activities! This trip we had a late flight out so sat by the pool for a few hours before heading to the airpot. I couldn't find any showers by the pool, so asked someone in the spa. They directed me to the locker room and:dance3: I couldn't believe there was no charge to use this facility!!! Will be spending lots of time there next trip.

My son and I just did a last minute get-a-way a week and a half ago to SS and I loved it. We had never stayed there before. I have been meaning to post. We will definately stay there again.:)

I have to admit that my favorite DVC resort is OKW, but my wife's is SSR. So....we will be heading to SSR later this week for the 6th time this year!!

SSR is a very beautiful and laid back resort, and you can't beat the view of DTD at night from a Congress Park room.

We love SSR, too. My wife loves it so much, in fact, that when I recently offered to buy an add-on at any DVC resort she chose, she chose SSR.

Seems like a lot of people who own at SSR have sort of an inferiority complex. They (or should I say 'we') shouldn't. It is a fabulous resort.

We are starting to try out the other resorts but love SSR . SO if at the 7 month mark nothings avail then we will gladly just stay at our Fav Home.

We also love the DTD area so that alone makes SSR a hugh plus.

Just back from our 4th trip to SSr. Have stayed in all DVC's except for AKL. I am continouslly impressed at how serene and beautiful the resort is ,while also offering a ton of activities! This trip we had a late flight out so sat by the pool for a few hours before heading to the airpot. I couldn't find any showers by the pool, so asked someone in the spa. They directed me to the locker room and:dance3: I couldn't believe there was no charge to use this facility!!! Will be spending lots of time there next trip.

Soo glad you had a great time!!!! We had a great time too with a few setbacks. take care!

Seems like a lot of people who own at SSR have sort of an inferiority complex. They (or should I say 'we') shouldn't. It is a fabulous resort.

We just got back yesterday from a split stay at SSR and AKV. We liked both resorts a lot. We were in the Grandstand section at SSR which was great as far as location to the Carriage House, 1st pick-up at the Bus Stops, and a nice quiet pool. We also had a 1st floor room which was great with 3 kids (and a toddler/stroller). Our biggest problem/complaint was the bus frequency, which is not directly an SSR problem, more of a Disney transportation problem. How can they (i.e. DVC/SSR) not request and get more bus runs for a resort of the size of SSR?! It was truly frustrating at times. If we did not have the good fortune of staying in the Grandstand, we would have been standing each and every time we took a bus anywhere (except maybe DTD). Our family just missed the bus at EPCOT one evening to return to SSR (I say that because we arrived at the stop and were 1st in line). We proceded to wait 40 minutes for an SSR bus to arrive while watching about 100+ people line up behind us AND 5 Port Orleans buses pick up their resort guests as well as 1-2 buses for all the other resorts. We don't expect to be treated better than anyone else, but we felt quite slighted when it came to transportation:sad2: (we did not have any problems to/from AKV)

Sorry to vent, we did really enjoy SSR, otherwise. Kids loved the pools, ate at the Turf Club (wonderful meal!:) ), our 2BR unit was spacious (although the room wasn't ready until nearly 6pm :sad1: ) Maybe I need to find a Disney transportation thread to see if others had the same experience.:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter