• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We are here now staying at Grandstand. Definitely needs a refurb but overall ok. Anyone know where I can take my trash? Also dh and the kids have already gone through 3 hand towels!!! Apparently if there's a mess anywhere using a hand towel is acceptable instead of grabbing a paper towel

We are here now staying at Grandstand. Definitely needs a refurb but overall ok. Anyone know where I can take my trash? Also dh and the kids have already gone through 3 hand towels!!! Apparently if there's a mess anywhere using a hand towel is acceptable instead of grabbing a paper towel
In our building there are signs for trash and vending on the first floor. I would check down there.

I currently have a 3 bedroom booked in standard view with two other couples for my 30th anniversary. Our focus is DTD so we can drink and eat at night and have two park days (AK and Epcot) during our five night stay.

When I booked we didnt really care about the view but I have the points and wonder if I should just book the Preferred. Are the GVs much nicer and is there somewhere I can see the upgraded GV pictures?

Thank you.

I currently have a 3 bedroom booked in standard view with two other couples for my 30th anniversary. Our focus is DTD so we can drink and eat at night and have two park days (AK and Epcot) during our five night stay.

When I booked we didnt really care about the view but I have the points and wonder if I should just book the Preferred. Are the GVs much nicer and is there somewhere I can see the upgraded GV pictures?

Thank you.

Preferred Refurbed GV:

Standard not refurbed GV:

Thank you.
When is your trip? I think preferred is worth it right now because the boats aren’t running to DS. If boats return then another area of the resort might be pretty convenient. Also for an adults only trip we really enjoyed the Congress Park pool. There’s not much there to appeal to kids so it definitely had an adult crowd. Very nice stay overall!

So we did get pixie dusted with an upgrade at SSR this week . I booked a standard studio and we were assigned a Congress park studio. I didn’t get the upgrade to a one bedroom but I am quite the happy camper being in CP. refurb room is great!

When is your trip? I think preferred is worth it right now because the boats aren’t running to DS. If boats return then another area of the resort might be pretty convenient. Also for an adults only trip we really enjoyed the Congress Park pool. There’s not much there to appeal to kids so it definitely had an adult crowd. Very nice stay overall!

Thank you. Our trip begins November 10. I dont want to book based on what- ifs however we all do not mind walking and are all just turned 60 or in 50s so we are all active. Last time I was in a SSR GV was peobably almost 9 or so years ago and loved it but that is a lot of wear and tear. I think my group would also prefer updated rather than not.

If boats were running, I would seriously consider OKW too but that isnt an option right now for even availability and I wouldnt want to wait for a bus at the end of the night if we are out late at DTD.

Thanks.

Just called MS and upgraded to Preferred view. We have a GV preferred view. I would LOVE a view of DTD and a refurb room. Refurb my first request. My trip begins November 10. Do I have a good chance and where do I want to request.

We are six adults, active, and our evenings are eating and drinking a few nights at DTD. It will be my dh and my 30th wedding anniversary celebration and our friendsgiving trip with our friends.

Thanks.

Not sure if anyone saw that Disney is in a lawsuit with their previous contractor who was doing the remodel on SSR. I only mentioned it because the contractor is claiming there is an issue with the walls in the resort that violate the fire codes.

Not sure if anyone saw that Disney is in a lawsuit with their previous contractor who was doing the remodel on SSR. I only mentioned it because the contractor is claiming there is an issue with the walls in the resort that violate the fire codes.
The Orlando Sentinel said it was a fire code hazzard between the floors was missing a fire retardant that he discovered. But instead of having it fixed Disney hired someone else to do the job for $13 million more. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/bus...0200817-2pzqizr4ofegbdsmelueujxb7y-story.html

The Orlando Sentinel said it was a fire code hazzard between the floors was missing a fire retardant that he discovered. But instead of having it fixed Disney hired someone else to do the job for $13 million more. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/bus...0200817-2pzqizr4ofegbdsmelueujxb7y-story.html
It sounded to me like Disney hires someone else to fix it and do the job and that the issue was one of speed/timing? I may have misunderstood though. Either way whoever at Disney was interacting with the contractor should be fired if they were really talking to her like that.

Sounds like SSR owners could wind up getting an unplanned assessment. Yuck.

If Disney was really operating with code violations for the past 15 years Disney should pay for that. Now I am sure in reality the owners somehow will. I really hope not but certainly something to think about as we are thinking of adding on a resale contract.

In the 1 bedroom villas, I see that there is a stand up shower and a separate tub. Does the tub also provide the ability to shower, or is it solely for soaking in a bath?
Also there are two sinks in the bathroom, correct?

In the 1 bedroom villas, I see that there is a stand up shower and a separate tub. Does the tub also provide the ability to shower, or is it solely for soaking in a bath?
Also there are two sinks in the bathroom, correct?

In the renovated rooms, it's solely a soaking tub. Here's a remodeled 1 bedroom:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter