Standing in line at MGM before opening wheelchair rental options

MickeyDoug

Earning My Ears
Mom has diabetes. She can not walk or stand for long comfortably. We are going with my niece and nephew (6 and 9) and want to get to the park early. Shall we rent a wheelchair elsewhere and have Mom sit in it waiting for the park to open? Or maybe bring a folding camp stool and then stash it on the wheelchair handles. We could have them come later but I am afraid of the crowds and getting separated. We are going the week before easter so it will be a crowded day at the park.

Any advice would be helpful

If you are staying onsite, you may be able to get a wheelchair at your resort. I would recommend that you rent one from any of the off-site rental compnies, Walker often comes up as one that is reputable, and keep it for those times you are at the resort, of going long distances ourtside the parks. That would be much easier than renting within the parks.

galc.gif

"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

If you are staying on site and riding the buses, it can be along walk from the bus stop to the place in the park where you rent wheelchairs.
Here are the phone numbers/contact info for the places people have posted renting from:
CARE Medical Equipment - 1-800-741-2282
www.caremedicalequipment.com

RANDY'S Mobility in Kissimmee 407-892-4777

Walker Medical - 1-800-334-9501
www.walkermobility.com

I put them in alphabetical order, but Walker is the one people mention most. Here is the number for WDW
Resort Special Reservations at (407) 939-7807 (voice) or (407) 939-7670 (TTY). You could call that number to inquire about getting a wheelchair from a WDW resort.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

I think you might also be better renting off property depending on your situation. I have very bad arthritis in my leg and with my cane can only walk about a short block without stopping. When we go to the parks I've tried using the handicapped parking and find it's usually more walking than if we park in the regular parking lot and then take the tram. Once inside the park I rent an ECV. I rented a wheelchair once and was a nervous wreck with my husband pushing me around. People not used to pushing wheelchairs tend to not steer very well. And ECV she can go anywhere on her own. I know you can also rent those outside the parks. Hope this helps abit :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter