Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have took all the time, money, and resources they used to build this and used it all to build another star wars ride attraction instead. Would work out better for the park in the long run in my opinion.
I think this could have been really really cool, but at a cheaper price point and more rooms. It’s just something that most will never be able to do. That’s such a shame, because the concept is awesome.

Remember, Disney has data about how and where people are spending their money. If they didn't think this would make that money back they wouldn't have greenlit it to begin with. And they must have something that tells them that there are enough people out there willing to fork over that kind of money for this kind of experience in order to justify those prices.

I'm not one of those people, but there must be enough.

I think this could have been really really cool, but at a cheaper price point and more rooms. It’s just something that most will never be able to do. That’s such a shame, because the concept is awesome.
The whole point is for this to be a once in a lifetime experience. More rooms/cheaper price would ruin the interactive activities and personalized service. Clearly they have figured out that there is a big market for this. The money will roll in quick. I will definitely save up and do it one day.

There is no sustainability here. It will sell out initially. Yes. The problem comes down the road after all of the Youtube videos come out and the initial waves of those who can afford it have done it. What then? Also...what about the kid in the group who decides the next morning they want to go ride Dumbo?

It's $5,000 for a two day Star Wars ride. They could have invested Imagineering's time much better than this.
I don't think you are giving imagineers enough credit here. Clearly they have thought through the sustainability. If reservations start to slow, they change up the experience like they changed the ToT at DL. It's small enough that it wouldn't take much. Or they shut it down. They will have made sooo much money that the project will still have been worth it. And anyone who is spending this kind of money will book several more nights on property for access to other parks and the Dumbo ride. I am sure Disney vacation planners will be more than happy to create add-on packages.

The whole point is for this to be a once in a lifetime experience. More rooms/cheaper price would ruin the interactive activities and personalized service. Clearly they have figured out that there is a big market for this. The money will roll in quick. I will definitely save up and do it one day.
Yeah….I guess.

I’m a huge Star Wars fan but this looks ridiculous. And the itinerary doesn’t look that exciting. 2000 bucks for card game lessons. And you spend the morning at the park where you could be anyway. And it’s really only one and a half days. Pod racing for 20 minutes. The Vlog videos are going to have to be incredibly impressive to make me interested in spending that much.

honestly, people will pay it. we're learning that people will pay just about anything for things at Disney. There's a market for it, and i bet it sells out.

but again, it wont be families i bet.
It’s probably going to sell out, mabye even for a few years, but no way is the customer base that can afford those prices **and** wants to go or keep going large enough to sustain those type of prices long term.

I would love to bring my parents , but at this price I think cruising would be better and less expensive !

It’s probably going to sell out, mabye even for a few years, but no way is the customer base that can afford those prices **and** wants to go or keep going large enough to sustain those type of prices long term.
I keep saying things just like that, and I keep being wrong. We’re where we are because people don’t push back. Disney’s market will pay anything

You just gave me a nightmare about this I didn't know I would have:

Congrats, your group has no idea what they signed up for and just stares dumbfounded at the cast members acting like you're actually in space. (There's always somebody booking whole Disney vacations while doing seemingly no research, so why not here too? They might ask to also see "Harry Potter World" at some point during the trip.)

Congrats, your group contains the small child that is not yet capable of 'yes, and-ing' his way through a resistance mission but is VERY vocal about how Batman needs to be involved somehow.

Congrats, your group has the guy who is too cool for this and purposefully tries to derail it for everyone despite paying hard earned money for this experience like every one else. (This guy is later seen reciting the HM opening loudly over the ghost host).

I think I'm going to wait here for some reviews on these story points.
Congrats, you have the guy who gets on the internet and complains about everything.

The number of people that will be going to this thing is tiny by design. During a typical 1 week vacation (rounded up to 8 days) about 1400 people will attend this hotel. The price reflects the fact that this product is meant for the tippy top of top Disney spenders, but the scarcity does too.
Only 64,000 people can do this thing per year. 20-ish million visited the magic kingdom per year (pre-covid). That's 0.3% of the MK guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter