Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

Btw, can someone tell runDisney to change the names of these challenges - they are confusing as hell. We have two 'runDisney Kessel Run Challenge' - one is only the Rival Run Half + Virtual and the other is Rival Run Challenge + Virtual.....so they need to rename the first one, that is only the Half + Virtual to something different like 'runDisney Kessel Half Challenge'.

Every time I talked to my Travel Agent, I had to make sure to write about 20 paragraphs to explain I want the Challenge that includes the Half and 10k, not just the half, and the virtual - and I was getting tongue twisted every damn time. LOL.

btw, still surprised the challenges are still available (except just the Rival Run one), and the 5Ks and 10ks! I guess no one likes Jedi anymore - I can understand after the last three horrible movies.

Challenge looks to be back?
Rival Run only is showing as sold out again. However the Kessel Run & Rival Run Challenge remains open. Basically if you really want Rival Run, you can still get it. You just have to register for Kessel as well and that gets you two extra medals than the three you were already earning.

Every other distance is available individually. 5K is a no for me this year since I will be flying into Orlando that day.

Btw, can someone tell runDisney to change the names of these challenges - they are confusing as hell. We have two 'runDisney Kessel Run Challenge' - one is only the Rival Run Half + Virtual and the other is Rival Run Challenge + Virtual.....so they need to rename the first one, that is only the Half + Virtual to something different like 'runDisney Kessel Half Challenge'.
Yeah, that is really confusing. I momentarily worried that I had re-registered myself for Kessel Run this afternoon after runDisney told me that I could call them and get my original Kessel Run refunded if I had already purchased a Kessel & Rival run registration.

Yeah, it annoys me too that the challenges have such similar names- especially as they were getting truncated in the drop-down box when I was registering. I had to check the description and price a couple of times to make sure I had the right one. And yes, FOMO is real- I was already planning to do the virtual, half and 10k, but I ended up signing up for the 5k on a whim since it wasn't sold out yet. Guess I better get back to training! 🤣

I'm bummed that Disney bumped up the POT requirement from 2:45 to 2:30 for the HM- I had a time fast enough for the 2020 SW race, but I don't now, and it's unlikely I'll get one before the January deadline. Oh well.

I'm bummed that Disney bumped up the POT requirement from 2:45 to 2:30 for the HM

Interesting, I hadn’t picked up on that. Is that a newer thing recently (pre-COVID) or are the theories it’s a distancing/corral thing with COVID changes?

Every time I talked to my Travel Agent, I had to make sure to write about 20 paragraphs to explain I want the Challenge that includes the Half and 10k, not just the half, and the virtual - and I was getting tongue twisted every damn time. LOL.

btw, still surprised the challenges are still available (except just the Rival Run one), and the 5Ks and 10ks! I guess no one likes Jedi anymore - I can understand after the last three horrible movies.
Yeah it's not ideal. I don't think there's a good way around it though. Star Wars Rival Run & Kessel Run Challenge gets pretty wordy.

Maybe it would be better to list all the races included in each in the sub-hed.

Interesting, I hadn’t picked up on that. Is that a newer thing recently (pre-COVID) or are the theories it’s a distancing/corral thing with COVID changes?
Looks like it's 2:30 for Marathon Weekend so it's not a brand new change but not sure it's related to COVID? Maybe with fewer spots they figured they could spread things out better that way.

I'm bummed that Disney bumped up the POT requirement from 2:45 to 2:30 for the HM- I had a time fast enough for the 2020 SW race, but I don't now, and it's unlikely I'll get one before the January deadline. Oh well.
There's been speculation that the club runDisney move up your corral benefit resulted in this happening. We'll see.
Yeah it's not ideal. I don't think there's a good way around it though. Star Wars Rival Run & Kessel Run Challenge gets pretty wordy.

Maybe it would be better to list all the races included in each in the sub-hed.
Yeah. For whatever reason I hold out hope that this all just temporary until the real Kessel Run Challenge returns if and when Disneyland reinstates races. I can dream, can't I?

So when your youngest daughter asks when she finally gets to run a race at Disney you jump on the excuse and sign up! She and I will do the 5-K together and I am in for the HM as well. Was looking forward to my first Star Wars weekend last year, so glad I had a great reason to get registered again for next year (and lucky it hadn't old out yet).

Not sure if it’s been brought up yet, but RunDisney is certainly sensitive to the lack of recent PoT opportunities for this race weekend. The window for PoT races goes all the way back to October 1, 2018!

Not sure if it’s been brought up yet, but RunDisney is certainly sensitive to the lack of recent PoT opportunities for this race weekend. The window for PoT races goes all the way back to October 1, 2018!
I know! I think it’s the last time I can use my Oct. 14, 2018 POT. I need to work on running another POT half! Not sure if I can get that time back...

Seeing this--and knowing I could use my 2019 Run the Bluegrass result--made me hesitate even longer before deciding not to register.

I know this has been asked before, and I'm sorry that I both forgot and can't find the answer, but are there corals for the 5k?

Note to future me when April rolls around....

“Dear Self,
Why did you register for this after you finally decided NOT to register. You just had to check the website on Wednesday and see that stuff was still available. When will you ever learn?”
P.S Best of luck on your first half marathon. :-)

HAHA I have always wanted to do Star Wars weekend! When you designate light or dark side on the registration, does this mean anything? Do you get a different colored bib or anything based on which side you pick?

I can't see this event going off. Nothing seems to be improving. Be careful when traveling. Save receipts to get your refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter