Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

I'm on the fence about the whole thing. On the one hand, I want to sign up and make up for "the lost year." On the other hand, will I be comfortable enough with the state of things next April to actually run a race with thousands of people? Because you can't really bank on cancelation when you sign up for these things and 350+ is a lot of money for a gamble lol

If they DO turn it into a virtual like W&D, its shaping up to be a pretty expensive virtual. Have you seen the numbers over there on that thread? Yikes. :oops:

Especially when you compare it to the already established $60 Star Wars virtual half. I'm very curious about what the runner response will be and how many refund vs go virtual at those prices.

My hopes are pinned on an effective vaccine being available by year-end and that being enough for RD to be comfortable not cancelling the race. As I write that, I have to say I don't feel great about the odds there....
I've had so many adverse reactions to other vaccines, I'm concerned that I won't be able to get this one - my hopes are pinned to a very effective, safe treatment in addition to a vaccine.

I've had so many adverse reactions to other vaccines, I'm concerned that I won't be able to get this one - my hopes are pinned to a very effective, safe treatment in addition to a vaccine.

i know the oxford on has said fever and muscle aches are fairly common. The current vaccinw candidates certainly don't seem to be free of side effects. Oxford is having many people take aaccdemonophne after the vaccine. So yeah if you have had issues with other vaccines these may not be for you but we'll learn more as they go through phase 3 trials (which is the point of the trials).

And if the vaccine does come out, will enough people agree to get it so that some degree of “herd immunity” is in place to protect those who can’t take it?

And if the vaccine does come out, will enough people agree to get it so that some degree of “herd immunity” is in place to protect those who can’t take it?

I'm hoping between the people who will already have had it and those that will take the vaccine, we will be in a place where the world can fully open back up. I'm sure there will still be people who are stuck because they can't take the vaccine for whatever reason. While I both hope I'm not one of those people and sympathize with anyone who is, I hope that the rest of the world can move forward.

Hoping to sign up for the Star Wars 5K for next April. This is the first time I've had an AP when signing up for a race. Is there a special web site to sign up on 8/6? Or will it just be on the Run Disney site?

Hoping to sign up for the Star Wars 5K for next April. This is the first time I've had an AP when signing up for a race. Is there a special web site to sign up on 8/6? Or will it just be on the Run Disney site?
You can go through the AP perks section of the WDW website or there will be a link on the Star Wars event page on runDisney. Usually lists things like Golden Oak, DVC and AP.

You'll need to be logged into MDE and go to the Annual Passholders section. Click on Passholder Extras and scroll down - you'll see the Early Registration for runDisney Events section and link there.

You can go through the AP perks section of the WDW website or there will be a link on the Star Wars event page on runDisney. Usually lists things like Golden Oak, DVC and AP.
You'll need to be logged into MDE and go to the Annual Passholders section. Click on Passholder Extras and scroll down - you'll see the Early Registration for runDisney Events section and link there.

Thanks! Here's to hoping that registration does open as planned and we actually get to run the race next year.

Question for DVC/runDisney people...Can my brother use his DVC account to register me for events...or does he have to be one of the runners in the signup?

It is supposed to only those in the same household. Now you likely can do it but... Official wording is no though.
Thanks for the reply... I was registered for this year's (Canceled) SWRR and I didn't want to be shut out of next year's...

They have released bibs to travel agents for package sales. Registration, at least looks like it’s happening as currently scheduled.

Just got an email through DVC that had a small section at the bottom with a date of 9/6 as the early registration date for 2021 SW races. Sunday seems like an odd day to have registration open...not sure if that's common or I've just never noticed. Maybe a typo? Still nothing on rD's website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter