Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

Got the challenge and my husband got the 10k!!! Waiting for confirmation that my friend has gotten his registration.
ETA: my friend didn’t get in before the challenge sold out. I hate that it sells your bib out from under you. They pressed register and pay and it was sold out.

Last edited:
I was able to get 5k, Rival Run, and the Kessel Run. It was a lot smoother that marathon regestration. I had to wait 5 minutes to get in, but I was able to get in and out by 10:12.

BTW, I have lurked these threads for the last three SW races. They were especially helpful knowing what to expect when I ran my first in 2018.

Im in for the Challenge + Kessel. I started a phone right before 10, then my chrome browser right at 10. About 10:15 I opened a Chrome Incognito tab and about a minute later the tab I opened right at 10 went through and seconds later the incognito tab did. I also grabbed the magic band. Now I just have to take a breath and go back and enter my POT info.

Goodness what a stressful event. I have done each year's 10k.
I decided to go for the kessel run and challenge. I did my first 1/2 in January because I anticipated on doing the 1/2 at Paris this year for the C2C. I have not heard that rundisney will be allowing people who ran in January or Feb 2020 to use that towards a C2C for the next time they have the race at DLP. So I signed up for the 10k and half for SWRR and I usually do the virtual to prep. Since I am back to working 7 days a week (my wdw furlough ends on Saturday) finding time to actually get out and try to run 13 miles in one shot is difficult. New Years Day maybe? :sunny: Good luck everyone.

Holy cow! I was on Safari and nothing, I changed to an old Firefox browser and got right in. Even though my AP isn't activated, I was able to register for the Virtual!! I know that's no big deal, but I'm a new runner (an older, new runner). This will be a huge accomplishment for me. Can't wait to up my training game to make the entire 13.1 miles!!

I am in for the Half + Kessel! I really want to do the challenge but realistically the half works better for me, so I made the rational choice.

I really hope this race happens!! I’m also signed up for the princess half, but I have doubts about whether that one will happen. I feel slightly more optimistic about the Star Wars races happening.

This event is still scheduled? I'm shocked with everything else cancelled Disney still plans on this.

Now are the sell outs just the AP? Will there be more slots open during general registration on the 11th? There's going to be a massive amount of disappointed runners if this is all there is.

Now are the sell outs just the AP? Will there be more slots open during general registration on the 11th? There's going to be a massive amount of disappointed runners if this is all there is.

It's just the pre-registration groups that it's sold out for. More slots will open on the regular registration day. The sell outs are indicative of which categories will sell first, however, in case anyone needs to strategize how they register their group.

Stressful...had three devices going: PC on Chrome at 6:55am (PST), 2 iPads on Safari at 7:01am (PST). iPads got in first within a minute of each other...strange process. Registered for Rival Run Challenge with Kessel and 5K for both myself and girlfriend. This should lock in our perfect status for Challenge, Kessel and 5K - now back to training for all the local virtuals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter