Star Wars Hotel Price - Disney has officially lost their minds

I always figured it would be roughly equivalent in cost to a high end cruise ship, especially if food and some entertainment are included. Basically a land cruise. A once in a lifetime experience for most people that decide to go.

If the all inclusive experience proves to be unpopular, and it reverts to a regular themed hotel, then I would expect some rooms to be converted to DVC. The all-inclusive experience hasn't historically been popular too long after initial launch, much like the Disney Institute resort was converted to SSR and DVC.

I know a person who has been saving for years since this was announced b/c she has a son who loves Star Wars that much. Star Wars isn’t my thing, but I just assumed there would many other super fans doing the same. Plus, if their price point doesn’t work, then can just offer discounts & ppl will feel like they’re getting something special.
I don't think it will be first time visitors at all. I think the market is Star Wars fanatics, movers & shakers/trendsetteres, and people with sufficient disposable income.
So for a family of only 3 people you're looking at 10 Grand for a 2 night stay - not counting food and park tickets? Wow, just wow.
The article says a family of five would pay $7,200. $3,300 is a different version of the earned single supplement.

We would happily pay for this, but can you leave the hotel? My dh smokes and this seems like it could be a nightmare.

I don't think it will be first time visitors at all. I think the market is Star Wars fanatics, movers & shakers/trendsetteres, and people with sufficient disposable income.

The article says a family of five would pay $7,200. $3,300 is a different version of the earned single supplement.
No me either. I was responding to the pp who said ppl would only pay at first but that there wouldn’t be repeat visitors. I didn’t mean first time visitors to wdw, but first time visitors to the new hotel. Much like the parks, I don’t think they’ll run out of the first timers for that.

Which metrics?

The bond yield curve has inverted, which has presaged the last seven recessions. Consumer confidence has declined over the past year. BLS just restated job creation for 2018 as being much weaker than stated. The Fed is concerned and therefore cut rates. The executive branch is considering tax stimulus efforts that are utilized in recessions (payroll tax cuts, for example). Economic uncertainty caused by market turmoil (tariffs, etc.) is roiling the stock markets, which further causes consumer fear.

Would you like more indicators?

The prices sound insane. I hope Disney would look at bringing them down, but I doubt it. I figured we would never stay there, and it looks like I was right.

The bond yield curve has inverted, which has presaged the last seven recessions. Consumer confidence has declined over the past year. BLS just restated job creation for 2018 as being much weaker than stated. The Fed is concerned and therefore cut rates. The executive branch is considering tax stimulus efforts that are utilized in recessions (payroll tax cuts, for example). Economic uncertainty caused by market turmoil (tariffs, etc.) is roiling the stock markets, which further causes consumer fear.

Would you like more indicators?
- The yield curve is a poor indicator of a recession as a standalone indicator. Also, in previous recessions, the yield curve inverted greatly. The yield curve inverted briefly in this case. The curve would need to be inverted for much longer and deeply to indicate a recession.
- Consumer confidence has rebounded and is at/near all time high. It was down briefly and is certainly not down on the year.
- The Fed is concerned about global economic turmoil and not the interests of the United States. The Fed themselves say a recession is not likely.
- The executive branch is preparing for worst case scenario to mitigate any loss of voter confidence.
- The stock market is simply reacting to all of this and growth has still been phenomenal. Most of the market turmoil is tariff related and not economic recession woe related.
- We're also at record negative unemployment where more jobs are available than people to fill them.

But please, keep them coming.

Last edited:
- The yield curve is a poor indicator of a recession as a standalone indicator. Also, in previous recessions, the yield curve inverted greatly. The yield curve inverted briefly in this case. The curve would need to be inverted for much longer and deeply to predict any recession.
- Consumer confidence has rebounded and is at/near all time high
- The Fed is concerned about global economic turmoil and not the interests of the United States. The Fed themselves say a recession is not likely.
- The executive branch is preparing for worst case scenario to mitigate any loss of voter confidence.
- The stock market is simply reacting to all of this and growth has still been phenomenal.

But please, keep them coming.

We’re doomed.

My guess is that they are aiming for the Star Wars fan market (or the section with a fair amount of disposable income), not at families. I also know people who have been saving since it was announced and this family will definitely pay it.

We probably won’t, because I’m not keen and my husband won’t enjoy the role-playing aspect, but if we didn’t live overseas and could just go to Florida for a couple of days, we probably would.

We all value different things on vacation: some like 5 star resorts, some like cruises, some like camping. Once you remove the people who literally don’t have that amount of money, then it becomes about what you find value in it. It would definitely make for a unique experience and I personally would be more inclined to pay that amount of money on something like if (if it were of interest to my family, which it isn’t) than I would be on, say, a 3 day cruise.

This is pure insanity - just made my decision to take the kids to Italy or Australia much easier ! And I won't even have to be a "pig in a poke" winner !
Not sure either of those trips will be any cheaper.

My last two trips to Europe with a family of 4 cost $12000 each. Each trip was 10-16 days. When traveling that far, the trip needs to be longer to get value for the dollars spent.

The thing I don't understand with this hotel is how Disney is going to handle mixed families - those that include some fanatics and some who could care less about SW or don't want to do the role playing. Those prices might be worth it to a family who are all SW fanatics but if a family of 4 has one fanatic and the rest are just coming along for the ride, I don't know if many will be able to justify the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter